A.I. officially retires

They wouldn't have scored 65pts a gamewithout A.I. and would have been one of the worst teams in the NBA.

WTF?

You know he missed 11 games and you can look at the data and see what they scored without him. Here are the lowest 20 point totals of the season:

71 (AI)
73 (AI)
75 (AI)
76 (AI)
76 (AI)
77 (AI)
79 (AI)
79 (AI)
81 (AI)
83 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)

Do you just make stuff up like this for the sake of argument, or did 65 ppg actually make sense in your head?

Last edited:
Also since you mentioned the game they won. A.I. 48pts, 3 rebs, 6asts, and 5 steals.

And since you love to talk about how good Geiger, Hill, MacCullough and Jones were, they combined had 18pts, 5rebs 0asts, 1st and 1 block. Ummm yeah thanks for helping my case, as those 5 rebs were very dominant. Also Geiger had 5 rebs for the series, MacCullough 7, 0 blocks between them. A.I. was their 3rd leading rebounder in that series, 5 rebs behind the mighty Ty Hill.

One game?

WTF?

You know he missed 11 games and you can look at the data and see what they scored without him. Here are the lowest 20 point totals of the season:

71 (AI)
73 (AI)
75 (AI)
76 (AI)
76 (AI)
77 (AI)
79 (AI)
79 (AI)
81 (AI)
83 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)

Do you just make stuff up like this for the sake of argument, or did 65 ppg actually make sense in your head?

Get him Huffy!

WTF?

71 (AI)
73 (AI)
75 (AI)
76 (AI)
76 (AI)
77 (AI)
79 (AI)
79 (AI)
81 (AI)
83 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
84 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)
85 (AI)

Cause I was being 100% serious when I said they would average 65 pts per game.

One game?

You brought up the game they won, A.I was the reason they won that game, as your solid players sucked. I also pointed out their percentages for the series, the rbs McCullough and Geiger had 12 total, and the fact that A.I. out rebounded everyone on that dominating rebounding team except Hill and Dik. I also pointed how much those "solid players" were hurt during the season. And that Kukoc and Dik weren't even on the team together, though you lump them together like they were. But as usual you pick and choose what you respond too.

Last edited:
Team could have been not that great without AI. Wouldn't have made the finals or won a game in the finals without him. And he's still overrated. Two aren't mutually exclusive.

You brought up the game they won, A.I was the reason they won that game, as your solid players sucked. I also pointed out their percentages for the series, the rbs McCullough and Geiger had 12 total, and the fact that A.I. out rebounded everyone on that dominating rebounding team except Hill and Dik. I also pointed how much those "solid players" were hurt during the season. And that Kukoc and Dik weren't even on the team together, though you lump them together like they were. But as usual you pick and choose what you respond too.

He had a good game (though he didn't shoot very well, so 48 points isn't as great as it sounds).

I think Mutumbo's 16 boards and 5 blocks had something to do with the victory. Also Raja Bell shut Kobe down. In fact, their defense as a unit stifled the Lakers.

The Huff doesn't understand hyperbole only numbers.

Except you used a number and you can't really support your hyperbolic argument that they would be the worst team ever.

If you take Iverson off the team, you're removing their top paid player. You would expect them to get worse. What we aren't considering is who they could pay a max contract to replace AI. I think they would have been a lot better with J Kidd.

He had a good game (though he didn't shoot very well, so 48 points isn't as great as it sounds).

I think Mutumbo's 16 boards and 5 blocks had something to do with the victory. Also Raja Bell shut Kobe down. In fact, their defense as a unit stifled the Lakers.

I already said Dik was great on defense.

Raja Bell played 19 minutes, Kobe played 52...try again

Except you used a number and you can't really support your hyperbolic argument that they would be the worst team ever.

If you take Iverson off the team, you're removing their top paid player. You would expect them to get worse. What we aren't considering is who they could pay a max contract to replace AI. I think they would have been a lot better with J Kidd.

Told you he didn't understand hyperbole.

Hyperbole: extravagant exaggeration used as a figure of speech.

Btw I ignored the Kidd comment, cause they could have just as easily went out and overpaid some idiot and ended up.worse.

Last edited:

Also as I pointed out A.I. shot better than 5 of the guys you named in the finals, 6 if you wanna count Bell.

Told you he didn't understand hyperbole.

Hyperbole: extravagant exaggeration used as a figure of speech.

Btw I ignored the Kidd comment, cause they could have just as easily went out and overpaid some idiot and ended up.worse.

I believe Iverson was the overpaid guard. Not great on D, not a great distributor, and not an efficient scorer. Doesn't seem like a max contract guy, to me. He probably deserved about 1/2 of what he got.

Well somebody shut Kobe down and it wasn't AI. Why even make that point?

Cause you said Raja shut him down, he didn't. I think you said Raja cause of their match ups in Phoenix. Basically I'm not sure you know what you are talking about in regards to this series. The stifled Lakers offense had 94 at the end of regulation btw.

I believe Iverson was the overpaid guard. Not great on D, not a great distributor, and not an efficient scorer. Doesn't seem like a max contract guy, to me. He probably deserved about 1/2 of what he got.

And who's to say if he wasn't there they wouldn't have just overpaid someone else and been worse off? Maybe they get Kidd but maybe they reach for someone far worse.

VN Store

Back