Alexis Johnson's Accuser added to Civil Suit?

lawyer tweeted she didn't want to prosecute...Now that she joined the suit, does she want to prosecute or not. That was not made clear. It should make a big difference as far as accused is concerned. Like no criminal charges????? Rejoin team and get popcorn and watch????

How can life altering charges be made, without intent to prosecute, but sue for damages???

THIS NEEDS A THREAD OF ITS OWN

I agree. This is a national problem that UT is addressing. Hart encouraged for any others to step foward, the topic is sexual assault is way past overdue of being discussed on a national platform.

I think you missed my point. This is not about "true" sexual assault. This is a take over agenda.

Reactions: 1 person
It actually weakens the case. She's in the suit, but everything was handled by KPD.

One legal pundit said Manning should not be stricken from the record as it makes the suit appear to have less merit. Plaintiffs' counsel messed in his own pants by not properly vetting Naughright's "issues"

Agreed. This suit got much weaker.

Spoke with an attorney in Nashville yesterday who offered his opinion that 100% without a doubt this is a money grab. Then went on to offer his opinion from a legal standpoint...much of which I didn't understand of course....but this topic got him talking and he wouldn't stop....

After talking to a professional, I personally feel much better about the situation as a whole.

We were talking business, completely unrelated to this obviously, and when he finshied.....I asked may I ask your opinion about something? He said sure....so I did...and he wouldn't stop talking about it....

Will not disclose his name....

This crap makes it open season on ut football players. Hard to experience college when every girl you're alone with could be the next "victim" in this money grab. If there is an actual victim in this ordeal I feel bad for them BC this is a three ringed circus.

I feel bad for Alexis. There is the real possibility he did nothing wrong here and could possibly have his pursuit of playing football (his possible career) severely altered.

Colleges are beginning to reap what they have sewn with this victim mentality.

Reactions: 4 people
So, let me get this right.....

The latest alleged victim in Knoxville from within the last couple of weeks who was supposedly physically assaulted and possibly sexually assaulted is refusing to move forward and press charges criminally has entered the civil side of this lawsuit?

Wow! Just wow! There HAS to be repercussions available to the named defendants. Has to be...if not, this is a travesty towards any resemblance of a justice system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I have now gone from being totally supportive of the girl in the Alexis Johnson incident to being very suspicious of her claims. She doesn't want to press charges, but she joins the big high-profile lawsuit in the hopes that the University will just compensate her monetarily so she'll go away.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if several more girls came forward with allegations. This is a feeding frenzy.

4OVLKQc.gif

I don't really understand how this new accuser can be added. How can it be proven that the UTAD didn't handle it properly when it just happened?

bOCA vOL ASKS:

I don't really understand how this new accuser can be added. How can it be proven that the UTAD didn't handle it properly when it just happened?

add: ACCUSED WAS IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED FROM THE TEAM. AND IT WAS A KNOXVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT DEAL IF I READ IT RIGHT

bOCA vOL ASKS:

add: ACCUSED WAS IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED FROM THE TEAM. AND IT WAS A KNOXVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT DEAL IF I READ IT RIGHT

But if the lawsuit is about the culture that exists within the UTAD and how they handle situations like this it's a bit too soon to say whether or not the UTAD handled this situation appropriately.

I would say they have to this point.

Top5vols ASKS:

Can I join the suit? Mental anguish after the Florida lost. Felt violated.

THE ANSWER IS THIS:

While you do not have standing to join this suit (thats a lawyer term) there is nothing on this earth to prevent you from bringing a new suit against the University of Tennessee for anything you can sell your attorney on. If you can sell your attorney on bringing suit and pay him, I guarantee you can file a suit tomorrow! And you can allege anything you want. All these present plaintiffs had to pay was a $400 filing fee, (now that comes to $50 apiece) and presto, there you have it!

We can make a fortune they said.

Sounds better than working. Lets go sue somebody!

bOCA vOL ASKS:

Just to correct this, it's not that the AD didn't handle it properly. It's that the University didn't handle it properly. The area of the Venn Diagram where the AD and the University cross in this case is determining if the AD is greasing wheels and/or pushing buttons in the University administration to ensure that these cases aren't handled properly.

In this Alexis Johnson one, though, there wasn't even any time for the University to act out its required steps regarding a sexual assault claim.

I'm guessing the lawyer(s) leading this charge wanted to add her to the list of plaintiffs more to give credence to the notion that there is a culture of Sexual Assault and less to argue that the Administration didn't handle the case properly.

Last edited:
Just to correct this, it's not that the AD didn't handle it properly. It's that the University didn't handle it properly. The area of the Venn Diagram where the AD and the University cross in this case is determining if the AD is greasing wheels and/or pushing buttons in the University administration to ensure that these cases aren't handled properly.

In this Alexis Johnson one, though, there wasn't even any time for the University to act out its required steps regarding a sexual assault claim.

I'm guessing the lawyer(s) leading this charge wanted to add her to the list of plaintiffs more to give credence to the notion that there is a culture of Sexual Assault and less to argue that the Administration didn't handle the case properly.

You're correct. Thank for the correction. It's not just the athletic dept. but the university as a whole. :good!:

imagine how much worse UT would look in the case if people on here had there way with the AJ and Von cases and they were not suspended from the team because of "innocent until proven guilty"

How bush league is that, the victim doesn't want to prosecute but wants to get in the civil case. It just happened, hell no don't settle this is a money grab ploy that has nothing to do with sexual assault. Go obliterate them in court.

Hell yea!!!

Maybe we get a bunch of Tennessee Alum Attorneys to file suit against the attorney(s) that are filing suit and keep them tied up in court for the next 50 years.:)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back