All-SEC Announced

Yes, she visited for the Arkansas game and had a great time. It was her second unofficial visit.

I don't think either Ododa or Dixon have TN as their top schools, but TN is in contact with both.

DeCosta LOVES Tennessee, and wants to play with Westbrook AND Diamond.

Balogun, IMO, will be the next to commit.

DeCosta wouldn't play with Diamond unless Diamond gets a 6th year because she is in the 2018 class

I saw you corrected it so ignore this Raider

Last edited:
Maybe Diamond stays...that gal loves Tennessee...and she still would be the top draft pick in the next WNBA draft...so...has she promised recruits that she is staying...and one final year with T'ea Cooper...Hey...I'm thinking she stays...doesn't need the money...family has dough...Diamond will be wearing Orange next year...fingers crossed and rubbing my favorite rabbit's foot!

I have my doubts as to whether Diamond stays. There's really nothing in it for her.

Thanks Chris: agree and hope we can get a big from somewhere! Don't tell Amb3096 about Ododa and Dixon... he/she thinks Holly should concentrate on them even if they have little interest! And the others you mentioned won't come because we have too many at their positions???

Balogun is a favorite of mine. Reminds me of MeMe but she has an offense.

Could you imagine in a few years? KK and Collins, Davis, DeCosta, and Westbrook....talk about a big line up! Average of 6'2" 🙏

I would love to have either Ododa and Dixon (or both) but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't land either. Collins can play some 5 if need be (kind of like ND uses Turner) and we would have KK who would more than likely be the starter there when the 2018 class would hit campus (unless Harris develops tremendously as she would be a junior) and we could still have Green (she would have the option to go pro after next season but I see her staying both years even if she has a dominant first season in the SEC).

Our focus really should be the local kids at Hamiltion Heights there is a farm system there and there are a lot of pieces coming out there that imo we should have first dibs on. The 6'6" girl and Treasure Hunt should be visited every game (if allowed) and should be shown how much we wont the 2 of them.

I would love to have either Ododa and Dixon (or both) but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't land either. Collins can play some 5 if need be (kind of like ND uses Turner) and we would have KK who would more than likely be the starter there when the 2018 class would hit campus (unless Harris develops tremendously as she would be a junior) and we could still have Green (she would have the option to go pro after next season but I see her staying both years even if she has a dominant first season in the SEC).

Our focus really should be the local kids at Hamiltion Heights there is a farm system there and there are a lot of pieces coming out there that imo we should have first dibs on. The 6'6" girl and Treasure Hunt should be visited every game (if allowed) and should be shown how much we wont the 2 of them.

Tennessee has gotten burned several years in a row by not having post depth to provide insurance against injuries. I still think that has to be a priority for them in the class if there is a quality post player, whether Ododa/Dixon/other, that they have a legit shot at landing.

I have my doubts as to whether Diamond stays. There's really nothing in it for her.

Let's see...If I was in DD's head....

Earn at the most 72K for potentially the worst team in the WNBA and then have to go directly overseas to get paid. And you have to do this every year, unless you can afford not to.

Or, return for a year of hardly any classes, to a newly energized team, with the top recruiting class in the nation and take a shot at the thing she doesn't have yet, the NCAA Natty. (This year notwithstanding)

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee has gotten burned several years in a row by not having post depth to provide insurance against injuries. I still think that has to be a priority for them in the class if there is a quality post player, whether Ododa/Dixon/other, that they have a legit shot at landing.

I would agree normally but with the constant trend of transfers and being able to sign graduate players who can play immediately you don't have to necessarily go for the top post talent. There is also the JUCO ranks as well (which Coach Reeves has had a lot of success grabbing talent from at her previous stops)

There are a lot of teams these past couple of seasons who have loaded up on post and are still loading (Baylor, Louisville, Texas, and Maryland just to name a few who are loaded in the post, not everyone can play there at the same time)

Let's see...If I was in DD's head....

Earn at the most 72K for potentially the worst team in the WNBA and then have to go directly overseas to get paid. And you have to do this every year, unless you can afford not to.

Or, return for a year of hardly any classes, to a newly energized team, with the top recruiting class in the nation and take a shot at the thing she doesn't have yet, the NCAA Natty. (This year notwithstanding)

If she graduates this year, then she would have to enroll in grad school, right? So wouldn't she have to carry a full course load?

Given Holly's track record of underachieving and the fact that UConn will have a completed loaded team next season with Geno at the helm, I think that UConn goes into next season as a heavy, heavy favorite to win another NC. I'm not sure the pro-ball scenario is worse by comparison. If she's the top pick, she can make some decent coin with endorsements. Plus, SA has a good foundation and she could be the difference in them becoming a playoff team. Moriah Jefferson, Kayla McBride, Diamond, and Izzy Harrison would be a core group, and they still have the #5 draft pick to get a low post player. Plus, there's the overall satisfaction with just moving on in life.

Time will tell, I suppose.

I would agree normally but with the constant trend of transfers and being able to sign graduate players who can play immediately you don't have to necessarily go for the top post talent. There is also the JUCO ranks as well (which Coach Reeves has had a lot of success grabbing talent from at her previous stops)

There are a lot of teams these past couple of seasons who have loaded up on post and are still loading (Baylor, Louisville, Texas, and Maryland just to name a few who are loaded in the post, not everyone can play there at the same time)

I'm actually surprised that Baylor was able to manage their post rotation as well as they did. They graduate Nina Davis and Khadijah Cave this year, so next year will just be Cox, Mompremier and Brown in the post rotation, which will allow all three of them to get lots of minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
If she graduates this year, then she would have to enroll in grad school, right? So wouldn't she have to carry a full course load?

Given Holly's track record of underachieving and the fact that UConn will have a completed loaded team next season with Geno at the helm, I think that UConn goes into next season as a heavy, heavy favorite to win another NC. I'm not sure the pro-ball scenario is worse by comparison. If she's the top pick, she can make some decent coin with endorsements. Plus, SA has a good foundation and she could be the difference in them becoming a playoff team. Moriah Jefferson, Kayla McBride, Diamond, and Izzy Harrison would be a core group, and they still have the #5 draft pick to get a low post player. Plus, there's the overall satisfaction with just moving on in life.

Time will tell, I suppose.

You give me this class, as it is now, with the two KNOWN future departures and I have no reason to fear any team.
ANY team!
Geno isn't that unique, he's an AAU type coach who coaches college. He plays every game as if it is pool play or round robin (,,point differentials matter) and knows how to instill the "win or go home" mentality of the "end weekend-tourney" playoffs. He has the mentality that he can train ANY player he chooses, to be great. He feels can develop a player to be better than you can "find-and-finish" one.

But isn't that how a coach is supposed to feel.!

You are dead on..... I would seriously consider any player from that program! The coach (Hunt) runs a good program and obviously knows what she is doing. In 2020 Treasure and Carodosa will be ready and they already have multiple offers as freshmen.

You give me this class, as it is now, with the two KNOWN future departures and I have no reason to fear any team.
ANY team!
Geno isn't that unique, he's an AAU type coach who coaches college. He plays every game as if it is pool play or round robin (,,point differentials matter) and knows how to instill the "win or go home" mentality of the "end weekend-tourney" playoffs. He has the mentality that he can train ANY player he chooses, to be great. He feels can develop a player to be better than you can "find-and-finish" one.

But isn't that how a coach is supposed to feel.!

Of course Geno is unique. He's hands down the best coach in the game at the present moment. If he was inheriting this team, then I have no doubt that he could lead them to a NC. But he's not their coach; Holly is. And she has yet to be able to get any consistency out of them. They look horrible against Florida, then rout MSU on the road. Who knows what they'll do in the SECT or NCAAT. They could get to the final, or they could flame out early.

Until Holly gets consistency out of this team, and it's yet to be determined if she can, I wouldn't put money on them unless I was prepared to lose it.

there is a problem with depth at many positions,i would like CHW to pick up a few project players to have a deeper bench,because now a few injuries really hurt and at times they look tiered,the so called big 3 have put in a lot of minutes this year

and it won't get any better during Tournament play

Of course Geno is unique. He's hands down the best coach in the game at the present moment. If he was inheriting this team, then I have no doubt that he could lead them to a NC. But he's not their coach; Holly is. And she has yet to be able to get any consistency out of them. They look horrible against Florida, then rout MSU on the road. Who knows what they'll do in the SECT or NCAAT. They could get to the final, or they could flame out early.

Until Holly gets consistency out of this team, and it's yet to be determined if she can, I wouldn't put money on them unless I was prepared to lose it.

Not arguing he's the best, right now....I'm just assessing why he's ahead of everyone else

VN Store

Back