Another Former UT Coach In The News.

The man knows basketball. He just hasn't shown the total package of knowing basketball and consistently maximizing player or team's assets with that knowledge.

206-209 overall record

his teams have played .500 or better in their conference 4 times in his 14 seasons. dude sucks.

The laudatory tone of the article seems unwarranted IMO. Unless there's something I'm missing.

O'neill is one of the most over-rated coaches in the game. Althoug his basketball I.Q. is incredible, he just can't consistently coach. He should be relegated to nothing more than an assistant coach at any high profile coaching gig.

At least he's not sucking around for a job in the D League.

Nah, he's too busy standing on the bench giving opposing fans the finger and cussing at them or getting drunk in a bar and getting into an altercation with an Arizona booster.

At least he's not sucking around for a job in the D League.

no idea why thats relevant

after he left marquette he had losing conference records EVERY YEAR for eight straight years at four different schools until this past season.

nobody here cares about him.

His radio show was awesome. Listening to him answer the questions from the hilljacks was the best part. You could almost hear the pain in his voice as he restrained himself from laughing to death. I really think he was a terrible fit here.

On a tenuously related note, I saw Isiah Victor last night. He's back helping with a local HS team while trying to figure out if he wants to go back to Europe for another stint or just retire. He's a nice guy, and he seems to be doing well for himself.

On a tenuously related note, I saw Isiah Victor last night. He's back helping with a local HS team while trying to figure out if he wants to go back to Europe for another stint or just retire. He's a nice guy, and he seems to be doing well for himself.

He's from Hopkinsville, right?

again i ask, why do you think im a Pearl fan? i dont care about him. just because i dont care about Kevil O'Neill you assume im a Pearl fan ? get over it, i dont want to hear about Lon Kruger either. this doesnt mean i love apples or hate blueberries. assuming so shows just how delusional, narcissistic, and obsessed you have become

again i ask, why do you think im a Pearl fan? i dont care about him. just because i dont care about Kevil O'Neill you assume im a Pearl fan ? get over it, i dont want to hear about Lon Kruger either. this doesnt mean i love apples or hate blueberries. assuming so shows just how delusional, narcissistic, and obsessed you have become

Crap. Was in the middle of reading that thread. Always tense in the basketball forum.

Yeah, because he has been handed amazing situations at every stop.

Yeah, because good coaches only ever get offered scrap jobs.

There is nothing, NOTHING , in his coaching resume to indicate he is a successful college basketball coach. I cant possibly understand why youd feel the need to defend the Minny Mendoza of college basketball. He loses every year, what would make anyone think hes good?

Hes a good interview and knows the game but is not a leader of men. His track record shows that AD's realize this after 2-3 years and he moves on to his next job where he has an excuse.

Yeah, because good coaches only ever get offered scrap jobs.

There is nothing, NOTHING , in his coaching resume to indicate he is a successful college basketball coach. I cant possibly understand why youd feel the need to defend the Minny Mendoza of college basketball. He loses every year, what would make anyone think hes good?

Hes a good interview and knows the game but is not a leader of men. His track record shows that AD's realize this after 2-3 years and he moves on to his next job where he has an excuse.

I'm sorry, you are 100% correct. There is nothing to indicate that he is a successful coach, well except for his success at Marquette, being the first coach in god knows how long to take Northwestern to the postseason, leaving Tennessee in good enough shape that even Jerry Green couldn't **** it up, taking over the Arizona basketball team after the season had started and their coach left and leading them to the NCAA tournament, and taking over a gutted USC program and leading them to the NCAAs in his second year there.

wow, our definitions of success are much much different.

he took marquette , a top 20 all time program to sweet 16 once in 5 years. check.

his vol teams went 14-24 in the SEC in 3 seasons but you give him credit for any semi-success jerry green had actually coaching the players. check

he took northwestern back to the nit once in 3 years (after a loooong 3 year postseason drought). check

in one year at zona he finished 7th in the pac-10 and arizona had their worst season in 20 years.

his first year at USC his missed the postseason after they had been there 3 straight years. he sneaks into the NCAA with a #72 RPI (right behind iona and new mexico) after his second season and hes a genius. check

just admit it, if your leader told you oneill pooped gold nuggets you'd believe it.

all the above are facts. not some myth about basketball savant.

like i said , dude sucks

just admit it, if your leader told you oneill pooped gold nuggets you'd believe it.

all the above are facts. not some myth about basketball savant.

like i said , dude sucks

O'Neill isn't going to be confused with coach k, but he's a solid coach and good recruiter. He's taken over garbage situations and never stayed long enough to reap the awards of his efforts. I don't think he'll compete for titles at SC but they'll routinely be in the postseason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back