Alabama school suggests canned goods as defense against attackers...

I choose the biological weapon canned good option:

719Oo-E2jnL._SX425_.jpg

I think I'll stock up on these for when isis attacks us.

Reactions: 1 person
My sons were both in school (pre-k and 3rd grade) when Columbine happened. As a parent you think your worry will ease once your kids are out of school. And then you have grandchildren.

So just to be clear for everyone, the school district does ALICE training (ALICE - Alert, lockdown, inform, counter, and evacuate), which is designed to deal with active shooters. In the training they emphasize that during the "counter" portion, which only happens if the shooter has broken into your sanctuary, instead of just laying under your desk, you should do anything and everything you can to fight back. They tell the kids to throw anything they can get their hands on, books, staplers, etc, and then run. In the training they mention that if the class had recently had a canned food drive that the kids could throw those--just as an example.

Unfortunately, then a Middle School Principal sent a letter home asking for canned foods for that purpose. In other words, the training is good and is being used all over the country. But, the Principal took part of it and made it stupid.

VN Store

Back