AJ Johnson Accused of Sexual Assault

No kidding. This is completely repulsive. Even *IF* the woman had reason to believe that the man wanted sex, that does not commit her to having sex with him when they get there. Going home with him isn't a contract. Unbelievable.

Rape is Never justified, rationalized, accepted, nor tolerated. End of story.

That being said, there are several components to this incident which contribute to possible various versions of what occurred. Jumping to a verdict of guilt is repulsive as well.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the hardest part of all of this for vol fans is that if you asked us to name the biggest leader and VFL on the current team, most would immediately reply AJ. These kind of allegations turn that around, and that's tough.

There's never an excuse for a rape, and it's never the woman's fault. But I'd still advise to all of them to be smart.

True, there are always two sides to this though. We don't know if the woman has falsely reported this. Maybe she got mad at the players and decided to report this. But we dont know. We have no idea what happened. It could have happened. I hope it didn't.

Thanks for your input. Mostly it's us guys on these forums and the feelings of women in this situation are very important.

I'm certainly not offering an assessment that the victim's claim isn't serious, I'm just saying something doesn't hold water here IMO, and at the center of that opinion is the way in which the victim's friend, if she is a friend, handled the situation.

Edit: the feelings/opinions of women on all these topics are always important!

You're very welcome.

As I mentioned in a previous post...IF these girls were taken against their will...IOW...they said NO/STOP....then throw the book at these young men. As football players of a D1 school, I just can't see them having to force themselves on a female to get laid.

Speaking as a female....I KNOW how vindictive girls/women can be. I can see them being 'star struck' by any attention these guys paid them. I can also see them crying 'foul' once they realized they were just the flavor of the day.

RAPE is a serious accusation....and even if there wasn't one here....the damage is already been done to these young men.

:twocents:

Reactions: 4 people
I think the hardest part of all of this for vol fans is that if you asked us to name the biggest leader and VFL on the current team, most would immediately reply AJ. These kind of allegations turn that around, and that's tough.

It's just sad all the way around. On and off the field.

We moved into a new house last year so I subscribed to an email service that would notify me of anyone arrested within my zip code. I did it so that I would have an idea of anything I would need to know about to feel safe. Turns out that a few months later a bill was passed making the service, and others like it, illegal for exactly the reasons you describe. I'm not sure if the law only applies to GA or if it is a nation wide thing. I'm sorry that happened to your wife but hopefully some of this is beginning to be resolved.

Around here there are these newspapers that sit on the counter at every convenience store that show the mug shot of every person arrested in the area. People eat them up. It makes me sad every time I see one, but I admit that part of me wants to look.

I find it hard to wrap my mind around a society that prides itself on the right to privacy and then fetishises voyeurism.

Reactions: 2 people
You're very welcome.

As I mentioned in a previous post...IF these girls were taken against their will...IOW...they said NO/STOP....then throw the book at these young men. As football players of a D1 school, I just can't see them having to force themselves on a female to get laid.

Speaking as a female....I KNOW how vindictive girls/women can be. I can see them being 'star struck' by any attention these guys paid them. I can also see them crying 'foul' once they realized they were just the flavor of the day.

RAPE is a serious accusation....and even if there wasn't one here....the damage is already been done to these young men.

:twocents:

Ugh. Another amazing generalization about all women, and another post spending more time worrying about the affects on the possible rapist than on the impacts on the life of the person who might have been raped. This thread needs to be nuked.

Ugh. Another amazing generalization about all women, and another post spending more time worrying about the affects on the possible rapist than on the impacts on the life of the person who might have been raped. This thread needs to be nuked.

She is a woman.

Reactions: 1 person
If true, it certainly does not appear to have affected our play.
It is not as if we were big favorites who laid an egg. We were supposed to lose but led in the fourth quarter.

Note: this was a reply to the random post about the team allegedly partying before the 2007 SEC CG. I tried to quote that post. Perhaps it was deleted.

Last edited:
Wow, we are so lucky you decided to start posting. Bad taste joke about rape allegations. What a start!

Who pissed in your Cheerios? It was a joke. This whole board has been negative ever since it headlined. There isn't anything we can do about it so why stress over it.

This is called a forum, it consists of different opinions.

As far as I can tell, most opinions expressed in this thread are very sensitive to the victim. And no one is condoning rape. There are "possible" gaps in the reported facts of the incident of which folks have an opinion. So be it.

Why is that so hard to understand way up there on that horse you're sitting on?

Reactions: 9 people
Well my goodness, she can't possible be wrong in her negative generalization of her entire sex then, can she?

you need to just be quiet until more info comes out because you are having trouble handling the scenarios people are discussing, while you appear to already have them convicted of "rape" because you have posted the word a dozen times. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't like posting that word and wonder why the hell someone would post it so often.

Reactions: 7 people
That doesn't make generalizations okay

Its a point of view for christs sake. As humans we make generalizations ALL THE TIME. Opinions are based on a set of generalizations through experiences in life or presented facts that varies person to person. So yes. They are ok.

What color is corn when you imagine it? Yellow? Why yellow? Not all corn is yellow. How dare you generalize corn.

Reactions: 7 people
Come on, Mods. This is getting ridiculous again.

You gave us Hiroshima last night. Go ahead with Nagasaki today.

363676_nuke.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
you need to just be quiet until more info comes out because you are having trouble handling the scenarios people are discussing, while you appear to already have them convicted of "rape" because you have posted the word a dozen times. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't like posting that word and wonder why the hell someone would post it so often.

Turam is as pissed as I am that someone had the gall to blame real victims. As I said in an earlier post, it's too early to assault the character of any of those involved in this situation.

Its a point of view for christs sake. As humans we make generalizations ALL THE TIME. Opinions are based on a set of generalizations through experiences in life or presented facts that varies person to person. So yes. They are ok.

What color is corn when you imagine it? Yellow? Why yellow? Not all corn is yellow. How dare you generalize corn.

Then give your own opinion instead of speaking for everyone of your gender.

I am in college now and at my college there have been 4 alleged rapes, 2 of them had student athletes as suspects, but due to the lack of evidence they could not convict them. Unless there is substantial evidence, there is nothing that can really happen.

I'll ask again;

To the best of our knowledge are the kids involved, both accused and alleged victim, still on campus and attending classes?

VN Store

Back