Antone Davis Claims Butch Jones' Wife Spread False Info

I’m sick of hearing about Cade Mays. So the kid wants to play for a front runner, that tells me everything I need to know.

Reactions: 6 people
I’m sick of hearing about Cade Mays. So the kid wants to play for a front runner, that tells me everything I need to know.

Can you blame him? I’m sure he loves Tennessee but he gonna do what’s best for him,which is going to a place with the best shot at winning championships.

I wish people would just understand that Mays is under no obligation to make their fan experience better just because he happens to live in Knoxville.

Reactions: 5 people
Who gives a damn at this point? Davis and jones are gone. Jones can't coach who cares about the rest? Davis is a whiny malcontent former employee. Again who cares? Let this die and focus on heading the right way.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm probably one of a very few that feels this way but the more Antoine goes public with his complaints, the more he sounds like a crybaby.

You realize he did not make this public right? He sent emails to Currie and the associate athletic director. News Sentinel obtained them from a FOIA request.

Reactions: 4 people
Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

All three of your posts are garbage. If you think UGA fans, Clemson fans, Bama fans wouldn't have booed that staff and effort you are clueless. I heard Clemson fans boo for years including Dabo who was about to get canned. Butch Jones was a clown. Period. And Pruitt is cleaning up the mess and Mays should be happy and want to be a Vol. Friend is a heck of a coach and if we get the help up front and another play maker or two, we will be a tough team to beat next year, because Pruitt is doing everything right that is needed to be done, and has hired a great staff. And we will see what Clemson does when Dabo is gone after Mays freshman season .

Reactions: 4 people
Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

I booed. Is it my fault? 41-0 if I remember right. Why do you want to blame the fan base? What should we become, Vanderbilt - expect to lose and are happy with a win, then drink hot toddies either way?

Blame is directly on Butch Jones, lack of player development and motivation and inmates running the asylum. That's where the boos were directed, not the players.

Butch is gone. Mays parents should be smart enough to understand this. Apparently it's hard for some to grasp.

Reactions: 2 people

Yes, I'm sure the fans of other proud SEC schools would have golf clapped a 41-0 home shellacking by a rival. It should be obvious by now that the administration wasn't up to the task of restoring our program and only an outright fan revolt was going to force a change. I'm not a fan of the boos but the players aren't stupid. They know they're directed at the administration and without boos and their online twitter equivalent, we might still be stuck with Butch. If anything, it shows our fans are passionate and will not allow the AD to shortchange the players and the rest of the Volunteer nation with incompetent leadership.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, I'm sure the fans of other proud SEC schools would have golf clapped a 41-0 home shellacking by a rival. It should be obvious by now that the administration wasn't up to the task of restoring our program and only an outright fan revolt was going to force a change. I'm not a fan of the boos but the players aren't stupid. They know they're directed at the administration and without boos and their online twitter equivalent, we might still be stuck with Butch. If anything, it shows our fans are passionate and will not allow the AD to shortchange the players and the rest of the Volunteer nation with incompetent leadership.

Well said. If any other program deteriorated to the extend ours has, their fans would do the same. Fan bases that expect to win are all the same.

If Cade goes somewhere else and they suck in 3 years, it will be the same there.

Amazing how many one time Jones apologists now see the light... predictable... but somehow still incredible to watch.

Hey, i resemble that remark. I'm a recovered apologist. But I've always been slow to the party.

I wish people would just understand that Mays is under no obligation to make their fan experience better just because he happens to live in Knoxville.

Most logical people do...

Yeah, I'm so glad that this doesn't happen at any other program in the country when a coaching staff's reputation goes South due to horrible performance.

The attacks were vicious and incessant during the off season after a 9-4 performance with a bowl win.

The attacks were even more vicious and incessant after a last second loss to Florida on a desperation play.

So you can pretend this only happened after the horrible performances but that isn't the case. After the mess FCDD left behind this fanbase should have been celebrating a 9-4 season with a good recruiting class coming in.

But so many were focused on any real or perceived shortcomings by anyone on the staff that they refused to see any positives about the program.

So keep telling yourselves that other schools do it, or the kids are weak for paying attention to it, or that nobody is paying attention or whatever lie/excuse you need to tell yourself but these boards and social media in general does have an impact on the people involved in the program. We can choose to be whiny b..ches demanding a better product or we can choose to be ambassadors of the program by spotlighting the positives in public (social media) instead if focusing on the negatives.

Your call on how to portray the program publicly

Reactions: 3 people
Butch Jones lost games to teams last year we shouldn't have lost. Kept us out of the SEC Championship when we should have played. Had we gone to the SEC Championship he's likely here at the start of 2018.

Tennessee then proceeded to have it's worst season ever under Butch Jones.

How are fans wrong for criticizing him? What positives were fans overlooking this year?

100% true.

Though some seem to think that high schools and players at that those high schools are obligated to attend the University of Tennessee and that if they don't it is somehow the fault of the coaches and staff at UT.

These young men, just like every young man across the country, will do what is best for them.

Mays wanted to come to UT when Jones was the HC. He de-committed when it became apparent there would be a HC change. We have a new HC and he is still not interested. He has moved on - so should all of us.

VN Store

Back