Another Priest Bites the Dust

Um, it is. Do you know they're yearly operating budget?

Point: a church that large is the antithesis of what a congregation actually stands for.

Last I checked, a congregation was intended to be like one's family. Hard to know 4,999 people like family.

You can feed the homeless and buy an LCD screen It's called a budget

I believe he's asking whether an LCD screen is worth purchasing before all the hungry are fed. If God's work is the stated goal then I would think the screen could wait. JMO though

Thanks for telling me I'm out of my mind before I even give an answer.

I haven't tried to force my beliefs on anyone in this forum but continue to be attacked when stating my beliefs/opinions.

Discussions on religion on the VN are and will continue to always be worthless. I should have never interjected.

You are not being attacked. You made an affirmative statement that all people would get the opportunity to truly hear the gospel. You have to know there are people that live now that haven't/won't and people in the past that haven't. So that is not a valid statement in this world.

My real question was whether said people get a change in the next life. Something like purgatory.

Literally has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Try again

Actually, it does.

That story was about a man who followed the ten commandments, but Jesus told him that extravagance would keep him out of heaven.

I know why this verse irks you. Didn't you pull in, what, 40 grand last month?

Money burns fast.

so tons of Christians now believe that one can get into heaven without accepting Christ as their savior? Not sure those people call themselves Christians

Somewhere along the line I think something was lost in translation. I was saying that "hardcore" christians do believe you have to "accept christ as your savior" to get into heaven.

I will say that the younger generation of "soft" christians mostly believe you can get into heaven without being a christian by the book.

The first line of thinking is inherently a ridiculous system where many good people are punished and many bad people are rewarded based on a technicality. The second line of thinking is inherently contradictory because these people are actively blaspheming aganst established doctrine.

So you're either all in for hellfire and brimstone, or wishy washy and not well versed in your own faith.

You are not being attacked. You made an affirmative statement that all people would get the opportunity to truly hear the gospel. You have to know there are people that live now that haven't/won't and people in the past that haven't. So that is not a valid statement in this world.

My real question was whether said people get a change in the next life. Something like purgatory.

Just because I made a statement of my belief it is therefore affirmative? Wow. Who knew...

Do you know the real translation regarding the eye of the needle came from? It was not how we think now. It was the entrance into Jerusalem which had a narrow entrance and camels and rich people's belongings were packed rather large and had to be unpacked before entering the city
It was a huge task and meant letting go and putting your wealth at risk while entering the city where your servants could not secure your belongings.

Just a little Bible history you nighttime intriguing:yes:

"When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

That's why I try not to discuss religion on anonymous message boards. Its serves no purpose. There will always be a way to question religion no matter what.

Dude. I didn't make this up. It is the message of Jesus.

You are trying to falsely justify your position. Jesus just simply would not approve of megachurchs.

He would approve of you trying to convince people like me to get saved. Fo free.

how can one be a Christian yet believe good works alone will get someone into heaven? I thought those rules were pretty solid

Easy, Catholics believe that by accepting and confirming baptism, they are taking on an extra mission. That mission, though, is neither necessary nor sufficient for all human beings to get to heaven.

Do you know the real translation regarding the eye of the needle came from? It was not how we think now. It was the entrance into Jerusalem which had a narrow entrance and camels and rich people's belongings were packed rather large and had to be unpacked before entering the city
It was a huge task and meant letting go and putting your wealth at risk while entering the city where your servants could not secure your belongings.

Just a little Bible history you nighttime intriguing:yes:

Which era of Jerusalem are we talking about? I don't recall there being only one entrance on the outer cloister. Like any large city at the time, seems as though there would have been a few more.

I could be wrong, however.

Actually, it does.

That story was about a man who followed the ten commandments, but Jesus told him that extravagance would keep him out of heaven.

I know why this verse irks you. Didn't you pull in, what, 40 grand last month?

Money burns fast.

You missed the rest of the story. Jesus asks the man to follow him but he was unwilling to do so. Therefore he doesn't get to go to heaven

So ignorant clowns are good?

Get bent.

Yes I said I "think" you're being ignorant in what you were saying. I don't think you're ignorant overall. Wasn't trying to offend until it seemed you were coming all at me and implying that I'm a fool for believing in what I do.

Yes I said I "think" you're being ignorant in what you were saying. I don't think you're ignorant overall. Wasn't trying to offend until it seemed you were coming all at me and implying that I'm a fool for believing in what I do.

I was actually implying that you were a fool for the things you were posting. I don't know what you "do" and I don't care.

What hair-brained excuse can you conjure for calling me a clown just before pissing and moaning about being mocked?

Get a detailed budget for yours. If they will give you one.

My family has been going to the same church in Cincy for 20 years. My father is and had been on the board and was very recently the treasurer. I know very well what our budget looks like.

You missed the rest of the story. Jesus asks the man to follow him but he was unwilling to do so. Therefore he doesn't get to go to heaven

I know the rest of the story. Did you not read the verse I posted? Jesus was very clear.

The rich who hoard their money aren't worthy of heaven.

Dude. I didn't make this up. It is the message of Jesus.

You are trying to falsely justify your position. Jesus just simply would not approve of megachurchs.

He would approve of you trying to convince people like me to get saved. Fo free.

What if your definition of megachurch and his are different?

My family has been going to the same church in Cincy for 20 years. My father is and had been on the board and was very recently the treasurer. I know very well what our budget looks like.

Feel free to divulge the budget. Surely, it'll validate your claims.

Just because I made a statement of my belief it is therefore affirmative? Wow. Who knew...

Man you are making this hard.

You said everybody would get an opportunity.

My question is how?

I don't see how you say everybody gets a chance in this life. If you do, please explain.

So, since I don't believe everyone gets a chance in this world, I asked if you were talking about an opportunity in the next world similar to purgatory.

Man you are making this hard.

You said everybody would get an opportunity.

My question is how?

I don't see how you say everybody gets a chance in this life. If you do, please explain.

So, since I don't believe everyone gets a chance in this world, I asked if you were talking about an opportunity in the next world similar to purgatory.

PKT, if this is stressing you, I have some Tamiflu left over that'll take the edge off.

This whole debate is so strange.

VN Store

Back