Alright SEC loyalists that were rooting for Bama...

im tired of this sec loyalist garbage, I hope F$U beats and its a good game.
Auburn is a good story but them winning does little for UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess I'm still not getting it. So we should not be SEC loyalists but we should be proud of Tennessee's accomplishments. :unsure:

For all the "non" SEC loyalists would you still pound your chest and fly your Vols window flags, VFL license plates etc. if UT was in say the MAC,Conference USA or American Athletic Conference

:popcorn:

For all the "non" SEC loyalists would you still pound your chest and fly your Vols window flags, VFL license plates etc. if UT was in say the MAC,Conference USA or American Athletic Conference

Ofcourse, I am a Tennessee fan. I am not a UT fan because we are in the SEC. I would pull for UT in any conference. My pride is not in the SEC logo on the jersey, but the Power T.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't give a crap about SEC loyalty. All this SEC pride hasn't done Tennessee any good. Only thing it's done is help sway the difference making recruits to those other teams.. It has to end sometime. IF FSU can't beat a one trick pony Auburn. Although it's a good one trick. SEC may rein for a long time still. This is the best chance for someone outside the conference to win it in a while. Auburn has flaws although they cover them well.

SEC pride............I'm 100% vol, but I tend do pull SEC in OOC games, bowl games, etc. I'm not fanatical about it or anything, but I like to see the SEC teams do well against other regions/conferences...and I totally understand the argument that "the more other teams win on a large scale, the tougher it is for UT"...I have had several discussions with my buddies about this, and I'll admit, my pulling for rivals in big bowl games is not very rational when we get down to it.

My theory is that, generally speaking, the south has always been the butt of jokes; we are poor, uneducated, incest, obese, rednecks, hillbillies, etc., etc., ...the list goes on and on. Southerners as a whole have been stereotyped for a long long time by other parts of the country. As we all know, over the last decade the SEC has pretty much dominated the BCS and college football on a large scale. So i think, in the face of regional stereotypes including everything from finances to family, it is understandable that some "Southerners" feel a sense of pride when dominating the west coast, mid-west, northeast, and other regions in something. As I said, it may not be rational, but I can definitely understand it.

Ofcourse, I am a Tennessee fan. I am not a UT fan because we are in the SEC. I would pull for UT in any conference. My pride is not in the SEC logo on the jersey, but the Power T.

I realize that we're all Tennessee fans but the question here is. If Tennessee's in the MAC and dominates that conference does it hold the same weight in the grand scheme of things as it would if Tennessee was on top of the SEC.

The realistic answer to that question is no, of course it would not. I'm a Tennessee football guy and dam n proud to be in the SEC and not some mid-weight conference.

I realize that we're all Tennessee fans but the question here is. If Tennessee's in the MAC and dominates that conference does it hold the same weight in the grand scheme of things as it would if Tennessee was on top of the SEC.

The realistic answer to that question is no, of course it would not. I'm a Tennessee football guy and dam n proud to be in the SEC and not some mid-weight conference.

thats not the 1st question you asked, it was "
For all the "non" SEC loyalists would you still pound your chest and fly your Vols window flags, VFL license plates etc. if UT was in say the MAC,Conference USA or American Athletic Conference "

question 1: yes I would still be a 100% orange TN die hard.

question 2: of course it wouldnt hold the same weight. Here in East TN we'd prob be big vols fans, but we definitely wouldn't have UT fans from coast to coast like we do now. .....That is like comparing Bowling Green or Cincinnati to Ohio State in terms of conference weight, and then comparing fan bases.

Last edited:
SEC pride............I'm 100% vol, but I tend do pull SEC in OOC games, bowl games, etc. I'm not fanatical about it or anything, but I like to see the SEC teams do well against other regions/conferences...and I totally understand the argument that "the more other teams win on a large scale, the tougher it is for UT"...I have had several discussions with my buddies about this, and I'll admit, my pulling for rivals in big bowl games is not very rational when we get down to it.

My theory is that, generally speaking, the south has always been the butt of jokes; we are poor, uneducated, incest, obese, rednecks, hillbillies, etc., etc., ...the list goes on and on. Southerners as a whole have been stereotyped for a long long time by other parts of the country. As we all know, over the last decade the SEC has pretty much dominated the BCS and college football on a large scale. So i think, in the face of regional stereotypes including everything from finances to family, it is understandable that some "Southerners" feel a sense of pride when dominating the west coast, mid-west, northeast, and other regions in something. As I said, it may not be rational, but I can definitely understand it.

So youre saying the only "Leg Up" the South has against all other regions of the country would be College Football? And this leg up somehow mitigates our lack of education and overall health? :crazy::number1:

So youre saying the only "Leg Up" the South has against all other regions of the country would be College Football? And this leg up somehow mitigates our lack of education and overall health? :crazy::number1:

Exactly........I may be married to my sister, Obese, and unemployable, but i'm a danged winner in life because of my football team.

i never said that is the only leg up we have in life...we have better weather, prettier women, better food. Just saying that some of these long standing stereotypes that are prevalent in media, movies, etc., may help explain SEC pride a bit....kind of an "us against the world" type thing....just throwing it out there.

i never said that is the only leg up we have in life...we have better weather, prettier women, better food. Just saying that some of these long standing stereotypes that are prevalent in media, movies, etc., may help explain SEC pride a bit....kind of an "us against the world" type thing....just throwing it out there.

You know what Mr Slapper of Butches,

You are absolutely correct. I commend you for your thoughtful and insightful input.

:good!:

War eagle! The reason I root for the SEC is because I want us to remain the premiere league in the country. With the sec winning bowl games we remain the best. That is why we send more players to the nfl and get better recruits. That being said, this year I wouldn't have minded so bad if Al didn't get in cause their s... has gotten old.

Guess I'm still not getting it. So we should not be SEC loyalists but we should be proud of Tennessee's accomplishments. :unsure:

If Tennessee were in the MAC, I would be a Bama fan. :rock:

grouphugg.gif

thats not the 1st question you asked, it was "
For all the "non" SEC loyalists would you still pound your chest and fly your Vols window flags, VFL license plates etc. if UT was in say the MAC,Conference USA or American Athletic Conference "

question 2: of course it wouldnt hold the same weight. Here in East TN we'd prob be big vols fans, but we definitely wouldn't have UT fans from coast to coast like we do now. .....That is like comparing Bowling Green or Cincinnati to Ohio State in terms of conference weight, and then comparing fan bases.

That's the point. The SEC is the best football conference because the teams are damn good, Tennessee is a member. That's a good thing not a negative thing.

I bet your weekend is a mess trying to find good games to watch that are not other SEC teams.

Last edited:

There's a reason why schools WANT to play in better conferences....

Hell, before Bama got knocked off, OSU had been undefeated for 2 years and was on the outside looking in.

It seems like UT fans want to point fingers and blame other schools for our problems instead of realizing the reason we've been struggling is due to leadership at our own school. Not all these others. If winning a national championship is so damaging to others in the conference, how do all these different SEC schools keep doing it?

The bottom line is to be the best, you have to beat the best which means you have to actually play the best. Teams in the SEC prove it year after year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back