9 Coaches Vote Vols In Top 25 Poll

Babers didn't vote for us and put his team at #23 and we hung 59 points on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kinda surprised Bob Stoops didn't include Tennessee. It would make his strength of schedule look better.
OTOH, Big 12 despises the SEC as being overhyped. Kinda surprised he included Florida, Mississippi, and LSU. He did vote Oklahoma over Alabama.

Kinda surprised Bob Stoops didn't include Tennessee. It would make his strength of schedule look better.
OTOH, Big 12 despises the SEC as being overhyped. Kinda surprised he included Florida, Mississippi, and LSU. He did vote Oklahoma over Alabama.

No coaches' opinions/polls affected the playoff committee, so no advantage/disadvantage for voting teams in or out.

Also, I seriously doubt Stoops or Saban personally took the time to vote anyway. Most coaches delegate this to SIDs or other staff members.

As for Babers, I really do think he still thinks they were in that game (closest 29 pt win ever I guess haha). He cared enough to mention it after their Memphis game. So not surprised he'd vote that way.

Yea really...Stoops and Saban in the play off and UT was closer to beating them than any of the teams they beat. In fact, I think UT gave Bama a better game than Ole Miss given that Ole Miss benefited from 5 TO's and a fluky TD reception and still only "held on" at the end. And I think we would all agree that we just plain blew the OU game. They are dweebs for not voting for us.

:clapping: That right there my friend, is some impressive mental gymnastics!

All they did is publicly make fools of themselves by not including us, and other deserving teams. Georgia in there? Really?

Many coaches don't actually take the time to vote but let staffers do it or so I was told by someone who would know.

Coaches don't actually vote most of the time. Some do, but in most cases the SID fills out the ballots and sends it in.

Do they do a final poll after the bowls are played? If not then the AP and coach's poll do matter in the end.

The CFP rankings end before the bowl games start, just like the later years of the BCS (which oddly in its first 2 or so years still released a final post-bowls poll).

The coaches poll has always been a waste of time. The coaches don't have time to watch all the games or really even read past the final scores.

The AP is just as irrelevant now but at least the journalists actuality watch the games.

Of the teams on this list, how many would the Vols win against? A lot I think, Thoughts...

4 or 5 at least above our 23rd spot.

Do they do a final poll after the bowls are played? If not then the AP and coach's poll do matter in the end.

Not sure about a final poll as we're just now in the second year of the CFP. I honestly think they should do one after the bowl games.

VN Store

Back