Alvin Kamara officially signed today

RB Alvin Kamara Signs With Vols - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

For those of you that don't understand, landing this kid is a huge deal. This kid was the #2 back coming out of high school. This past year he was a first-team JUCO all-American. The one-two punch of him and Hurd will likely end up resulting in a running game that Tennessee hasn't seen in a long time.

I agree but there is no understating how badly we need help on our oline. I pray Blair is ready to play.

xwoa.gif

Bad technique.
You will rip it off using that stroke!

Didn't Kamara play at Norcross with Croom.

Yep and Diamond DeShields (women's basketball) is from Norcross and went to school with these guys too. Love watching them all excel. I wanted all these kids at UT...so proud of our hometown kids.

Can Karma play in our bowl game this year? I saw a few say he could but I thought since he was not a member of this year's team he couldn't??

No. There are not SEVERAL better tandems.

Better tandems 2015
-----------------------
Jonathan Williams-Alex Collins
T.J. Yeldon-Derrick Henry + Bo Scarbrough
Sony Michael-Nick Chubb + Keith Marshall

Tandems equal to Hurd-Kamara 2015
---------------
Leonard Fournette-Derrius Guice
Jovon Robinson-Racean Thomas + Kerryon Johnson
Ole Miss is loaded with 6 (4* backs) on roster for 2015

These are just "in my opinion". I love Hurd and Kamara's potential but the SEC is loaded with great backs. Kamara does come with some risk and since he hasn't played a down in the SEC yet I'm probably being a bit cautious.

Last edited:
This more than makes up for the RB that quit on us.

AK coming here is also probably a huge part of why he quit on us.

WELCOME to Vol Nation young man!!!

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I am really excited to see AK in orange. Hurd and Kamara will be the best RB combo we have had in many years. Both are future NFL backs.
If Dobbs can work on his passing accuracy in the off season, TN will have the potential to be a top 15 team in 2015.

Reactions: 1 person
I am really excited to see AK in orange. Hurd and Kamara will be the best RB combo we have had in many years. Both are future NFL backs.
If Dobbs can work on his passing accuracy in the off season, TN will have the potential to be a top 15 team in 2015.

Love your expectations Gramps, let's just let this season play out and get our new recruits and let's see how the summer camp goes, I'm with ya though.. If we can win 8 next yr I'm on top of the world..

VN Store

Back