A Thread For The Coaching Search Family!

I didn't mean it like this was the thread of eternal butt hurt at all. Just addressing the ones that still are.

I knew that you did not think we are butt hurt, especially coming from you Doyle...

I just wanted to address this issue for others who venture in this thread and that is how they address us as the "Butt Hurt" crew from the Gruden thread

tumblr_lubu5wh4He1qd6k8fo1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Appreciate Doyle posting that. We may never know what really happened, but things point to there being something to all this Gruden talk.

I don't know if what I posted is actual fact or not but it made sense to me. Think about it. Why in the week following Dooley's firing was Hart doing absolutely nothing? Then almost in a frenzy, he was interviewing coaches like crazy? To me it seems like Gruden backed out on the deal at the last minute. Then throw in the fact that the guy who posted this is throwing names out left and right. It just makes me go hmmm.

Like you, I don't think we will ever know exactly how it went but it would be a shame to lay all the blame on Hart if it went down the way this guy says it did.

Who hell knows?

I don't know if what I posted is actual fact or not but it made sense to me. Think about it. Why in the week following Dooley's firing was Hart doing absolutely nothing? Then almost in a frenzy, he was interviewing coaches like crazy? To me it seems like Gruden backed out on the deal at the last minute. Then throw in the fact that the guy who posted this is throwing names out left and right. It just makes me go hmmm.

Like you, I don't think we will ever know exactly how it went but it would be a shame to lay all the blame on Hart if it went down the way this guy says it did.

Who hell knows?

I am like you Doyle... Not sure if true (who knows) but it does stand to reason...we have a long way to go to even get close to the elite of the SEC

But thanks for POSTING it... a good read :hi:

I am like you Doyle... Not sure if true (who knows) but it does stand to reason...we have a long way to go to even get close to the elite of the SEC

But thanks for POSTING it... a good read :hi:

Indeed a mountain to climb.
All we can do is hope we have the man to lead the way.
So, at least for now, full Butch!

There's only 1 thing I'm sure about.

Vols Betches!!

I'm like VM14, ready for the full-on recruiting push, and something positive to lead us toward spring practice. That way we can run around begging and praying for no injuries and such. It's never boring to be a Vol.

There's only 1 thing I'm sure about.

Vols Betches!!

I'm like VM14, ready for the full-on recruiting push, and something positive to lead us toward spring practice. That way we can run around begging and praying for no injuries and such. It's never boring to be a Vol.

Ima try and get positive and try to stay that way. Haven't read off the charts good things about Butch but haven't read bad things either. Most if not all experts like the hire, just say he's not the home run hire the fans wanted and we need to be patient. I'm actually excited about the offense he runs and believe Peterman is gonna be the guy to run it. Not sure about our defense or DC but seem to have some good assistants on the D side so hopefully it'll improve. No way it can be worse. No big expectations so after two 5-7 seasons, a bowl game will be a good first year imo. Just ready to watch my Vols play some damn football!!

Who hell knows?

Says it all imo!

Ima try and get positive and try to stay that way. Haven't read off the charts good things about Butch but haven't read bad things either. Most if not all experts like the hire, just say he's not the home run hire the fans wanted and we need to be patient. I'm actually excited about the offense he runs and believe Peterman is gonna be the guy to run it. Not sure about our defense or DC but seem to have some good assistants on the D side so hopefully it'll improve. No way it can be worse. No big expectations so after two 5-7 seasons, a bowl game will be a good first year imo. Just ready to watch my Vols play some damn football!!

Going back to 4-3 calms me a little. Cincinnati had a pretty decent defense, although that really doesn't mean anything here at Tennessee/SEC.

I like the way Jones has warmed up to the Ex-Vols and "family". It's definitely a different era...

Indeed a mountain to climb.
All we can do is hope we have the man to lead the way.
So, at least for now, full Butch!

It's kind like I tell my wife you may not be a trophy wife, but at this point you are all I got...ha ha ha :lolabove:

*****By the way if I want to remind her of this I will do it myself ha ha ha :hi:

Just looked it up. Cincinnati was ranked 12th nationally in points allowed. Consider that for a Big East team. Impressive if you ask me.( go ahead, ask me)

Going back to 4-3 calms me a little. Cincinnati had a pretty decent defense, although that really doesn't mean anything here at Tennessee/SEC.

I like the way Jones has warmed up to the Ex-Vols and "family". It's definitely a different era...

Exactly. Not that I think Butch and his staff are bad coaches just such a huge change going from the big east to the SEC. Also agree that embracing former players is a good thing.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm setting my hopes kind of on the low but sensible side and that's just to make it to a bowl game. Anything above that is reason for excitement imo.

VN Store

Back