7-3 talent coached to 5-5

My dad always said, "If you have an ass whippin coming that you earned, you take it. You don't give excuses, you take it". There are several posters that have ass whippings coming. Without naming names(because we've read your horse**** and we know who you are), how about you quit giving excuses and take your whippings.

And for the record, I really hope he was being held out this year due to academics. Would love for that to be true. That would mean the coaches didn't make a huge mistake in talent evaluation for the reason to not be playing him earlier. It would be reassuring. I just want someone to prove it to me with anything besides conjecture.

If they can't evaluate talent, then why did they work so hard to get him here?

I doubt there's a coach that cares whether you're reassured or not. And you aren't owed any proof either. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
You have no argument to counter...try making one up. :)

I don't resort to name calling. At least actively try to avoid it anyway.

but whatever, you win. Dobbs redshirted academically......because he lost the QB battle to Worley....otherwise he would have been the starter and not academically redshirted.......as much sense as that makes.

But I am done trying to make sense of it. Goodnight.

Last edited:
If they can't evaluate talent, then why did they work so hard to get him here?

I doubt there's a coach that cares whether you're reassured or not. And you aren't owed any proof either. :hi:

Every player on the roster who doesn't start was recruited here. your point doesn't make sense because of that context. Unless you really think Worley is a better QB than Dobbs. If that is the case then more power to you.

And this coaching staff can absolutely evaluate talent and they are good at it. They make great recruiting decisions. I insinuate that perhaps (emphasis on perhaps) he made one bad decision choosing Worley over Dobbs....just one.... and suddenly I am labeled as a person that thinks our coaches can't evaluate talent. how about we slow our roll, because I don't believe that at all. I love our coaches. Love our team.

Last edited:
Every player on the roster who doesn't start was recruited here. your point doesn't make sense because of that context. Unless you really think Worley is a better QB than Dobbs. If that is the case then more power to you.

And this coaching staff can absolutely evaluate talent and they are good at it. They make great recruiting decisions. I insinuate that perhaps he made a one bad decision choosing Worley over Dobbs...just on.... and suddenly I am labeled as a person that thinks our coaches can't evaluate talent. how about we slow our roll, because I don't believe that at all. I love our coaches. Love our team.

The bolded comment is the kind of thing that cracks me up. You work really hard at it, I'll give you that.

To your second paragraph, you're the one who made the statement. Not me. But good to know you're a fan.

And this coaching staff can absolutely evaluate talent and they are good at it. They make great recruiting decisions. I insinuate that perhaps he made a one bad decision choosing Worley over Dobbs...just on.... and suddenly I am labeled as a person that thinks our coaches can't evaluate talent. how about we slow our roll, because I don't believe that at all. I love our coaches. Love our team.

"I have no dog in this fight" but....
Please explain why it is so crazy to believe that Dobbs has a low completion percentage in practice.
The "put in the backup" works out about 1 in 72.
We found the lucky acorn and now it was a bad decision by the coaches?
I do not believe CBJ walks on water but playing the percentages is a common factor among many good coaches, except on VN.

I don't resort to name calling. At least actively try to avoid it anyway.

but whatever, you win. Dobbs redshirted academically......because he lost the QB battle to Worley....otherwise he would have been the starter and not academically redshirted.......as much sense as that makes.

But I am done trying to make sense of it. Goodnight.

Winning's cool...would've settled for you to quit arguing for kicks...I'm sure you'll find other windmills to joust...you always do.

"I have no dog in this fight" but....
Please explain why it is so crazy to believe that Dobbs has a low completion percentage in practice.
The "put in the backup" works out about 1 in 72.
We found the lucky acorn and now it was a bad decision by the coaches?
I do not believe CBJ walks on water but playing the percentages is a common factor among many good coaches, except on VN.

I don't find it crazy at all to believe Dobbs has a low completion percentage in practice, but it is the coaches responsibility to find and play the best players for the team by whatever means necessary.

People like to use the excuse "hindsight is 20/20" but Butch Jones would NEVER make up an excuse like that. CButch Jones is a man and doesn't make excuses. Can you imagine Butch being asked about Dobbs in a presser and him saying "you know, hindsight is 20/20", that is Dooley level junk. The hindsight stuff is a fan excuse.

Last edited:
I don't believe it crazy at all to believe Dobbs has a low completion percentage in practice, but it is the coaches responsibility to find and play the best players for the team.

People like to use the excuse "hindsight is 20/20" but Butch Jones would NEVER make up an excuse like that. Butch Jones is a man and doesn't make excuses. The hindsight stuff is a fan excuse.

I do not wish to put words in your mouth, I don't debate that way.
I am asking, so do you believe that starting those that perform best in practice, is not the standard for playing the best players?

Last edited:
I do not wish to put in your mouth, I don't debate that way.
I am asking, so do you believe that starting those that perform best in practice, is not the standard for for playing the best players?

There is a difference between best player and best perceived player.

Just as an example, perhaps the coaches misevaluated his running abilities or pocket presence. QBs often wear non-contact jerseys so those things can be difficult to evaluate. Perhaps they over valued Worley. There are a ton of variables, but I look at it this way, a mistake is a mistake and anything you use to explain it away is an excuse.

Now I am not saying it was a mistake, just that I think it is possible that it was.

The coaches have a hard job and I couldn't hope to have even 1 percent of their knowledge and experience. What I get to see though is a guy score 10+ TD in 3 SEC games, basically delivering us from the depths and I feel like I am entitled to wonder where the heck this guy has been.

Last edited:
There is a difference between best player and best perceived player.

Just as an example, perhaps the coaches misevaluated his running abilities or pocket presence. QBs often wear non-contact jerseys so those things can be difficult to evaluate. Perhaps they over valued Worley. There are a ton a variables, but I look at it this way, a mistake is a mistake and anything you use to explain it away is an excuse.

Now I am not saying it was a mistake, just that I think it is possible that it was.

I think Dobbs surprised most people.
It happens now and then. However, I hope the coaches stick with the general rule of - start based off of practice. It works more often than it fails.

Sounds like Florida to me. I think we win 6 games for sure this year and better than a 50-50 chance of winning 8. Most experts were predicting 4-6 wins Seems like the program is moving up faster than most knowledgable people thought we would.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like Florida to me. I think we win 6 games for sure this year and better than a 50-50 chance of winning 8. Most experts were predicting 4-6 wins Seems like the program is moving up faster than most knowledgable people thought we would.

precisely

unless you were in the room...the speculation is at best speculation. I'm loving the way the team is winning now....and I've loved the determination and spirit this team has played with almost all year....there is something to be said and admired for a never quit attitude.

They laid an egg against UF...it stung, sucked, but it happens....get over it....lots of teams have laid eggs this year in other big or semi-significant games.

I highly doubt CBJ and the gang sat in the office and said WTF...lets blow this year and play our worst guys....screw the fans and the administration...they'll feel better when were a little better next year. If you think this is how it went....you, my friend(s) are a sad lot. The coaches put the best team on the field to win game...could their assessments have been a little off...maybe, but I think some of you are blowing off timing, progression, etc. to "reach" the conclusion you want....or that makes you feel better.

You know... I do kinda hate the whole dot dot dot thing... but this was a great post... :eek:k:

You know... I do kinda hate the whole dot dot dot thing... but this was a great post... :eek:k:

touche on the dot dot dot thing, guess I picked it up reading too many novels, etc. I can deal with just about anything if it's close to coherent.

touche on the dot dot dot thing, guess I picked it up reading too many novels, etc. I can deal with just about anything if it's close to coherent.

I use ellipses like a SOB...even moreso when someone b****** about it. :)

He isn't a conventional player and doesn't need to be treated like one. He is a special indiviudal. Besides, he had last year to assimilate.

You seem to want to argue your point till everyone agrees with you. Life will go on if they don't.

GBO :rock:

VN Store

Back