All things STOCKS

I assume that they’ll be everywhere in a few years, but I’m trying to get my arms around trillion dollar companies. They’re like 1,000 $1 billion companies, 100 $10B, or 10 $100B companies.

I expect that MSFT, GOOG, AAPL, and AMZN will own the AI space along with NVDA. But all of them are already such large market caps - how much more can they grow?
Yeah I get it, but 100 years ago who could have conceived that the country would have 330 million people? Remember what a big deal the financials made when AAPL hit $1T? Now there are several with that cap.

Reactions: Majors
I assume that they’ll be everywhere in a few years, but I’m trying to get my arms around trillion dollar companies. They’re like 1,000 $1 billion companies, 100 $10B, or 10 $100B companies.

I expect that MSFT, GOOG, AAPL, and AMZN will own the AI space along with NVDA. But all of them are already such large market caps - how much more can they grow?
That’s where I’m at.

You have the China/Taiwan risk but Taiwan Semi has a much more reasonable valuation than AMD, NVDA, etc...

Question for the group.. obviously AI is all the buzz right now, and I’m looking around for investment opportunities. I’ve been holding a few shares of NVDA since ‘22 and picked up some shares from a company named C3.ai - anyone else have some strong convictions on another opportunity?

Question for the group.. obviously AI is all the buzz right now, and I’m looking around for investment opportunities. I’ve been holding a few shares of NVDA since ‘22 and picked up some shares from a company named C3.ai - anyone else have some strong convictions on another opportunity?

I sure wouldn’t want to be too concentrated in just AI. It has a tech/internet bubble feel to some degree.

Healthcare, Financials, and Energy should all do well over various timelines.

The Inflation Reduction Act spending should be accelerating and will stimulate infrastructure and capital goods.

Even holding BND through 2 or 3 rate cuts should be a good 1-2 year holding.

I'll add on that if you're wanting to be in the AI space but spread out your risk across several companies, there some S&P 500 etfs that hold a number of companies that will directly benefit from employing AI or are involved in the advancement/production of AI. SPY and SPYG are two closely related ETF's in terms of holding. Vanguard has some similar as well. Spread out the risk, don't get too concentrated in one sector as @Thunder Good-Oil was stating.

Reactions: UTgrad2015
It is an odyssey. Will be interesting to see who gets out of the EV game. Toyota out, Apple out, Rivian cuts jobs again. Highly capital intensive, high demand and questionable supply on REM's.

It is an odyssey. Will be interesting to see who gets out of the EV game. Toyota out, Apple out, Rivian cuts jobs again. Highly capital intensive, high demand and questionable supply on REM's.

I have to think this does nothing but help Tesla. They have a near monopoly on the market.

Reactions: Go aeiou and Vol737
NVDA over $900 early morning. Remarkable to keep making new highs.
I only own it through a couple of ETFs, but it is the or one of the highest concentrated holdings in both. They’ve performed quite well.

Reactions: Majors
I only own it through a couple of ETFs, but it is the or one of the highest concentrated holdings in both. They’ve performed quite well.
It’s been a fun ride. It’s my largest individual and I anticipate a split coming soon. Jumped in the last split and let it ride.

Reactions: Vol737
It’s been a fun ride. It’s my largest individual and I anticipate a split coming soon. Jumped in the last split and let it ride.
I’ve traded SHOP and APPL lately. Been holding both for a long time, but decided to trade them in a different account on the side. They take a hit and then turn right around and tick back up to where they were within a few weeks. It’s been pretty predictable over the past year.

VN Store

Back