Alvin Kamara Appreciation Thread (merged)

Congrats to them, they are remarkable players and VFL’s, but this is such a damn indictment. Hard pill to swallow.

He's shown to be beyond legit out of the backfield receiving but he rushed for only 3.91ypc yesterday. In fact over his last 5 games he's averaging 3.44ypc.

It could be as simple as the NFL is a long season (he's not used to 200 touches) and that the rest of the league is scheming better. In any case his receiving production has become the far greater weapon vs taking handoffs.

Not Kamaras fault on rushing Y/C but an indictment on New Orleans run blocking if anything. Ingram Y/C has not been good recently either. Teams were focusing on the run against the Saints the last few weeks so that is another reason behind the lower rushing averages.
I would use him as much as I needed to win games and if there are signs later that he is wearing down then rotate with the other backs then. New Orleans was good enough to make the SB this year and if Kamara had more touches during the year then they may have accomplished that goal.

Not Kamaras fault on rushing Y/C but an indictment on New Orleans run blocking if anything. Ingram Y/C has not been good recently either. Teams were focusing on the run against the Saints the last few weeks so that is another reason behind the lower rushing averages.
I would use him as much as I needed to win games and if there are signs later that he is wearing down then rotate with the other backs then. New Orleans was good enough to make the SB this year and if Kamara had more touches during the year then they may have accomplished that goal.

We're pretty much saying the same thing. Though Ingram has had a slightly better ypc over that span (3.86 vs 3.44) their production on the ground was definitely down from earlier in the season and I mentioned teams scheming to limit that facet.

I'm not sure what more touches would have done during the season to help their SB chances...they got to the playoffs and lost. Actually Kamara got more carries and total touches than Ingram in the loss. Mind you that's not to say that in any way contributed to the loss...his TD catch was awesome. The guy could literally make a career of being a slot receiver. In fact it wouldn't shock me in the least next year to see more looks with Ingram in the backfield and AK splitting out.

We're pretty much saying the same thing. Though Ingram has had a slightly better ypc over that span (3.86 vs 3.44) their production on the ground was definitely down from earlier in the season and I mentioned teams scheming to limit that facet.

I'm not sure what more touches would have done during the season to help their SB chances...they got to the playoffs and lost. Actually Kamara got more carries and total touches than Ingram in the loss. Mind you that's not to say that in any way contributed to the loss...his TD catch was awesome. The guy could literally make a career of being a slot receiver. In fact it wouldn't shock me in the least next year to see more looks with Ingram in the backfield and AK splitting out.

IMHO, with Kamara's explosiveness , 5 to 10 more touches a game (run/rec) may have resulted in one or more additional scoring drives per game. This may have contributed to a couple of more wins in the regular season and helped their playoff seeding and also may have contributed to a larger lead over the Vikings denying them the opportunity to win on the last play.

IMHO, with Kamara's explosiveness , 5 to 10 more touches a game (run/rec) may have resulted in one or more additional scoring drives per game. This may have contributed to a couple of more wins in the regular season and helped their playoff seeding and also may have contributed to a larger lead over the Vikings denying them the opportunity to win on the last play.

The only conceivable answer to that is "maybe" and "we'll never know".

Went on The Herd this morning and everyone on there explicitly avoided mentioning Tennessee. When giving his bio Colin said he 'left Alabama and then went somewhere else'. Even had a segment on whether he roots for Alabama or Georgia because he went there/is from there....

This guy hates us :(

Went on The Herd this morning and everyone on there explicitly avoided mentioning Tennessee. When giving his bio Colin said he 'left Alabama and then went somewhere else'. Even had a segment on whether he roots for Alabama or Georgia because he went there/is from there....

This guy hates us :(
A few weeks ago, He was asked to describe his experience at UT and all he said was "f**ked up"
Like damn, you'd think he would say the fans were incredible and mention the friends he had on the team. Obviously he was wasted at UT, but that was our dumbass coach's fault -- not the fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 17 people
There is no doubt Hurd would have been MVP had he played in the NFL this season according to CBJ and many on this board since he was clearly the better running back

Reactions: 4 people
There is no doubt Hurd would have been MVP had he played in the NFL this season according to CBJ and many on this board since he was clearly the better running back

Also Hurd's mama...remember how she told us that we would all see the reason that AK was second string now that he was in the league?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back