Alex Poythress

I'll defer to Daniel Orton on this one...ask him...he is proof that any dumbass can play BB and academics at the same time. He knows something that I dont.

I'll defer to Daniel Orton on this one...ask him...he is proof that any dumbass can play BB and academics at the same time. He knows something that I dont.

I feel sorry for you if Daniel Orton knows something... anything that you don't know. lol

I feel sorry for you if Daniel Orton knows something... anything that you don't know. lol

I knew the guy personally and honestly...he was one the stupidest people i knew off the court. God only knows how much UK paid those tutors.

I knew the guy personally and honestly...he was one the stupidest people i knew off the court. God only knows how much UK paid those tutors.

Well he killed UK's GPA when he stopped going to class...there aren't many people on a team and when one guy quits on school the whole team's GPA takes a nose-dive

Well he killed UK's GPA when he stopped going to class...there aren't many people on a team and when one guy quits on school the whole team's GPA takes a nose-dive

And that's what happens when you recruit athletes, not student athletes. I hate to say it but you're gonna run into that problem with the guys you bring in once in awhile. They go the first half, seasons over draft stocks high enough they just quit going, if you don't ever want to finish your degree, and are just concerned about the NBA, what's their motive to finish the school year?

It's a rule id like to see tweaked IMO, something that makes them get the grades the second semester, or they're not eligible for draft maybe?

Actually I'd just prefer it be like baseball, you can go pro out of hs but if you go to college you must go 3 years. I'd like to see that implemented but that's just my opinion.

that's just my opinion.

I agree with 100% of what you said.

To add to what you said, fans can usually tell who was raised by good parents, Brandon Knight was the valedictorian if his high school and carried a 4.0 while at UK...then you have guys like Daniel Orton who give up...I don't care that you're stupid, I do care that you give up.

However, as you said that’s a part of it when you recruit athlete above student.

I have a lot of respect for guys (at any school) who leave to make money and come back to finish their education. I’m sure there are lots of UT examples – I just don’t know any of them.

And I would LOVE the MLB rule – if for nothing else it would allow me to get to know my team better year-to-year…it sucks getting attached to a group only to never see them again.

I agree with 100% of what you said.

To add to what you said, fans can usually tell who was raised by good parents, Brandon Knight was the valedictorian if his high school and carried a 4.0 while at UK...then you have guys like Daniel Orton who give up...I don't care that you're stupid, I do care that you give up.

However, as you said that’s a part of it when you recruit athlete above student.

I have a lot of respect for guys (at any school) who leave to make money and come back to finish their education. I’m sure there are lots of UT examples – I just don’t know any of them.

And I would LOVE the MLB rule – if for nothing else it would allow me to get to know my team better year-to-year…it sucks getting attached to a group only to never see them again.

Personally I think MLB rule is great for everyone if it happened. If guys like wall and Davis wanna go pro they can, and are probably capable. As you said uk fans will actually learn last names before guys are gone, and it'll force kids to be students not just athletes.

I also think it evens the field somewhat as a lot of these ridiculously good players, wall and Davis for example, won't be on opposing college teams.

Id really like to see it implemented.

Tobais Harris came back to take classes during the lockout IIRC. We don't have too many players leave early, so you really have to reach for the next example. lol

VN Store

Back