Amateur Hour Continues

In the context of if spending stayed the same from year to year. A true balanced budget without having to borrow. I know that is the issue: we spend more than we take in and that is just the way it is. I don't like kicking the can down the road. Pay as we go.
Pay as we go....

Would you favor a budget based on the previous years tax revenues. Say we collect 3.2 trillion in 2018, then the 2019 budget has a maximum to spend of 3.2 trillion?

Reactions: hog88
I would like to see across the board federal budget cuts equal to 1/2 the reduction in defense spending.
ex. Cut defense spending by 10%, and all other federal expenditures cut 5%.

Close to agreement. Increase your percentages and make them equal and you've got a deal.

Unfathomable that people could be moved by non-economic issues like global warming, rule of law, democracy, checks and balances, human rights, etc.
What has Trump done to adversly effect any of the bold that wasn't done by his predecessor?

And the global warming example is BS.
lol....his attacks on Judge Curiel is just one example that covers all of the bolded.

No, your answer does not address the question asked in any shape or form.

Pay as we go....

Would you favor a budget based on the previous years tax revenues. Say we collect 3.2 trillion in 2018, then the 2019 budget has a maximum to spend of 3.2 trillion?
Adjusted for projected GDP growth.

I would like to see across the board federal budget cuts equal to 1/2 the reduction in defense spending.
ex. Cut defense spending by 10%, and all other federal expenditures cut 5%.

Ok, does it matter to you how they cut defense spending to meet the 10%?

Adjusted for projected GDP growth.
That concerns me. Here's why. When allowing the government to project growth we give them a easily manipulated stat which can lead to overspending.

I disagree philosophically that the government must increase year after year in line with GDP increases. But to your idean
How about an ave increase based on previous 5 year running ave of GDP?

Reactions: Mick
That concerns me. Here's why. When allowing the government to project growth we give them a easily manipulated stat which can lead to overspending.

I disagree philosophically that the government must increase year after year in line with GDP increases. But to your idean
How about an ave increase based on previous 5 year running ave of GDP?
Yep that would be better. When I said projected that is really what I meant and not the government just throwing out a number to justify an increase in spending.

Yep that would be better. When I said projected that is really what I meant and not the government just throwing out a number to justify an increase in spending.
Good on you Mick. I could get behind any valid candidate from any party who was serious about doing what we've proposed.

No, your answer does not address the question asked in any shape or form.
lol......It addresses it in every shape and form. He questioned the integrity of a sitting judge hearing a case involving him for nothing other than racial reasons. That's beyond the trifecta. AND something Obama never did nor would ever do.

I have no desire to discuss something which will never happen with someone who has a closed mind. Go worship your sacred cows. I'll go try to slaughter the herd.
Now that is open minded. Plus, it looks as if you're the one with a sacred cow.

Only if you're blind. I want to cut everything equally you want to cut one thing more than the other but I have the sacred cow. I can just imagine you proposing to your wife: chey let's get married and you can have sex with me but I'll have sex with you and some other folks too". I'm sure you were shocked when she said she didn't want to get married under those terms

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
The irony in your ridiculous proposal is I would support it if it was sitting on the president's desk. I will take any spending cut rather than continue the status quo. But because your proposal is not fair to both sides one cow is cut deeper than the other it never has a chance to even get out of the gate. So why discuss it.

The irony in your ridiculous proposal is I would support it if it was sitting on the president's desk. I will take any spending cut rather than continue the status quo. But because your proposal is not fair to both sides one cow is cut deeper than the other it never has a chance to even get out of the gate. So why discuss it.

How about no %reductions in spending? Each department starts at zero and builds their budget from there.

One cow is more grossly bloated.

VN Store

Back