Oline will be largely unchanged next year also. Make or break year for the oline coach. Another year will help I do imagine it's why he started the 2 freshman whether it hurt us this year or not.

I think I know what you are saying, that it will be mostly the same faces ... but I would NOT say "largely unchanged." They will be significantly changed.

It's a huge leap from trying to start in the trenches in the SEC as a true freshman, as T.Coleman and Robertson have done, versus having a full offseason in the program to bulk up, not to mention going thru spring practice with a bunch of tough lessons under their belts. Raulerson can also contribute next year, after bulking up some. Don't forget: we haven't even seen Blair; doesn't mean he sucks, just that they have tried to red-shirt him, as they were trying to do with Dobbs. Even the Crowders, Kerbysons, Weismans, Sanders, Kendricks and M. Jacksons should be wiser and stronger next year than they were this year.

And, we just may have a healthy C. Mosley to add to the line this coming spring or summer.

And 3 out of 4 of the current OL commits are EE's I believe -- sure they would be like the freshmen that I am making excuses for their youth, but you never know when you might get one diamond in the rough who can beat out older guys, at least get in the 2-deep. But I have listed 9 guys above who will NOT be true freshmen. Nine, each of whom should be expected to be improved in 2015 over what they were in 2014.

And we are not done recruiting; might could land another JUCO or 5-star yet, who knows.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I think our OL will be MUCH changed next year (and the young TEs should be bigger and stronger as well).

Last edited:
Young teams can and do win. The problem is that you cannot have an OL as limited as this one with young talent.. no matter how good that talent actually is.

UT's OL problem isn't really youth... or at least hasn't been until Crowder's injury. You had a 5th year player at one OT, a 4th year player at the other, a 4th year player at C, a 3rd year player at OG, and a true Fr at the other OG.

Age... ain't the problem with the OL.

Agree. Any chance we get some help next year?

I would love to have age added to our avatar. It would help me calm down with some of the post when you realize they are only 15 and have the right to live in moms basement.

good point; then you have on the other end of the pendulum, all those Carls who are still pickin' at old scabs and can't open pea sized brains enough for new information.

My thing with the o line is size.. I didn't realize how small those guys looked. That big tackle that came in for Mizzou just ate there lunch. We have gotta to get bigger in the of season, our nutritionist needs to add some beans and taters to the lineman's menu

VN Store

Back