A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

Here's the thing...you can win with great coaches but you probably won't reach a championship level without everyone on the admin side pulling in the same direction. Coaches go to the AD and tell him/her what their program needs from the AD in order to improve and a good AD will find a way to make it happen. A good AD will help coaches build their program up to an elite level. A bad/ineffective AD will hold a coach back from building their program. We do have great coaches and they, along with the players, deserve a bunch of credit...for obvious reasons. We have seen the AD take a big step forward under DW and good coaches who were here before DW are achieving new heights. I think they would be happy to give some credit to DW and admit that having an AD that listens to them and gets them what they need makes a big difference. Now...having folks like Boyd and Plowman aligned with DW, that can take things to another level. We're in good hands.

We saw what happened when Hamilton was AD. He was a bad AD and at odds with the education admins and didn't seem to have much support from the president. Almost destroyed the athletic program. Once you have gone thru this, makes you much appreciate what we have now.

So, I sat next to Geno Auriemma on a flight to Hartford a couple of weeks ago when he came to Knoxville for the HOF induction ceremony and I asked him what he thought of the decision to fire Harper and hire Caldwell. He said "New AD's think that they know more than they do."

So, I sat next to Geno Auriemma on a flight to Hartford a couple of weeks ago when he came to Knoxville for the HOF induction ceremony and I asked him what he thought of the decision to fire Harper and hire Caldwell. He said "New AD's think that they know more than they do."
Serious “get off my lawn” vibes

Reactions: butchna
Sounds like he's not a fan of the decision. With UConn back on the schedule...I wonder why.

Reactions: Vols410 and butchna
I like it….. that is always a good sign that we made the right decision….

(1) He is not apt to give ammunition to strangers.

(2) If you, or your accent, identified you as a “former” Lv fan, he was probably yanking your chain.

(3) There is often much truth to his comment,

(4) Many here will take anything attributable to GA and use it to attack him.
He plays such folk like a fiddle. Philly snark makes ‘Bless your heart’ seem sweet and gentle.

Ken, I’ll take “Things That Never Happened” for $400.

That’s accurate, Fulmer as a new AD hired Kellie.

Context matters. Mr. FormerLVFan, under his now retired nom de plume, promised us on his word as an insider that Kellie J. Harper would be our wbb coach next year. Given that record of inaccuracy, should we trust his assertion that Mr. Auriemma gave him the time of day?

Tennessee men's tennis rallied to beat FSU today, 4-3, to advance to the Elite Eight.

Danny White won the deciding tiebreaker and the deciding match to send the Vols through. Oh, wait, I'm sorry:
Angel Diaz actually won the tiebreaker to clinch the match for the Vols, who, after losing the crucial doubles point,
had to win four of six singles matches to advance, and did just that.

Vol tennis is having another stellar year thanks for Head Coach Danny White. Oh, wait--I meant thanks to head coach Chris Woodruff, who
never ever says a word about the team (true, sadly).

Our women's tennis team is playing No. 1 seed Oklahoma State, in Stillwater, and winning 3-2. They need to win
one of the remaining two matches to net a major upset and also advance to the Elite Eight.

Our women's tennis team has beaten No. 1 Ok. State to advance to its first Elite 8 since 2010. The players all said
after the match that the Danny White autographed tennis balls were the difference in the match.... :cool:

In truth, one of OK. State's best players suffered a bad injury and had to retire, giving us a crucial point that we might not otherwise have
won. That was a big deal--but huge credit to the team. The women played in Stillwater, OK--which is where the UT men are now headed
for their Elite Eight. I'm not sure if the women's Elite Eight is in Stillwater, too, or somewhere else.

Have you changed your mind about not financially supporting the school?

Tennessee men's tennis rallied to beat FSU today, 4-3, to advance to the Elite Eight.

Danny White won the deciding tiebreaker and the deciding match to send the Vols through. Oh, wait, I'm sorry:
Angel Diaz actually won the tiebreaker to clinch the match for the Vols, who, after losing the crucial doubles point,

Vol tennis is having another stellar year thanks for Head Coach Danny White. Oh, wait--I meant thanks to head coach Chris Woodruff, who

Our women's tennis team is playing No. 1 seed Oklahoma State, in Stillwater, and winning 3-2. They need to win
one of the remaining two matches to net a major upset and also advance to the Elite Eight.
He is playing Tennis as well…. Is there anything that Danny White can’t do…. The man is truly an inspiration.

Why can’t our fans enjoy good things? This is the best that the athletic department has ever been at Tennessee….. Not to mention…. He put the VOLS back on Neyland….. refurbishing the baseball stadium and facilities…. organized a block party for baseball….building a neyland entertainment district… listens to the fans….great at fundraising… DW, Donde and Boyd are top notch…. Do you not remember what it was like during previous administrations?

When you're sitting next to someone for two hours, it's kind of hard to ignore them...the guy didn't even use earplug/headphones. He was watching game film, I assume of recruits on his Ipad with the sound on!

Since my connections were with the team, not the AD, I was blindsided like they were. I thought that since the NIL problem had been resolved that they would be given the chance to finally be competitive in recruiting. BTW, DW apparently had his knives out before the season started. He never met with Kellie once during the season, until he fired her. 😡

Context matters. Mr. FormerLVFan, under his now retired nom de plume, promised us on his word as an insider that Kellie J. Harper would be our wbb coach next year. Given that record of inaccuracy, should we trust his assertion that Mr. Auriemma gave him the time of day?

Reactions: madtownvol

VN Store

Back