Air-It-Out Competition

Worley will be fine. I really think he will lock it down this season, no problem. He showed flashes of consistency last year. Just gotta stay healthy.

I didn't see much consistently at all. The GA game he didn't play well the first half but did the second half when GA was running out of starters. He played good the first half of SCe and did nothing the second half outside of North saving him twice. He doesn't have to win us games, just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. When he got hurt he led the sec in interceptions and was lucky not to have atleast 4 more int's.

Reactions: 2 people
Worley does good in a competition and VolNation immediately "I've always liked Justin". Season starts he throws a boneheaded interception and VolNation goes "Justin needs to sit out, where's Fergy when you need him?"

Last edited:
Worley does good in a competition and VolNation immediately "I've always liked Justin". Season starts he throws a boneheaded interception and VolNation goes "Justin needs to sit out, where's Fergy when you need him?"

Not the same people saying those two different things. :shades:

arm isn't the problem. Despite what others say, it hasn't. Confidence, releasing on time and stepping into throws have been Worley's issues.

To use a quick comparison to golf just for fun, if you play, you know when you don't have confidence and don't let it rip with confidence that you will not play well and the ball will go nowhere and will spray.
Your best rounds and distance will be when you aren't thinking, confidence is high and you are releasing the club on time.

I've been hunting crow all weekend and have a freezer full. All Worley doubters please PM me with your home address and I will gleefully send your personal crow to eat after JW balls out this season.

Remember he and Dobbs went to California and trained with guru. I can only believe they received excellent skills training and both seem to be hard workers. Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
Remember he and Dobbs went to California and trained with guru. I can only believe they received excellent skills training and both seem to be hard workers. Go Vols

Between Worley and Dobbs, I'm not as concerned with our QB play this year. One of them will be solid for us.

I really feel like Worley would have been an all-sec QB and a draft pick if he would have had a small amount of coaching consistency.

If he would have had the same QB coach/OC the entire time he was here..We would not be having a QB battle right now.

That's a pretty bold statement but I can somewhat agree with it. It just seems to be that he lacked the confidence last year which could have been the result of previous piss poor coaching. It seems he has the ability, it just hasn't translated to the field yet.

arm isn't the problem. Despite what others say, it hasn't. Confidence, releasing on time and stepping into throws have been Worley's issues.

To use a quick comparison to golf just for fun, if you play, you know when you don't have confidence and don't let it rip with confidence that you will not play well and the ball will go nowhere and will spray.
Your best rounds and distance will be when you aren't thinking, confidence is high and you are releasing the club on time.

Sounds familiar...Jon Crompton

Hope he has a similar SR year

I hope whoever the QB is has a great yr. But it is different throwing at golfcarts and targets than having 300 lineman running straight at you and having less than 2 seconds to make a correct read then complete it. I hope like hell the QB guru that worked with Worley and Dobbs helped them to become better QB's. Guys getting open wasn't the problem for Worley. He had guys running open downfield often and either couldn't get it to them or wasn't accurate enough to complete it to them.With good QB play we should have a pretty good offense.
I'm pretty sure if 300 lineman were chasing Worley on the feild that would be some kind of penalty

Worley has been through a lot since joining the Vols. First off, he had to play his first two years under Doofus, then was injured a good portion of last year while trying to learn a whole new scheme. He is a quality qb that has an above average arm. For all the talk of Bray two years ago, when they pulled him in the Vandy game after a horrible performance, I remember they had the radar on the throws and Worley came in and his throws were actually faster than Brays.
I did notice that in the competition at Nichols that they were throwing to golf carts? If our receivers can ride in golf carts then we may be on to something. Kidding, I think that Worley will prove the doubters wrong and is certainly not the worst qb in the league by a long shot.
Also, I look for this offensive line to surprise a lot of people. Some of these guys have had the opportunity to sit back and get tougher and stronger under Butch, while learning the schemes.It's going to pay off.:dance2:

How soon kids forget. I saw some outstanding deep passes on his back foot and saw him run for downs several times last year. With ZERO mistakes. Love Worley. He can beat bam a too. I saw it the year before.

IMHO, if Worley can have a traditional QB at Alabama type game (no 50 yard bombs, no need to scramble for 35 yards on 3rd 3, etc.), but just...

a) hit 5-10 yard passes into the flat
b) dump it to the safety valve FB for a swing pass
c) hit the RB for a screen pass
d) run 2-3 times a game for 4-5 yards to get a first down on 2nd and short (to keep the LBs honest)

We'll be fine. He doesn't need Heisman type numbers to get us to a bowl game and to a level of respectability we haven't seen since Obama was campaigning for the state house in Illinois

VN Store

Back