AJ Suspension Effect?

Yes, I agree!!! The crowd was the loudest I can ever remember in the 10 games I've been to, including the 2010 Oregon game. I know my ears were ringing all night. The fans were really into it so I'm not sure what this guy was seeing. I was at the Kentucky game the week before in the same section with more people around and I thought it was loud, but not even 1/8th as loud as Saturday night.

I have been to games in the past that left my ears ringing until Monday. Some sections may have been loud, but overall I was disappointed.

I think Mack Crowder being out had a huge effect on the offense.

His absence may have hurt more than AJ.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Mack Crowder being out had a huge effect on the offense.

His absence may have hurt more than AJ.

Agree! Wiseman was in over his head. He got worked. In a year or two Robertson, Coleman and Wiseman will be the three Wise Men!

I think there was just too much distraction in knox last week. Had an effect on the Vols as a whole. This includes the offense and the defense IMO

Yes, I agree!!! The crowd was the loudest I can ever remember in the 10 games I've been to, including the 2010 Oregon game. I know my ears were ringing all night. The fans were really into it so I'm not sure what this guy was seeing. I was at the Kentucky game the week before in the same section with more people around and I thought it was loud, but not even 1/8th as loud as Saturday night.

Co-signed from section E

Reactions: 1 person
I think there was just too much distraction in knox last week. Had an effect on the Vols as a whole. This includes the offense and the defense IMO

This. AJ didn't play offense, but the strain of last week had an obvious effect on the team. Basically, it killed the momentum we had coming out of the KY and SC victories.

I thought the defense did a decent job without him. I blame the loss on the O-line

Blame them all you want. Missouri made enough mistakes that just were not taken full advantage of. The ability to play inspired was sucked out of the Vols.

Bottom line is there were plays on defense that would have been shut down had AJ been out there. His absence not only as a player, but as a motivator was at least a 14 point swing. The early betting line was set before the suspensions were announced. A decent job? Maybe. Extra mistakes made because their leader was missing? Obvious. Enough to change the outcome? I say yes. And if I say anymore, I will lose my lunch.

It hurt all 3 phases. People want to say well what about the offense? Truth be told it affected the team. The offense and special teams feeds off the energy of the rest of their brothers...

I can't speak of the crowd because I watched it on tv but the team didn't seem to have as much emotion and passion as they usually do. AJ is the heart and soul of this team and brings that passion to all parts of it

VN Store

Back