Anthem (February 22 Release)

the newest COD is huge. how many people playing old COD? how many people go back and play those old games? its the social media culture with the multiplayer games.

different world for a PC strategy game, but Company of Heroes 1 (2006 or 2007)has had more users online than Company of Heroes 2(2013). multiplayer wasn't the issue there. but they went beyond what made 1 great and lost for it. Dawn of War 3 is another example that sold its soul and lost out. during Steam sales you can get the new DoW3 game cheaper than you can get DoW1.
Not sure what this proves? Maybe I’m missing it.

Was a bit worried about the difficulty with Anthem, but after watching a few dev streams and other content, I dont have that worry anymore. I like the way they are tying the difficulty level with the level of potential drops that you get for completing the events. Reminds me of division and the world tier setup they have. Pretty excited for the demo this weekend, I may have one code that I am not using so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Anthem beta preload is live for Xbox and PS4 for VIP( preordered the game). PC should be out by now but don’t see it on origin yet.

Servers getting hammered (never understood companies underestimating their initial traffic) but played for a bit and the controls were much more crisp than I thought they would be. Beat my first ursex and got some nice loot drops.

Fired up the demo. Started first mission and I have been looking at a loading screen for 10 minutes

Still cant get anything to go. Figured I would try now when traffic should be low.

Still cant get anything to go. Figured I would try now when traffic should be low.
Not about traffic. They had some issues but most of those seem to be fixed for the most part. Still a couple of hiccups with loading in and out but everything much better than yesterday

I played a bit of the demo. Had some issues with the loading screens, but as for the game, I thought the combat was enjoyable. I thought the flying would be lame but it’s somehat satisfying too. Hard to gauge the long term appeal though.

You play much? Overall thoughts?
I played about 13 hours or so lol. Well actual playtime was about 9 hours and the rest was dealing with server issues. I love the gameplay and this type of game is right up my alley. Just not sure how long it will last as Division 2 is coming right after. If they can fix the bugs and also if the endgame is good, the game will do very well and will have a huge following.

I will also add that if you felt that the difficulty was a little too easy, I invite you to try the hard difficulty :)

Saw they're apparently going the Fortnite route with microtransactions (skins that cost $20, emotes over $10, only available for limited time then a new rotation of emotes and skins are available) even though this game will be released at full price. I think the game looks really cool honestly, but good grief am I sick of this garbage and I just can't support it. f*** EA

Saw they're apparently going the Fortnite route with microtransactions (skins that cost $20, emotes over $10, only available for limited time then a new rotation of emotes and skins are available) even though this game will be released at full price. I think the game looks really cool honestly, but good grief am I sick of this garbage and I just can't support it. f*** EA
Like EA wrote the book on MTX. It’s only cosmetic and as long as it doesn’t touch game play, don’t have a problem at all with it. Not to mention that you will be able to buy everything with coin which is a earned only currency.

Last edited:
I don't care that it doesn't effect gameplay, it's not the point. It's pure scum to put garbage like that in a $60 game. Sad to see BioWare sell their souls to EA and I hope this game gets all the bad publicity it deserves for this trash

And please spare me with the "in game currency" nonsense. It's EA, they know what they're doing, they're going to make it to where it either takes 20 hours of grinding to be able to afford a skin or just pull out the ole credit card and get it instantly

And please spare me with the "in game currency" nonsense. It's EA, they know what they're doing, they're going to make it to where it either takes 20 hours of grinding to be able to afford a skin or just pull out the ole credit card and get it instantly
Boo hoo lol. Again, just about every game out there has MTX. If it doesn’t effect gameplay it’s not a big deal. They have to pay for the future story content somehow and it’s better than having a season pass like everyone else......or better yet like COD who charges a season pass and has MTX.

Yikes, co-signing something that is literally a cancer in the gaming industry is not a good look. Let me guess, you're totally fine with the current state of Madden as well I imagine? Lol

Yikes, co-signing something that is literally a cancer in the gaming industry is not a good look. Let me guess, you're totally fine with the current state of Madden as well I imagine? Lol
Madden is awful lol. I just don’t see the issue with MTX with cosmetics. Never have, never will. EA has certainly earned the reputation that they have and I’m still somewhat skeptical that they only stay cosmetic, but if they do them it’s not a concern of mine. Your prerogative to make a stand and stay away from the game because of MTX though.

You brought up madden, wtf do cosmetic MTX have to do with madden and how they have out most of all their resources into MUT? Two totally different things IMo

I bring up Madden, and heck I could bring up Star Wars too, because they just flat out ruin these games with microtransactions, mainly ones that give a competitive advantage, and like you referred to, I personally will be shocked if cosmetics are the only microtransactions in Anthem. Their history says it simply won't stay cosmetic only and I see this as only the first step. And personally regarding cosmetic microtransactions I have a problem with them because I can see who they're geared towards, mainly younger kids who whine at their parents to buy them, and it makes me sick

VN Store

Back