And the good news is:

We are the best D that A&M has faced this year. They have a solid D and mean front for sure, but are they way better defensively than Florida? And remember what Dobbs was able to do to them?

All logic points to A&M with an edge given home field, 12th man, etc, BUT this year has been anything but logical. Team 120 comes to play this weekend and wins a close one to go to 6-0!!!

#wgwtfa

A&M didn't seem to handle shutting down that Franklin kid for Auburn when he took off running. But I'm not sure how much they prepared for him to be in the game either. I hope we put 4 good quarters together and really give them a game. GBO!

If we can light a fire and get our Dline to play like they did in the 4th Q vs uf,uga and put consistent pressure on knight shut them down on multiple 3 and out s for the first half Trevor knight will fold and is known to make mistakes under pressure that is why he lost his job to baker mAyfeild i think we will do just fine. If we can get a 14 to 21 lead early then we will win BIG

I would love to see Darrell Taylor get some action this game. He's our fastest DE and he ran down Jerod Evans more than once. Maybe Shoop can use him as a weapon in this game containing Knight.

The bad news.... is that what we've seen may be what this team really is. We're five games in. If something happens once or twice then you can write it off... but UT hasn't played a complete game yet.

How well they've played in spurts definitely tells us how good they could be.... good enough to beat anyone in the country.... but that's useless unless they play well consistently.

Here's my "prediction" for this week. If UT hits TAM a couple of times with the read option early plus some throws down the seams.... UT will score early and have a great shot of winning its toughest road game of the year. If the Vols sleepwalk out of the tunnel.... it will be over before it starts.

PS- UT really needs Kirkland to play.

We need some more healthy LBs for sure. We just need this offense to put it all together for the next 8 quarters and don't turn it over. I think the D will rise to the occasion. Just hope Shoop has realized the only CB he had that can play on an island was Cam. Big plays over the top are all that is keeping this D from being elite.

The bad news.... is that what we've seen may be what this team really is. We're five games in. If something happens once or twice then you can write it off... but UT hasn't played a complete game yet.

How well they've played in spurts definitely tells us how good they could be.... good enough to beat anyone in the country.... but that's useless unless they play well consistently.

Here's my "prediction" for this week. If UT hits TAM a couple of times with the read option early plus some throws down the seams.... UT will score early and have a great shot of winning its toughest road game of the year. If the Vols sleepwalk out of the tunnel.... it will be over before it starts.

PS- UT really needs Kirkland to play.

This season.. And probably more, it seems Tennessee plays like whom they are playing. We should have stopped a mud hole in Ohio. If we played like we played against Florida in the 2nd 1/2
no doubt in mind we would be unstoppable 😀

And let us not forget that while Team 120 is prepping for A&M, both physically and mentally, the kids have to attend and study for Chemistry, Finance, Economics, Physics, Statistics and so on. God Bless Team 120! Go Vols!

Aren't all college teams filled with players that, too, must take classes?

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone said we would not beat Virginia Tech, Florida, and Georgia with slow starts either, but here we are sitting at 5-0. Would I rather start strong and finish stronger? Of course. The point is, this team wins. We have a lot of veteran leadership and talent to carry us forward. People also forget that under Kevin Sumlin, A&M is known for starting strong, and folding in the middle of their schedule against good teams. We have a much better shot at winning this game than many of you are giving us credit for.

When did every one predict UT would lose to VA Tech?

TAMU has also proven so far this year to be much better than Va Tech, Florida, and Georgia. Plus, this is a road game. Which makes it even worse.

Also, people keep acting like the past dictates the future. Sumlin teams folding in the 6th game of the year every year is not going to happen forever. If past performances were true, then we would not have beaten Florida or Georgia this year.

TAMU looks very good and we have yet to put a complete game together. People should be more worried about this one than they are. We cannot get down 17-0 against TAMU. They are not going to play conservative or take their foot off the pedal after seeing how resilient this team is.

With all due respect, I don't know that UCLA and Arkansas are better than Florida/Georgia/Virginia Tech. Anything could happen in this ball game this week. Don't know.

Reactions: 2 people
With all due respect, I don't know that UCLA and Arkansas are better than Florida/Georgia/Virginia Tech. Anything could happen in this ball game this week. Don't know.

I'd say we have been tested more then A&M and that means something.

The good news is:

#WGWTFA

Agreed we have a contingent on VN that insist week in week out our opponents are Supermen, beyond team 120 to beat, just put your head down and maybe God Almighty will keep the game close and not us being made a laughingstock of college football. UCLA/Arky are supermen, beaten by bigger better Supermen. UF/UGA/and VT are punks beaten by a lucky UT team who this week get a beatdown. Aint happening folks, 120 as can ANY SEC team be beaten on any given Saturday, 120 will show up and do us proud and has strengths that if they can play to will defeat A&M.

Why does everyone assume A&M will play a perfect game and we won't. It is very likely that neither team plays to their potential. Both teams will make enough errors to loose the game, which team will capitalize on the errors. I love the chief but the TAM defense was really bad 2 years ago and folded last year mid season. It. Takes time to recruit and develope depth. Despite our injuries I think our D is equal or better. Our Offense can score on anyone. If we catch a few passes we could quiet the crowd and run away with it. Not saying we will. So anything can happen. You may have noticed when we need points we have had an extra gear available. That's why we can win from behind. I also know we won't panic. 50/50 game that we can win.

Just read on the bleacher report on CNN's site they pick us to beat Texas A&M 38-33. Just a guess of course like anyone else's.

I have wondered if UT being on Gameday (ESPN or SEC) nearly every week has had something to do with the slow starts. UT has been in one of the biggest covered games nationally almost every week. I kind of wonder if it's the pressure or distractions of every week being a team with a "target" on their backs. May be way off base here it just seems nobody can figure out this first half issue.

VN Store

Back