ABC, ESPN, and ESPN 2 2006 College Football Commentators

He finally failed the mandatory ESPN speed speech test part of the broadcaster physical. Tough break.

(tidwell @ Jul 25 said:
He finally failed the mandatory ESPN speed speech test part of the broadcaster physical. Tough break.

Now that is freeking hilarious :bow:

(ukvols @ Jul 25 said:
What happened to Bill Curry?

I think he is still doing some analyst work, but he also just accepted a position as the Director of Leadership or something to that effect at a Prep school near Chattanooga.

(GAVol @ Jul 25 said:
I think he is still doing some analyst work, but he also just accepted a position as the Director of Leadership or something to that effect at a Prep school near Chattanooga.

So that's why he was in Chattanooga. Not too long ago, VN had a link to a local tv story that quoted him.

To me, Ron Franklin IS the voice of Saturday night college football. I hate to see him move over to the ESPN 2. I always thought that was something that ESPN has done well over the years. The saturday night game.

(VolinArizona @ Jul 25 said:
I will forever hate Bob Davie for continually pronouncing Clausen as:

Clow-zen

In retrospect he should have called him "Clown-zen". :biggrin2:

(GAVol @ Jul 25 said:

Baylor. Eric Westmoreland is going to be an assistant coach there, too.

(rockydoc @ Jul 25 said:
In retrospect he should have called him "Clown-zen". :biggrin2:
Not that night. He was a savior that night... :aggressive:

Come on guys, you know hearing Bob Davie say the word "football"
never gets old. Of course, his enthusiasm in pronouncing it may be his only saving grace. I swear, I laugh at that man constantly

I dont know 'bout yall, but i like watching ANY game with Erin Andrews on the sideline!!!!! :wub: :boobies:

hey!! another Jake....just what this board needs.....glad to have you here.....

I like Rod Gilmore (but not that doofus with him) on the Friday night games. Those games are usually so goofy with mid-major teams that they deserve someone as off-the-wall as Gilmore.

(ukvols @ Jul 25 said:
What happened to Bill Curry?

The Producers finally realized that his announcing qualities almost equalled his Head Coaching successes while at Kentucky.

At least we don't have Suzy Kolber to contend with at any point...let's at least look on the bright side.

It's a shame to have ol' Brent get dragged down by Bob Davie...in case his voice and shocking lack of knowledge aren't bad enough, the fact that he lapses into "head coach mode" several times a game makes it worse. "Well, um, maybe if they had done what I said they should have seven plays ago they'd still have a drive going instead of punting". As if Bob Davie has any room to question someone else's playcalling.

:(
(brg72 @ Jul 25 said:
ESPN College Football Saturday Primetime-*Mike Patrick,&Todd Blackledge,^ Holly Rowe

isn't he the guy that did CBS games with Verne Lunquist? If so, who will CBS get?

I wonder who will be doing the CBS broadcast with ole Vern, now that T Blackledge has moved to ESPN?

(gallavol @ Jul 29 said:
I wonder who will be doing the CBS broadcast with ole Vern, now that T Blackledge has moved to ESPN?

that's what I was wondering. They were my favorite tag team :(

maybe that black guy that is on the halftime report on CBS....can't remember his name :huh:

Mark May and Craig James are the absolute worse football commentators out there. I think I'd rather hear Fran Drescher talk than to hear either one of those two.

VN Store

Back