6A State Championship-Maryville vs Ravenwood

I bet the ball was in the air for 45 of those yards and hit him perfectly in stride. What a pass. Wasn't a blown coverage either.

I mean, I know Maryville isn't heritage or William Blount, but they aren't McCallie either.

Maryville is year after year the best team in the state. This is off the Maryville site:

Maryville, Tennessee lies 20 miles south of Knoxville and is the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains. A large percentage of Maryville residents are college graduates, business executives, and professionals. Traditionally, citizens in the community are supportive of and involved in the education process. A college community, Maryville offers many opportunities for cultural enrichment.

Wow- better than McCallie

I'm impressed and I'm a Brentwood Academy grad.

2000 to 2003. All four years. Played Sam backer. Was number 35. Hence, my VN handle.

Looks like i played against you a year or 2. We were not any good but always enjoyed playing against a good team that was humble about. Ive got a lot of respect for Maryville, Coach Quarles, and Coach Gaylor.

Good grief. Sounds like Ravenwood just has some serious weapons on the perimeter. We need to get Jefferson in orange.

Yes. They spread it around a lot though. Their play designs have impressed me. Also I think they have a 30 something yard rushing td by their running back.

Looks like i played against you a year or 2. We were not any good but always enjoyed playing against a good team that was humble about. Ive got a lot of respect for Maryville, Coach Quarles, and Coach Gaylor.

Yeah, he runs a tight ship. All business and no nonsense. And coach Gaylor was my favorite (was my position coach). He had some pretty good years as the head coach at Clinton. Took them to state one year, I believe.

Yeah, he runs a tight ship. All business and no nonsense. And coach Gaylor was my favorite (was my position coach). He had some pretty good years as the head coach at Clinton. Took them to state one year, I believe.

Yes he did. 1992 they lost to Gallatin in the state title game 21-13.

Maryville takes advantage of good field position. 28-13. Maryville kicker missed extra point.

Ravenwood's play calling is different these last two drives. They keep running up the middle.

VN Store

Back