All Things Considered, This Must End

It's too reactionary to say, "the guy is faking". We really don't know. It's all about having a little class. Wait before you cast aspersions

The NCAA has been "exploring options" about how to stop it for years now.

Seems so simple, if you go down, you can't play again until the next series.

But nah, that's way too complicated for the NCAA I guess.
The penalty should be for 10:00 minutes, or to the end of the quarter. Which ever is the longest. Pretty simple to me. And if you are really hurt you would not be coming back during that period anyway.

Reactions: BSAvol
I think booing teams entering the stadium is classless. Use the energy to cheer for your own team. Booing a team entering the stadium shows you are already intimidated by them.

Reactions: GritNGrind1906
Yep. Somehow our fans haven't realized after every quick score a lineman goes down for the Vols on the extra point.
Somehow I had not put that together but had noticed the trend…pretty obvious in hindsight and a reasonable response to the nonsense from other teams. Turns a 2-minute drive into a 4–5 minute drive.

The penalty should be for 10:00 minutes, or to the end of the quarter. Which ever is the longest. Pretty simple to me. And if you are really hurt you would not be coming back during that period anyway.
My preference would be until the end of the current series in which they were "injured".

Well SEC & NCAA can’t figure out how to stop it. So teams that never did it before are starting to use it as a time out tool Josh does it after kicking extra points to give a little more rest for the D. Everybody’s doing now & TV just breaks to a commercial & counts more $$$. It is here to stay. Adjust and move ahead Ole Miss won a game doing it.
Maybe some of the players have NIL deals with the broadcast networks.

We have to let the network get their commercials in sometime. They don't get enough ad time now!!!!!!!
That my biggest complaint. It’s making the games way too long and it’s not extra football we are getting, it’s commercials. I’m sure I’m not the only person who has stopped watching games other than ones UT plays in because of it.

Reactions: Volbrando and Raebo
It's too reactionary to say, "the guy is faking". We really don't know. It's all about having a little class. Wait before you cast aspersions
We had a situation in the first half where it was a 3rd down in the red zone and we were trying to sub a few guys and someone in the middle of our defense went from standing perfectly fine to intentionally sitting down in order to get an injury timeout. The ref pointed at the player and made him go off the field. Very next play South Carolina scored a TD. I thought Heupel should have called a timeout in that situation and allowed the defense to gather themselves before a crucial play. I just laughed that entire sequence because it was so blatantly obvious. It’s gotten out of hand.

We had a situation in the first half where it was a 3rd down in the red zone and we were trying to sub a few guys and someone in the middle of our defense went from standing perfectly fine to intentionally sitting down in order to get an injury timeout. The ref pointed at the player and made him go off the field. Very next play South Carolina scored a TD. I thought Heupel should have called a timeout in that situation and allowed the defense to gather themselves before a crucial play. I just laughed that entire sequence because it was so blatantly obvious. It’s gotten out of hand.
No doubt some are too obvious

Booing anytime an opposing player gets injured. It only affects me as much as I let myself care about it, but that seems like an incredibly tasteless thing to do every single time there is an injury. If the shoe were on the other foot, at least 20% (who make up for 85% of the posts in the board) of you would come on here calling for war against the opposing fan base.

Every injury, cramp, and other need for a player to go down is not the same as Ol' Sh*t-Smirkin Lane.

GBO
Simply tell yourself not to do it!

Yes!! I have being posting this and saying it to all who will listen ( not many and not the right ones as if it would make any difference) If it is a fake, you got him. If it is truly and injury, then the extra time will be to his advantage to have the extra time.

Or player comes out one play without substitute coming in as late ng as Offense doesn’t substitute.

Booing anytime an opposing player gets injured. It only affects me as much as I let myself care about it, but that seems like an incredibly tasteless thing to do every single time there is an injury. If the shoe were on the other foot, at least 20% (who make up for 85% of the posts in the board) of you would come on here calling for war against the opposing fan base.

Every injury, cramp, and other need for a player to go down is not the same as Ol' Sh*t-Smirkin Lane.

GBO
Considering we fake injuries after every fieldgoal. We do indeed need to stop booing.

Reactions: PinnerManning-_-
Everyone is doing it now because the cheaters exploited the system for a long time and took advantage of it. Now cheating is becoming legitimized since no one has stopped it. The cycle continues, and everyone is doing it. There are things the league can do to stop it and they are refusing to address it. All this flopping is worse than watching a freaking soccer game. Cheating should not be accepted.

The player you speak of was Aaron Beasley. I laughed when I saw it live.

Reactions: VolPack22
The player you speak of was Aaron Beasley. I laughed when I saw it live.
Beasley was sent off the field because he lost his helmet. He tried to stay, ref sent him off (we had another player down too) because of the helmet, they jumped, Beasley tried to come back in, they sent him off again.

You also have to quash the 'free' timeout that it gives to a team. Both teams should go to the center of the field, and wait there until the zebras spot the ball and start the clock.

Reactions: tbh
Beasley was sent off the field because he lost his helmet. He tried to stay, ref sent him off (we had another player down too) because of the helmet, they jumped, Beasley tried to come back in, they sent him off again.
Beasley was allowed to come back because of the penalty. Then he sat down on the field because he thought we had too many guys (but we didn't)

Reactions: PinnerManning-_-

I agree. I think that would be the solution. Players would only be down if they were hurt, because they would know that they would have to come out until the next series. I have seen players go down, go to the sideline, stand there waiting until the next play and then go right back in. I don't think the booing should be done because that is totally disrespectful and a low-life action. However, I do think the NCAA must address the problem of coaches telling players to go down when they aren't hurt.

I stop caring as much since we do it too.

We do it after every quick score on extra point. They told hadden to fall down bc we weren't ready.

I'm also not opposed if our fans boo. I'm telling them what to do. If they want to go for it. Might make our home crowd more intidmating.
And I'm glad we do it. If everyone is gonna do it every time we hit a big play then screw it. We should do it like everyone else until they fix the rules

VN Store

Back