All I want for Christmas is

A new shiny coach to come to UT and at his press conference say "first thing I gotta do is knock this Brick wall down that somebody tried to build with cow manure for mortar.

Victory over Nebraska a week later.

No more Butch cliches. Actions not words!

A top 5 recruiting class in Feb and stealing a few from Saban and locking down Tennessee.

Take the fight to Saban! Go Vols! Beat Bama every day and every way!

You must not have gotten to his press conference they held today just yet. You'll be disappointed to say the least.

Wishful thinking on your part huh?

Nope hope im wrong all day. Just logic man. I know it's difficult for people to understand because fans seem to think that these kids could have the same love for the team that you have, but the dont. For highly touted kids, its more of a business decision than it was a decade or so ago where some pick a school for love of the school.

Smith has his pick of any school he wants. He has one chance to get it right. So do you choose a school were both coaches have proven to develop talent at the highest of national stages or go to a school that has underachieved and you dont know who the coach or OC is going to be next year?

Again, hope im wrong guess we will see tomorrow

Reactions: 1 person
I want Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss Ohio State and Clemson to get the NCAA Death Penalty!

Theoretically, that will give us a chance in recruiting.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

Sure, but I do have a hard time understanding people you think being realistic is mean.

Look, I hope this kid comes to Tennessee and is a great player. Ive been nothing but supportive of the players on this team. Take a look back at my post after the USC game where I got hammered constantly for showing support for Dobbs and others. From my understanding, this kids has never been a huge Tennessee fan. (You should know I have no social media accounts that allow me to awkwardly stalk high school kids). That along with other factors ive states in this thread and the logical decision is Ohio St or Alabama, over Tennessee. Which is my opinion of where he will go and I cant blame him.
As a Tennessee fan, I hope he comes to Tennessee and I can get on here and celebrate and be the first to admit I was wrong. But unlike many sun shine pumping Tennessee fans, I still have the ability to think objectively.
I am a Tennessee homer in all sports (Vols, Grizz, Pred) but I get asked for my opinion on sports often at work.and by friends. The reason why is because I can remain objective regardless of my fanhood.

Nope hope im wrong all day. Just logic man. I know it's difficult for people to understand because fans seem to think that these kids could have the same love for the team that you have, but the dont. For highly touted kids, its more of a business decision than it was a decade or so ago where some pick a school for love of the school.

Smith has his pick of any school he wants. He has one chance to get it right. So do you choose a school were both coaches have proven to develop talent at the highest of national stages or go to a school that has underachieved and you dont know who the coach or OC is going to be next year?

Believe it or not, elite recruits have different situations and mindsets. He's instate, has a sister in the athletic department and an overwhelming majority of recruiting analysts thinks he picks us. I'm sure "logic" discredits all of that though.

Believe it or not, elite recruits have different situations and mindsets. He's instate, has a sister in the athletic department and an overwhelming majority of recruiting analysts thinks he picks us. I'm sure "logic" discredits all of that though.

Your first and second statements dont make sense when said together. Unless he has tils "recruiting analysts" something, their logic is as good as mine. Smith is on record as saying he grew up an Alabama fan. Alabama is the obvious choice if he wants to be developed, Tennessee is a crap shoot on his development. IMO, if he chooses Tennessee tomorrow, we just outbid Alabama and Ohio. And how convenient that his sister was offered a job at Tennessee.
So I dont need to."discredit" anyones opinion. I simply state mine. Hope im wrong, we will see tomorrow.

Your first and second statements dont make sense when said together. Unless he has tils "recruiting analysts" something, their logic is as good as mine. Smith is on record as saying he grew up an Alabama fan. Alabama is the obvious choice if he wants to be developed, Tennessee is a crap shoot on his development. IMO, if he chooses Tennessee tomorrow, we just outbid Alabama and Ohio. And how convenient that his sister was offered a job at Tennessee.
So I dont need to."discredit" anyones opinion. I simply state mine. Hope im wrong, we will see tomorrow.
My first two statements were meant to illustrate his unique situation and how some of it favors us. You're ignoring key details in his recruitment so you can apply your gloom and doom,cookie cutter approach in which elite recruits must make business decisions that are best for their futures. I don't disagree that he'd likely develop better at Alabama, but that's not the only factor he's considering.

Smith will be a VOL, and you will be wrong. GBO!!!!!

Sure, but I do have a hard time understanding people you think being realistic is mean.

Look, I hope this kid comes to Tennessee and is a great player. Ive been nothing but supportive of the players on this team. Take a look back at my post after the USC game where I got hammered constantly for showing support for Dobbs and others. From my understanding, this kids has never been a huge Tennessee fan. (You should know I have no social media accounts that allow me to awkwardly stalk high school kids). That along with other factors ive states in this thread and the logical decision is Ohio St or Alabama, over Tennessee. Which is my opinion of where he will go and I cant blame him.
As a Tennessee fan, I hope he comes to Tennessee and I can get on here and celebrate and be the first to admit I was wrong. But unlike many sun shine pumping Tennessee fans, I still have the ability to think objectively.
I am a Tennessee homer in all sports (Vols, Grizz, Pred) but I get asked for my opinion on sports often at work.and by friends. The reason why is because I can remain objective regardless of my fanhood.
That's a good way to put it. We as UT fans will get a slight preview of our future due to Smith's commitment good or bad. For instance is CBJ blowing more smoke up our azz. And nothing is on paper anyway. Bad thing is if he does go with UT it fuels the hype train once again for next year. Objectively, I didn't buy into this year and damn sure won't next year. CBJ isolated himself from this fanbase and ain't but one way for us to get behind him; work his butt off and win every game. At least 3 of the wisest men I've ever known told me, "work with your head first before you use your body." My point ? CBJ may not possess the mental fortitude to build a team that can compete consistently in the SEC. UT fans need that special someone and they are not patient.

Last edited:
Butch Jones is not the program.. Careful there internet tough guy.

is part of the program though slick even if you are not happy about it... I understand taking a shot or two, I do it myself, but to just keep on piling on the same crap day after day like Wylo and Vol30 and others is pathetic IMHO

I just say what alot of people are thinking but their orange tinted glasses wont let them believe, sorry if you dont like it.

You're just a BAMA troll now. You seem to be the only one thinking he won't declare for TN tomorrow, well you ant that mouse in your pocket....

You're just a BAMA troll now. You seem to be the only one thinking he won't declare for TN tomorrow, well you ant that mouse in your pocket....

Except for those people that agrees with me on here, bama troll? Lol thats funny. Anyone that says something you dont agree with a troll? I hope the kid comes to Tennessee, but I dont think he will. And when I say if he is smart, he wont...that shouldnt be a knock on me as a fan but rather the a knock on the ability of the coaching staff to develop him into a good nfl prospect.

is part of the program though slick even if you are not happy about it... I understand taking a shot or two, I do it myself, but to just keep on piling on the same crap day after day like Wylo and Vol30 and others is pathetic IMHO

My God man, he lost to Vandy with the Sugar Bowl right there for the taking. He lost to a terrible USC team.

The biggest letdown has to be the 2017 recruiting class. Filled with way too many 3 stars. Getting Smith will help tremendously, but he needs 5 or 6 more like him to save the class

Slick..? I don't. You apparently don't read enough, not that i care all that much though..

VN Store

Back