5Dimes College Football 2016 Win Totals Released (UT 10.5)

Yes, over/under on 12. Hell, we should rename the NFL the Tennessee Football League by 2019.

I'm taking the over on that. D4H has always come across as a Negavol, always selling our top players short.

It's getting closer.

Jump higher Vols.

QB - Dobbs: No where near the 1st down field consistency needs to improve vastly to even be a 2nd.
RB - Hurd: Another strong season could solidify his 1st round pull but history says early 2
WR - Williams: To early to evaluate certainly has the talent and measurables
TE - Wolf: I can't see him taken in 1 unless he becomes a permanent option due to injury middle to late 2
DE - Barnett: This guy has the talent, ability, and measurables to get to a Berry like draft pick. He's an absolute monster off the edge.
DT - Tuttle: to early but really like what I've seen so far.
DT - McKenzie: really a dream at DT just needs to fix conditioning to really see what we have.
LB - Kirkland: of all the young kids I really like the way he plays I really think he's going to be a middle 1 pick
CB - Sutton: this one is tricky for me 2 seasons ago I thought he was a sure fire 1 after last season hes a 2
CB - Martin: 1st pick in the draft.

I'm stuck between 10-2 and 11-1. I lean towards 11-1 though if we're relatively healthy. Well played, Vegas. :)

The most likely loss to me is Georgia, IMHO. I understand those that are worried about A&M, but I think that we out match them in many key areas. My only worry is that we'd be a little banged up after Florida and Georgia.

I'm stuck between 10-2 and 11-1. I lean towards 11-1 though if we're relatively healthy. Well played, Vegas. :)

The most likely loss to me is Georgia, IMHO. I understand those that are worried about A&M, but I think that we out match them in many key areas. My only worry is that we'd be a little banged up after Florida and Georgia.

7 games in a row, that's a tall task. 5 being VT, GA, FL, Bama and aTm....i think 3-2 in those 5 is pretty strong. 4-1 would be out freakin standing.

that's why i'd take the under if i'm betting. 10-2 or worse seems a lot more likely than 11-1 or better.

Reactions: 2 people
You're calling a team in which Colton Jumper gets meaningful snaps one of the best college football rosters ever. Lol

So one scrub player defines how good a team's roster is??? Last time I checked, every team in the country has scrub players that play some snaps. I don't like D4H but to think this isn't a loaded roster that could go really far this season all because of Colton Jumper, is crazy. He's not the best on the team but he still represents Tennessee and gives it his all.

Since Wolf hasn't run a 40, none of us know his timed speed.

All I know is what I see on TV. And I don't see any difference in speed or explosiveness.

Wolf will be Greg Olsen 2.0. Take it to the bank.

Marquez North will get drafted no later than the 4th round and Mecole Hardman will be a Vol on NSD. Book it. You seriously need to stop. Your enthusiasm is top notch as is your support, faith and fandom for Tennessee. That being said, your narcissism is out of control. You want to think that this UT is the most talented in the country and one f the most talented in school history. Yet you honestly have no clue about our former teams. I think if you started using terms like I think or in my opinion instead of book it and take it to the bank, then things might go better for you.

Reactions: 1 person
7 games in a row, that's a tall task. 5 being VT, GA, FL, Bama and aTm....i think 3-2 in those 5 is pretty strong. 4-1 would be out freakin standing.

that's why i'd take the under if i'm betting. 10-2 or worse seems a lot more likely than 11-1 or better.

Why include Va-Tech?

They're really no different than Kentucky or Missouri. We should run them off the field.

I agree with you, it's going to be difficult to pull off. 10-2 is a very likely outcome. If we're healthy, 9-3 would leave me seriously scratching my head, though.

I could easily see us with one loss going into the Alabama game. And even though I give us an ever so slight edge on them this year, it could easily go the other way.

On paper, we run the table. But I don't trust Butch not to Butch up 2 or even 3 games in the 4th quarter. Smart money takes the under.

Virginia Tech will be what Northwestern was to us in the Outback Bowl. We should win comfortably.
i think you may be giving VT too much credit.

that game being a big game has much less to do with the opponent, than it does with the venue, attention and expectation to win, and win comfortably.

this team, this program under CBJ has not had to handle serious expectations and pressure to win. sure last year there was some, but this year....they will probably be favorites (despite the FPI thread) in vegas in at least 10 games this season, maybe more depending how that early slate goes.

they're going to hear how good they are. they're going to hear how they "SHOULD" win the East.

how does this team, and CBJ's program respond and behave as a favorite?

this may be the biggest unknown of the entire season.

so if for no other reason, i want to see how this team handles that against VT. VT will be given NO SHOT to win that game. which means they will give TN their best shot. so let's see how they do.

I agree with you, it's going to be difficult to pull off. 10-2 is a very likely outcome. If we're healthy, 9-3 would leave me seriously scratching my head, though.

I could easily see us with one loss going into the Alabama game. And even though I give us an ever so slight edge on them this year, it could easily go the other way.

this is pretty much where i am too. i've already said it plenty, but when you compare GA and FL's schedules to ours, i seriously get nervous about this "TN should definitely win the East" talk.

GA and FL both have easier roads to ATL than we do, so those two games are really important to us, especially with that road trip to aTm and Bama right after.

9-3 would leave me a little baffled as well unless MAJOR injuries were to happen. 10-2 should be the expectation. Alabama is going to be a tough game as long as Saban is there. I would like to say with all of the recent troubles with Robinson leads me to believe we definitely have the edge, but Bama is loaded from top to bottom. And they have the depth to replace highly coveted players with ease.

I personally think we will lose the Bama game and possibly the TAMU game. And unless serious injuries happen, we win the East and replay Bama for the SEC crown.

Virginia Tech will be what Northwestern was to us in the Outback Bowl. We should win comfortably.

I think a lot on here are underestimating Bud Foster. The guy can coach a defense. Ask OSU a couple of years ago. If Fuente had hired a new DC, then I would completely agree with you. Now we MAY run VT off the field, but I would not be surprised if the game is much closer.

You guys shouldn't doubt D4H's scouting talents. He has eyes honed for picking out talent from years of standing on sidelines handing water bottles to kids who had to play football.

I worry about this team doing exactly what they're asked to do, get multiple score leads late in games again, only to not be allowed to finish those all but certain wins, AGAIN, because Butch decides to go curl up in the fetal position somewhere, AGAIN.

Team 120 is a championship team on paper and very likely on the field as well IMO. But I've seen Jones oversee a "slip up" vs Vandy in 2013, vs Florida in 2014, and vs Oklahoma and Florida in 2015. Everyone is certainly free to look past those previous "slip ups" under Butch as they try to predict what this year will look like. I'm gonna choose to factor those in until further notice.

This

We'll see. I think he's just as athletic. And will be just as good a pro.

You also thought North would go in the 4th round or earlier (went undrafted) and that Kelvin Taylor was the second best RB in the draft (think he was the 13th RB taken in the 6th rd). With all due respect, think I'll pass on your assessment.

I think a lot on here are underestimating Bud Foster. The guy can coach a defense. Ask OSU a couple of years ago. If Fuente had hired a new DC, then I would completely agree with you. Now we MAY run VT off the field, but I would not be surprised if the game is much closer.

Foster hasn't been great against mobile QBs.

You also thought North would go in the 4th round or earlier (went undrafted) and that Kelvin Taylor was the second best RB in the draft (think he was the 13th RB taken in the 6th rd). With all due respect, think I'll pass on your assessment.

What does how low he went have to do with how good a pro he will be?

Tom Brady and Terrell Davis also went in the 6th round.

I never said he would go high. I just said his skill would translate really well to the pros and he would be ultimately be the second best back in the 2016 draft.

What does how low he went have to do with how good a pro he will be?

Tom Brady and Terrell Davis also went in the 6th round.

I never said he would go high. I just said his skill would translate really well to the pros and he would be ultimately be the second best back in the 2016 draft.

Brady and Davis were anomalies.....that's why everybody uses them as their examples....they were damn near the only ones who were drafted that late to play at the very high, All-Pro/HOF level that they have.

Perhaps Taylor winds up being a very good pro and you're proven right...perhaps not. Just pointing out that 12 teams needing a running back passed on him in favor of another guy. And it's not exactly like Kelvin killed it last year at Florida....he was the conference's 10th leading rusher.

And, I won't re-visit North again....lets just leave it there.

Brady and Davis were anomalies.....that's why everybody uses them as their examples....they were damn near the only ones who were drafted that late to play at the very high, All-Pro/HOF level that they have.

Perhaps Taylor winds up being a very good pro and you're proven right...perhaps not. Just pointing out that 12 teams needing a running back passed on him in favor of another guy. And it's not exactly like Kelvin killed it last year at Florida....he was the conference's 10th leading rusher.

And, I won't re-visit North again....lets just leave it there.

The Brady/Davis example was to show NFL teams are not infallible.

And keep revisiting North. It just show you have nothing else to say that I got wrong. It's the only thing you can hang on to.

Last edited:
Goodness gracious. This is yalls problem. Battered and bruised fans. I don't have this problem.

Tennesse has NEVER had a team this talented. So history is irrelevant.

I think this is one of the more talented teams but to say TN has NEVER had a team this talented is silly.

I just hope this team keeps focused and plays hard for 60 mins in all of their games.

VN Store

Back