After Maui??

We're young and for the most part it looks like we can hang in there with more talented teams, it just looks like we're giving up too much size right now. Frustrating at times but I've seen improvement with Alexander and Fulk has shocked me with how early he's contributing. With another year under his belt and 10-15 lbs of lean muscle he's going to be really solid. I read the comments about Fulk needing 20-25 more lbs and I cringe because I don't think his game would benefit from bulk as much as it would with some lean muscle. I like his quickness and I think it's a strength.

Fulkerson may be the steal of the recruiting class. He has shown improvement every game and the more he plays the better he plays.
At this point, Bone, Fulkerson, Bowden, Williams and even Lamonte Turner have exceeded my expectations. Bowden is the 3pt threat we desperately needed (he's like already as talented as Baulkman, but younger.

Fulkerson plays like a damn horse. That dude is everywhere lol. Bone is our playmaker. Williams does the small stuff you don't see on a stat line (young Armani, less athletic).

And Turner IMHO, is undervalued by our fanbase so far. He is tenacious defender and he created a lot of turnovers by playing the passing lanes.

I mean. Literally. I like all of freshmen. The one I left out was Kwe. He's done good so far, but he doesn't know his role/position yet.

Still in need of quality BIGS. Fulkerson looks impressive, but needs another 15/20lbs on his frame. If Stokes and perhaps another quality BIG comes on board next season we should see an improved team, but I don't see Barnes ever getting his team any further than middle of the pack in the SEC. This season will be a struggle with all the Freshman. The learning curve for them might be entertaining to watch, but the losses might be greater.
So You have no faith in Barnes?

isn't it more about the youth factor?
We've seen flashes of what to expect in the future, but very inconsistent. that's just what youth brings you.
Now with the loss of Bone it makes it even more difficult.

isn't it more about the youth factor?
We've seen flashes of what to expect in the future, but very inconsistent. that's just what youth brings you.
Now with the loss of Bone it makes it even more difficult.

That's what I think also. Youth always comes up short against experience unless your super one and done guys. And then that still doesn't guarantee titles. I'm so sick of guys saying Barnes can't recruit or coach. This guy still has a lot to offer these young players. I'm very happy with our coach. We will be competing next year and beyond.

One combination I was thinking about as I watched the Maui Tournament would be to have Fulkerson and Alexander in the lineup at the same time to give UT shotblocking and rebounding. I like Mostella as the 6th man option and Phillips as the backup point guard to Parker while Hubbs plays at the 2 spot.

One combination I was thinking about as I watched the Maui Tournament would be to have Fulkerson and Alexander in the lineup at the same time to give UT shotblocking and rebounding. I like Mostella as the 6th man option and Phillips as the backup point guard to Parker while Hubbs plays at the 2 spot.

So you have Turner not playing?

By your lineup:

Parker/Phillips
Hubbs/Mostella

A little better than originally. The freshmen are showing the ability to compete earlier than I expected.

Wouldn't say I don't have faith in him, just believe his better coaching days may be behind him. Hoping I am wrong. There may be a reason why TX let him go. From a UT perspective we're hoping there's a resurgence in Barnes. He has to recruit better each year. So far his recruitment is like that of a mid major.

I forgot about Turner and would have him as the backup to Parker.
???

Did you get a chance to watch any of the Maui games? Turner has proven his worth with his knact for defensive pressure. A few of his forced turnovers really put us in a better position to win.

???

Did you get a chance to watch any of the Maui games? Turner has proven his worth with his knact for defensive pressure. A few of his forced turnovers really put us in a better position to win.

His scoring also kept us in the Oregon game late

Shows that this team can compete with better teams in the SEC. Wouldn't be surprised to see an upset over Florida, SC, or some team of that caliber this season

VN Store

Back