A Succinct Brief on the NCAA Woes.

The NCAA had a good racket going. I liked it. I still like the football and March Madness but it's an illegal business model.

The universities are NOT employed by the NCAA. Neither are the students. The NCAA is a governing body over the athletic programs associated with the universities, just like the TSSAA has oversight over high school athletic programs in the state of Tennessee.

The NCAA is trying to do what they were charged to do - set guidelines under which all universities operate so that all of them have the same chance to succeed. Without a governing body there are no rules - it would truly be the wild west and lawsuits would definitely happen when women's sports are removed, just because they would prevent money from going to support the payment to football players. And schools could play players of any age, as many years as the player wanted to play, regardless of whether they attended school or not.

Greed will ultimately destroy athletics as we know it at the college level.

The problem with NIL is that it is being abused and is not what it was intended to be. It has become a loophole used to promise money to a player to attend a specific school.

I hope the NCAA stays with more stringent guidelines on NIL and the transfer portal. I can’t stand this out of hand Wild Wild West in college sports. Like someone said when the NFL starting QB in the Super Bowl is making less than a large number of starting QBs in college….there is just something wrong. Those that can’t see that just have an agenda.
How much are these starting QBs in college making in salary? How much is Purty making on his name, image, and likeness? I’m not sure if you have an agenda yourself here or you just don’t understand what it is you’re taking about.

Again you have no clue what most players are making in endorsements in the pros. You know their salary, college players make zero dollars in salary right now.

The universities are NOT employed by the NCAA. Neither are the students. The NCAA is a governing body over the athletic programs associated with the universities, just like the TSSAA has oversight over high school athletic programs in the state of Tennessee.

The NCAA is trying to do what they were charged to do - set guidelines under which all universities operate so that all of them have the same chance to succeed. Without a governing body there are no rules - it would truly be the wild west and lawsuits would definitely happen when women's sports are removed, just because they would prevent money from going to support the payment to football players. And schools could play players of any age, as many years as the player wanted to play, regardless of whether they attended school or not.

Greed will ultimately destroy athletics as we know it at the college level.

The problem with NIL is that it is being abused and is not what it was intended to be. It has become a loophole used to promise money to a player to attend a specific school.
HAD the NCAA done its job, it would have anticipated losing Alston and have had some idea or backup plan for compensating players at their market value.

Players have been compensated under the table for many decades because the scholarship didn't cover the value of the players to the schools. NIL didn't "create" players being paid by the schools to come and play.

The fact that schools WILL abuse NIL to the extent of millions of dollars tells everyone the players CANNOT just be unpaid student athletes because the schools did and are offering much more money.

You can't blame the players because the schools offered money illegally before AND they're offering money now to get players.

Welcome to the free market in America.

VN Store

Back