All The Vegas "Experts" Picking UF

And rightfully so. We don’t exactly have a stellar track record at the swamp. I want the win, but it’s been disappointing down there.

There are just as many sunshine pumpers/homers.

And there are a lot of us saying "this is a different team with a new QB, why not wait and see before drawing conclusions after two games?".

Listen, I honestly don't give a rat's ass about any line or who is betting what - if you told me right now we could be 10-0 with UGa coming in, and all those wins would not have covered the spread, I'd sign for that in a second.

Yes but they do not now. The only loss in the swamp over the past 20 years we should have absolutely won was 2015. 13 point lead in the 4th quarter. Butch choked miserably.

I’m still pissed off about that game almost a decade later. I remember exactly where I was watching the meltdown. Might be one of my lowest points as a volunteer.

The biggest problem is that our fan base has seen the Vols choke against Florida SOOOOOO many times. Even when Florida has had the most inept coaches known to man, we have pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. It has been (invoking Sir Charles) turrible, just ask Peyton Manning. We are currently coming off of a lackluster performance against a nobody. This game is under the lights at the Swamp. The sky is falling, right? I'm not buying it. Josh Heupel is a winner. He has that killer instinct that the "fired ones" lacked. He will have this team ready to play. I firmly believe our incredible 2022 season was predicated on the Florida win. CJH understands that too. Our men will be ready and we will handle business in the Swamp.

When did he say this? Our most impressive offensive performance in his first year was probably Kentucky at night. Our most impressive defensive performance in his 2nd year was DEFINITELY Kentucky at night and the maybe best overall game last year was Clemson at night.
He said it a couple times last year during press conferences. Believe he used the word "preferred " the earlier times as it makes the team's schedule easier to manage.

I'll cede the points about performance in individual games, but overall he still has more losses at a late kickoff (7pm or later) than earlier kick times.

Listening to the talking heads. He said Utah scored on their first play (75 yards) and then Florida held them 200 yards for the next 59:45

Reactions: TC 83
Listening to the talking heads. He said Utah scored on their first play (75 yards) and then Florida held them 200 yards for the next 59:45
Even that 1st throw TD should have been picked off it the DB hadn't of misjudged it. However, they were playing against a 3rd stringer and I was not impressed with Utah minus Rising. I think UF played better than they are given credit for and most of their wounds were self inflicted. They had multiple penalties on 3rd down and I believe they only scored 3 points on 3 or 4 red zone opportunities. I still like UT to win but that said---if we let UF stay close in 1st half that hope UF has of winning turns into belief.

Last edited:
It's fair to say that Florida played a better 2nd half, but Utah was being conservative with their 3rd down play calling and content to sit on the lead with their backup QB in the game. They didn't believe that Florida's offense was a threat to mount a 2 score comeback and they were right.

Last edited:
A lot of people are low key picking Florida, or at the very least picking Florida to cover.

For whatever reasons, many of which I think this board has argued to death this week, the narrative on Tennessee has turned. Going all the way back to the start of the 2022 season, the narrative has been "you better score often against Tennessee, because they will score on you." That's changed, and it started Monday or Tuesday of this week. There's a growing sentiment of "the offense isn't on track this year," and it's going to take a demonstrative win to shift that narrative back in Tennessee's favor.
Well, it certainly helps if the receivers actually catch the ball, however, sometimes Milton needs to take a little speed off the ball as trying to catch a 230 grain bullet is not easy.

Agree, I don’t think it would have been picked-off, but the safety (#16) basically picked, then tripped-up his own DB. Should have been a catch, then immediate tackle at about the 25 yard line. They may have scored anyway, but #16 blew that play. He’s been pretty much on the bench since.

TN will see this and take several deep shots, I have no doubt.

There were also seasons such as 2002 and 2005, where Tennessee began the season ranked higher, but then proved to be overrated later on.

The Fulmer years are the exception, sure but they are over 20 years ago and had a different regime with Spurrier.

1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2005 Tennessee should have beat Florida, sure. Even then, a lot of those years, the teams were still rather close.

The biggest problem is that our fan base has seen the Vols choke against Florida SOOOOOO many times. Even when Florida has had the most inept coaches known to man, we have pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. It has been (invoking Sir Charles) turrible, just ask Peyton Manning. We are currently coming off of a lackluster performance against a nobody. This game is under the lights at the Swamp. The sky is falling, right? I'm not buying it. Josh Heupel is a winner. He has that killer instinct that the "fired ones" lacked. He will have this team ready to play. I firmly believe our incredible 2022 season was predicated on the Florida win. CJH understands that too. Our men will be ready and we will handle business in the Swamp.

In many ways, Pittsburgh also helped jump start 2022 as well.

Unfortunately i have the same thouhht they do. I’ve seen this movie too many times against that team. Hoping for the best and a Vol win, but i picked UF by three scores.
This is the type of crap that makes me wanna throw up in the floor and roll around in it. Friends ask me why I hate Florida more than Bama. It's this isht right here. That's why.

Unfortunately i have the same thouhht they do. I’ve seen this movie too many times against that team. Hoping for the best and a Vol win, but i picked UF by three scores.
You picked florida by 21?! Other than the "curse" what made you think it would be a blowout by Florida?

VN Store

Back