Any Boston area Vols know a good sports bar there?

Just got back last week. Caught Game 7 and also made a Red Sox game. Great sports bar next to Fenway Park called Fenway Johnnies we really enjoyed. Bell in Hand downtown was pretty good as well; probably a little more touristy but we enjoyed.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Do we even have that much of an alumni presence in Boston? NYC, LA, Chicago, for sure, but idk about Boston.
We have a fair number of grads who go on to MIT, Harvard, BU, BC, etc for grad school. My wife's grad school is how I ended up there, and we always had plenty of Tennessee and other SEC folk throwing various watch parties.

Greatest Bar when I was there had a separate upstairs room for Tennessee games with a full bar and lots of TVs. I doubt they have that anymore if there isn't a chapter active to rent it out. Penn State had the first floor during the games at the time, and they have a lot more grads in the region.

I am headed up there next month with the family. Going to a game and doing tourist stuff. We enjoy good food. If anyone has a restaurant they could recommend I would appreciate it. Go Vols.

We went to Fenway, got out of taxi and asked a local which bar he recommends. He said "the best baa is the closest baa." Words to live by.

I am headed up there next month with the family. Going to a game and doing tourist stuff. We enjoy good food. If anyone has a restaurant they could recommend I would appreciate it. Go Vols.
1928 Beacon Hill
Woods Hill Pier
Mooncusser
Toro
Yvonne’s

Reactions: Jxn Vol
Y’all came through for NYC (I’ll be there for VA game), so I’ll hit the well one more time. Is there a VolBar in Jacksonville, FL? I’ll be there for the Bama game (which sucks since I live in Tuscaloosa and could go) during a 48 yr Navy reunion. Thank you.

Since this thread has been hijacked once, a good DC one would be appreciated too.

If you’re looking for where the alumni gather, it’s Blackfinn. Closest Metro stop is Farragut North I believe. Sound guaranteed.

If you’re in VA, there is often a UT crowd at Crystal City Sports Pub. Sound depends on other game schedules and what associations are there at the same time.

If in Maryland, you’ll usually find the UT crowd at Barking Dog or Tommy Joe’s in Bethesda. Usually you can get the bartender to give you sound at both of these.

VN Store

Back