'19 AL CB Jaydon Hill

247 sure bumped his rating way up. He visited Bama last weekend, but I haven't heard anything regarding his visit. I'm wondering if Bama is going to offer him soon.

bama probably offered him, he committed on the spot, and 247 has his article written about his commitment already, which is why he got a big bump.

there's a few guys that could fall in that category...think we'll see any over the weekend or next week?

Pruitt doesn't strike me as a coordinate commitments for buzz type of guy like Butch so I doubt it happens like that. But I could see a couple kids deciding on their own to make the jump this weekend.

Reactions: 3 people
Pruitt doesn't strike me as a coordinate commitments for buzz type of guy like Butch so I doubt it happens like that. But I could see a couple kids deciding on their own to make the jump this weekend.

i don't think he is either. it's more just for me and my well being.:)

5 Visitors to watch at Tennessee's Spring Game

CB Jaydon Hill

Hill, a four-star prospect from Bob Jones High School in Madison, Ala., picked up an offer from Tennessee on March 30 after visiting the Vols in early March. He now appears to be a legitimate option for Tennessee at cornerback, of the Vols’ biggest needs. Hill recently referred to South Carolina as his leader. But the Tennessee offer was a big deal to him, and the Vols are in his top three, along with the Gamecocks and Mississippi State. They now look like the team with the best chance of overtaking South Carolina, and an impressive visit this weekend would help Tennessee’s cause.

-Callahan

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
From SEC Country:

Tennessee didn’t sign a cornerback in the 2018 class, which makes it one of the most important positions in the 2019 cycle for the Vols.

Tennessee has positioned itself well for 4-star Madison, Ala., native Jaydon Hill. The Vols offered him at the end of March and have been in regular contact. This recruitment looks like it’ll come down between the Vols and South Carolina.

“To me, right now, they are on the same level,” Hill told SEC Country. “They are both, basically, 50/50 right now. They both are standing out the most.

“Actually, South Carolina gets a tad bit more edge because they are recruiting me a little bit harder. I hear from their coaches a little bit more. I talk to Coach [Travaris Robinson] about every day, and I talk to Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt and [Terry] Fair often, but it’s not as often.”

This is an extreme position of need. If this comes down to South Carolina putting in more effort than that’s a problem. Hill is moving up the recruiting rankings, he was a 3-star a month ago. It’d be very wise for Fair to push a little harder.

Hill plans to attend the Orange and White game this weekend, so the Vols have an opportunity to overtake the Gamecocks. It’ll be his first visit to Knoxville since picking up the Tennessee offer.

Tennessee will push the need for cornerbacks and the possibility of early playing time. It will also emphasize how Fair played in the NFL for six years. Pruitt also has a track record of putting defensive backs into the NFL which is something Hill is looking for from a coaching staff.

“That’s kind of an important thing to me, really,” Hill said. “Being coached by experienced coaches. Coach Fair was a past player at Tennessee and Coach T-Rob has coached a lot of first rounders.”

The 6-foot, 172-pound Hill is a great talent who could get a call from Alabama later in the recruiting process. Tennessee needs to take advantage of the momentum from this weekend and start pursuing him as much as South Carolina. Losing out on this talent by being outworked shouldn’t happen. The Vols are right there for his recruitment, though.

Reactions: 1 person
the four-star junior cornerback from bob jones high school in madison, ala., told 247sports’ john garcia jr. On sunday that tennessee and south carolina are his “top two right now” following his visit saturday for the vols’ spring-ending orange and white game. “ut and south carolina are tit-for-tat,” hill told garcia during sunday’s under armour all-america camp at roswell high school.

“i felt the love, a lot of fan love," said hill, who’s ranked by 247sports as the no. 127 overall prospect and no. 12 cornerback in the 2019 class. “it was real nice, the love there.” hill said he spoke with pruitt again during the visit, and pruitt reiterated “just what he said last time — (they) like me, and they want me to come to ut.” during the visit, hill also got to take another look at tennessee’s facilities, and he said he spent time with some of the vols’ current players, including fellow north alabama natives will ignont and maurese smith.

"after the game, there was a meet-and-greet and you could hang with the players and all that,” said hill, who now holds offers from more than 30 schools. “they’re like brothers to me,” hill added, referring to ignont and smith. “they want me to come to ut. I’ve known will since about his sophomore year in high school. We’re pretty close. We talk every now and then. I’m close with them, and i’m close with kendall randolph from alabama, a.j. (harris) from ole miss.”

hill said pruitt is the first thing that comes to mind when he thinks about tennessee, while south carolina coach will muschamp and defensive coordinator travaris robinson come to mind when he thinks of the gamecocks. “i like t-rob,” hill said, referring to robinson.

Earlier this month, hill told govols247 that he will “be committing before the season.” he said sunday that he’s planning to visit “either lsu or texas a&m” next. The aggies gave him his latest offer on wednesday. “i plan on (taking) both of those visits sometime soon,” hill said, referring to lsu and texas a&m.

Reactions: 4 people
Probably commit to us over the summer and get a Bama offer in the eleventh hour.

giphy.gif

Sure, go to Bama. By your sophomore season, there will probably be a regime change. Saban will be 70 then and he isn’t coaching forever.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure, go to Bama. By your sophomore season, there will probably be a regime change. Saban will be 70 then and he isn’t coaching forever.

However long it takes him to get 2 more Natty's. That's rumored to be his end game. He needs 1 more to have the most ever and 2 more to pass Bryant for most while coach at Ala.

However long it takes him to get 2 more Natty's. That's rumored to be his end game. He needs 1 more to have the most ever and 2 more to pass Bryant for most while coach at Ala.

34026.jpg

Here is a 30 pack give him three and tell him to take a hike.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back