Alabama - 1 penalty 5 yards

I agree, I just watched a recording of the entire incident and am left flabbergasted. Hopefully the replay the refs saw showed more than was shown on the public broadcast. Bc if not, it’s completely ridiculous
If there’s not something more definitive than what they showed on the replay, heads need to roll. The other returner’s hands never got above about waist high.

If there’s not something more definitive than what they showed on the replay, heads need to roll. The other returner’s hands never got above about waist high.
Yep, and I’m not big on blaming the refs, but this looks very odd to say the least! That mixed with Bama only getting the 1 penalty does seem a bit fishy.

Again, I always trend to the side that defends the refs, but this could possibly warrant further investigation.

I didn't at first but they showed it later on. It's not the traditional wave like a punt, instead they hold their arms out to the side at a 45 degree angle. Dee Williams definitely made that signal.

The refs sucked tonight no question but that one unfortunately was legit.

Disagree

They hold all the time and they also get no PI calls when they do something worse than we did yet they call PI on us. I’m tired of the biased refs. It’s one thing if they call the game down the middle or if TN would ever have a big game where the calls go our way, but we never do

Get these geriatric idiots off the field and replace them with younger guys, or better yet just call the game using technology instead of relying on these ancient relics
I have said multiple times, I won’t blame them for a loss when they’re calling is equally bad for both teams, but when it’s blatantly one sided that pisses me off to no end!

We lost because we gave up 27 straight points. If we hadn't choked inside the 10-yard line twice in the 1st half it probably wouldn't have mattered. We had some truly awful calls in USCjr/TAMU that directly affected the score. There was only 1 egregious no-call in today's game and it was the hold on Baron.

There was a missed holding call on (castles) one of those inside the red zone possession those types of calls/no calls don't even out when it's not called on both teams. But your 27 straight points take is spot on.

It wasn't even a penalty. The play should have continued. But if it had, it would have been bad news for Bama so they called it..
The quarterback was moving forward towards the center/line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped, it should have been called illegal procedure instead of illegal snap. That's the only reason besides the refs just suck I could come up with when they blew it dead. oh and yes, those refs sucked.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
Let’s be honest… it was a red anticipating something, blowing his whistle early, then figuring out how to justify it.

Football has descended into making calls based on a "fair catch" by a player who had no chance to field the ball. LMAO.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol

VN Store

Back