Alex Golesh

Send in your resume. They're always looking for that next "diamond in the rough."
True, but they are looking for who understand that bigger, stronger, and faster players usually win football games. We need bigger, better, and faster football players who will play with the attitude of our current players, and coaches. Those players are currently being recruited by our coaches. Our players are giving their guts for our University.

Reactions: m1al
True, but they are looking for who understand that bigger, stronger, and faster players usually win football games. We need bigger, better, and faster football players who will play with the attitude of our current players, and coaches. Those players are currently being recruited by our coaches. Our players are giving their guts for our University.
The staff did more than expected with less this year. Did we hit some speed bumps, of course, but I can live with that as long as we keep building and getting better.

Time management, play calling, motivating players to NOT go to sleep in the 2nd Qtr after scorching the opponent in the 1st Qtr, QB to hold on to the ball (Hooker got LUCKY a couple/few times), O-Line to be less Cheerleader and MORE Punisher...

you need more?

I wonder do all fanbases have segments that are intent in cannibalizing the program?

The offense just set and tied records for the season and the bowl game and there are armchair guys complaining about the offensive staff.

Did they call a perfect game ? Of course not but perfectly called games dont happen. But pretending this staff isnt capable is embarrassingly ridiculous.

Golesh will look a lot smarter when we find a big, strong, durable running back and solve the issues on the right side of our OL.
I will say I don't understand why you would put our smallest RB in on 4th & Goal. Should've put Whitehead in.

Reactions: TAF
I will say I don't understand why you would put our smallest RB in on 4th & Goal. Should've put Whitehead in.
Whitehead runs softer than wright even though he outweighs him by 35 lbs. That’s why he never gets on the field. Hopefully they bring in a larger back that can actually contribute in the off-season.

Small may have been injured. Whitehead evidently hasn’t shown much to warrant playing in the most critical play of the game.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Leave should've out of it. What you meant to say was " while watching the game and drinking my last wine cooler I would have put Whitehead in on 4th and goal".

TAF,Does your post mean that you believe that you are worth a.lot less than what you are getting paid?Possibly,you need to keep.That to yourself.

I'm not saying it was the best called game or they didn't make a few questionable decisions throughout the year.This is big boy ball,most these coaches have never exp what it's like to play a game like we did at Ole Miss.Then u add in all the bs that has sourrounded the program,loss of players all that has to be taken into consideration.I like to think the coaches are just dipping their toes in the water,and hopefully next year we don't see the same things.Who knows,I just believe they deserve a pass on all the little nit picky sh*t we like to do around here.
This is exactly right. 70 scholarship players 10 or so which were walk ons. A bunch of leftovers, unwanteds, and never had contributed a meaningful snap yet roster. Players that had to gel on the fly as a unit especially on offense with flip flopping 2 new QBs in a new system ran at a high speed. Not to mention how rancid of an infection left on the program mentally from Pruitt. Look at the product they put out on the field.

Reminds me of Ole Miss Kiffin’s first season. When you go into season #2 with a QB as good as Hooker like Kiffin had in Corral…life ain’t all bad.

Year 2 Corral’s Heisman campaign (Before Bowl):
260 CMP 380 ATT 68.4 CMP%
3339 PASSING YDS 20 TDS 4 INT 157.5 RTG
145 RUSH ATT 597 RUSH YDS 4.1 AVG 11 TDS

Year 1 Hooker’s 1st Season (Including Bowl):
206 CMP 302 ATT 68.2 CMP%
2945 PASSING YDS 31 TDS 3 INT 182.0 RTG
160 RUSH ATT 620 RUSH YDS 3.7 AVG 5 TDS

There is plenty to build on when you have an Elite QB at the helm. Amazing how quickly so many forget how bad it was and still could be.

Time management, play calling, motivating players to NOT go to sleep in the 2nd Qtr after scorching the opponent in the 1st Qtr, QB to hold on to the ball (Hooker got LUCKY a couple/few times), O-Line to be less Cheerleader and MORE Punisher...

you need more?
lol. What a tool man

you need more?
So all that ^ , less maybe time management directly related and improves with , wait for it

better players!!
Hope you and a hundred more armchair coaches learn that!

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
This is exactly right. 70 scholarship players 10 or so which were walk ons. A bunch of leftovers, unwanteds, and never had contributed a meaningful snap yet roster. Players that had to gel on the fly as a unit especially on offense with flip flopping 2 new QBs in a new system ran at a high speed. Not to mention how rancid of an infection left on the program mentally from Pruitt. Look at the product they put out on the field.

Reminds me of Ole Miss Kiffin’s first season. When you go into season #2 with a QB as good as Hooker like Kiffin had in Corral…life ain’t all bad.

Year 2 Corral’s Heisman campaign (Before Bowl):
260 CMP 380 ATT 68.4 CMP%
3339 PASSING YDS 20 TDS 4 INT 157.5 RTG
145 RUSH ATT 597 RUSH YDS 4.1 AVG 11 TDS

Year 1 Hooker’s 1st Season (Including Bowl):
206 CMP 302 ATT 68.2 CMP%
2945 PASSING YDS 31 TDS 3 INT 182.0 RTG
160 RUSH ATT 620 RUSH YDS 3.7 AVG 5 TDS

There is plenty to build on when you have an Elite QB at the helm. Amazing how quickly so many forget how bad it was and still could be.
What about our super seniors? I noticed you didn't mention them. You don't think players like Velus Jones, Javonta Payton, Theo Jackson contributed?? We had about 30 players a game that didnt see the field.

Who are the 10 walk ons that earned scholarships?

I don't think anyone is calling for coaches to get fired on either side of the ball. It's fair and valid to say that the game displayed some coaching issues that need to improve. Play-calling, tempo, clock management, short yardage calls on offense weren't great. Defensive backs obviously need help. We didn't hire a head coach or coordinators that are finished products by any means. I think they've proven more than capable of growth.

VN Store

Back