Aaron Murray

volfanCLT

Well-Hung Member
Leaves the UK game with left knee injury. Couldn't put weight on it as he left the field.

who the hell cursed us this year.. so many injuries.. oh sounds like horrible news for Aaron Murray. Someone from the hospital he went to get his MRI at said it's a torn ACL for him. I hope it's not true.

His mom apparently posted on social media that he tore his ACL. Surgery will be needed.

Aaron Murray has actually had one of the most gut wrenching careers I can think of. He's basically UGA's Peyton. Amazing stats but couldn't ever win the big one. Now his NFL career might be in jeopardy.

When they showed the play during our halftime highlights, I thought it looked like a dirty play by UK. But, it was in slow motion, so it may have looked different in full speed.
It looked like the UK player got to Murray after the ball was away and wrapped him up tightly and drove him into the ground with force. It looked like it should have been clear to the UK player that the ball was gone before he drove Murray down.

Georgia coaches are taking a lot of heat for not pulling him after he was first injured.

Damn. Great player. Sucks it has to end like this.

One of the best never to win a NC. Did he even win a SECCG? Sad for him.

Can't blame the coaches. Murray was one of the toughest QB's I have seen play college ball. Just a shame the way it ended for him.

Agreed. I respected him more every time I watched him. Kid was a gamer and a grinder. Him and Connor Shaw are two of a kind, IMO. Solid, hardworking, blue-collar players you can't help but want to root for.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't blame the coaches. Murray was one of the toughest QB's I have seen play college ball. Just a shame the way it ended for him.

he tore the acl during his 24 yard run. instead of going out of bounds he made a move inside and that's when he heard it pop, but he didn't want to leave so he stayed in and then threw a touchdown with a torn acl.. after he threw the td you could see him being very angry as if he knew something was wrong, but wasn't going to tell anyone. that last late hit where he was drilled into the ground just finished him off. he did not do anymore damage to his knee since it was a clean acl tear and due to not having any swelling he will have surgery as you know on Tuesday.

I like Murray. Best of luck to him. Hope he recovers quickly

That really sucks. I just read what happened and it makes me sick to my stomach. i hate it for the guy.

About a year to rehab from that injury. He was looking at a second to fourth round pick at qb. Those guys usually have to make team as the backup qb and most teams only keep two. So he is basically only limited for a team that is willing to use a draft pick on a guy that spends his first year on IR. This will be a very expensive ACL for him. Hope he bought some insurance on his draft stock.

Looked like a dirty late hit - Not as bad as the ones he took from Fairley as a freshman but it was dirty.

About a year to rehab from that injury. He was looking at a second to fourth round pick at qb. Those guys usually have to make team as the backup qb and most teams only keep two. So he is basically only limited for a team that is willing to use a draft pick on a guy that spends his first year on IR. This will be a very expensive ACL for him. Hope he bought some insurance on his draft stock.

If high ranking juniors didnt learn from Lattimore last season -- get insurance - I would bet Clowney and Manziel did.

Most teams want him to sit and watch for a yr.....if a team likes him then it will have no effect on them taking him.....may drop a few spots but not much.

It's really easy to say, "Oh he should have sat out a year".

These players play because they're talented competitive athletes. I'm not collegiate athlete but I look forward to every chance I have to play sports. I'm sure it's the same (on a different level obviously) for them. They love the game, so they'll risk injury an play.

Reminds me of that Louisville running back that broke his leg vs UK when he came back another year.

Most teams want him to sit and watch for a yr.....if a team likes him then it will have no effect on them taking him.....may drop a few spots but not much.

Sure that is the plan but with limited roster space on nfl teams they are expecting him to also fill the role of backup qb. Since he can't that limits what teams can feel comfortable taking him.

VN Store

Back