A Thread For The Coaching Search Family!

P-3's? I stood a couple of Quarterdeck watches that made me love my pea-coat.

My wife and I were talking about Jax the other day and we came to the conclusion that the big thing we miss about Jax is the fresh seafood.

P2A's. I was in during Nam. I miss a lot of things about Jax ( especially seafood and Florida girls ) , but I'm happy here.

AK3. Went to boot camp at Great Lakes, spent almost a year in Millington ( just outside of Memphis ) for AK school, then spent my time between Jax and the Med.

Cool, my dad was an AT and my wife was a PR. I was the only black shoe in the family LOL.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Damn... we suck at basketball and football!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Damn... we suck at basketball and football!!!!!

If you came up with that on your own, I'm gonna say you have pretty good observation skills.

I was switching between the BBall game and the Daytona testing this afternoon. When it got down to the last five minutes of the game, I started thinking " now how are we going to manage to lose this one". I know now. I bleed Orange but just don't have much faith in the programs at this point.

If you came up with that on your own, I'm gonna say you have pretty good observation skills.

I was switching between the BBall game and the Daytona testing this afternoon. When it got down to the last five minutes of the game, I started thinking " now how are we going to manage to lose this one". I know now. I bleed Orange but just don't have much faith in the programs at this point.

I hate labels but guess you could call me a negavol right now

Morning Coasty

Morning Gman.

Morning Coasty.

I may be a negavol right now, not sure. I just know my confidence in the program is at an all time low. I can't imagine ever pulling for anyone else though, just not in me.

Edit: I guess I need to see the Football team pull an upset and not lose to anyone they're supposed to beat. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really think Dooley and his lack of discipline brought this on with me. You could tell the players didn't respect him.

Last edited:
Morning Steve,

Not a negavol but I have very little faith in our Bball and football coaches ability to return us to even decent. I prefer to use the term realist myself.

Morning Steve,

Not a negavol but I have very little faith in our Bball and football coaches ability to return us to even decent. I prefer to use the term realist myself.

Realist would probably fit me right now. Coach Jones needs to land a couple of top notch recruits then show that he can coach football. Tennessee fans need some results right now, and I'm not sure that can happen.

Bball team is on a downward spiral. They've got talent, just not well coached. But then I couldn't coach first graders in bball so what do I know.

You feeling better, Gman?

Realist would probably fit me right now. Coach Jones needs to land a couple of top notch recruits then show that he can coach football. Tennessee fans need some results right now, and I'm not sure that can happen.

Bball team is on a downward spiral. They've got talent, just not well coached. But then I couldn't coach first graders in bball so what do I know.

You feeling better, Gman?

I think Butch is a step above Dooley but we needed to make a bigger step if we wanted to return to power. It is funny how coaches like Saban, Kelly, Shaw, Miles, Spurrier etc etc do not require the fan bases to make excuses for. To me that says you don't have the right coach.

My health is getting better, still not 100% but I am in much better shape than what I was in.

Did John Fox of the Broncos remind anyone of Fulmer in his last couple of years with the Vols? Thirty one seconds and two time outs remaining, Peyton at QB and he has him take a knee? All Peyton had to do was get them in field goal range. :confused:

Did John Fox of the Broncos remind anyone of Fulmer in his last couple of years with the Vols? Thirty one seconds and two time outs remaining, Peyton at QB and he has him take a knee? All Peyton had to do was get them in field goal range. :confused:

His game decision cost him the opportunity to advance imo. The fear of loss was greater than the fear of gain in that situation.

I think Butch is a step above Dooley but we needed to make a bigger step if we wanted to return to power. It is funny how coaches like Saban, Kelly, Shaw, Miles, Spurrier etc etc do not require the fan bases to make excuses for. To me that says you don't have the right coach.

My health is getting better, still not 100% but I am in much better shape than what I was in.

I agree that he is probably a step up, but he's going to be under pressure early. The fan base is here, just need something to believe in.

I'm HOPING that Coach Jones having his assistants who know his system will make a big difference. If he can get the players to buy in, they may be ok. I'm FEARFUL that they're all over their heads in the SEC.

Good to hear about your health. Hang in there and it will continue to improve.

I think Butch is going to have a hard time recruiting where we need to be when you factor all the household name coaches in this conference alone. I hope his coaches are good at teaching fundamentals and getting players to buy in to their system. If this staff can show those things it will help in recruiting and success should be better than with Doofus.

Thank you Steve for asking about my health, feels good to be able to get around again.

I think Butch is going to have a hard time recruiting where we need to be when you factor all the household name coaches in this conference alone. I hope his coaches are good at teaching fundamentals and getting players to buy in to their system. If this staff can show those things it will help in recruiting and success should be better than with Doofus.

Thank you Steve for asking about my health, feels good to be able to get around again.

Excellent viewpoint on the fundamentals. I keep thinking about the Georgia game when we had them on their heels in the last drive and were running the ball at will. Then either Doofus or Bray ( personally glad to see both gone ) decided to overthink it and called time out. Gave the dogs a chance to catch their breath and organize their defense. Game over. Could have changed the whole season without that time out.

I've been there on the health issue a couple of times. You get up feeling so good you think you're well, then the next day you get up feeling about twice as good as you did yesterday and so on. Takes a while to recover when you've been really sick.

Excellent viewpoint on the fundamentals. I keep thinking about the Georgia game when we had them on their heels in the last drive and were running the ball at will. Then either Doofus or Bray ( personally glad to see both gone ) decided to overthink it and called time out. Gave the dogs a chance to catch their breath and organize their defense. Game over. Could have changed the whole season without that time out.

I've been there on the health issue a couple of times. You get up feeling so good you think you're well, then the next day you get up feeling about twice as good as you did yesterday and so on. Takes a while to recover when you've been really sick.

If Jones knows how to use timeouts and knows when to press the issue it will be a step forward over Doofus, if he can make halftime adjustments that work we will even be better off.

I've had a few set backs but nothing major, strength and stamina are my biggest things to overcome.

VN Store

Back