3rd Down Songs...Pick 3

Can't believe no one has mentioned The Four Horsemen by Metallica with our current D-line.

I think it would cool to have a rotation of 15-20 songs to use.

There are a number Tool riffs that would fit the bill. Hit the Lights, by Metallica. Walk or 5 Minutes Alone - Pantera....

Is the idea to get the players pumped or get the crowd pumped ? Or both feed off each other ? Seems by our responses we want to hear everything from slow Country, Stoner tunes, to Heavy Metal... Just ask the Team and let the Crowd catch up. and yes, I'm old.

Linchpin by Fear Factory

Ace of Spades by Motorhead

Power by Kanye West (I don't like the guy either. But Saints Row 3 made me a fan of it)

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single suggestion that's as good as the original yet - clear beat, nice build up, thick baseline, and a football pun in the lyrics. If they replace it with a rotation of random generic metal or pop or country or whatever, it's going to ruin the whole thing - the repetition was what helped lock it into place. Might as well just drop the whole angle and move on, let the band play instead.

Reactions: 1 person
Let the kids choose the song(s) . . . maybe even more than one. I'm too old to suggest songs that resonate with today's kids. And, bring back the crowd sound meter on the jumbotron.

Last edited:
I was just listening to RTI podcast from yesterday and they were talking about Third Down for What. Then they started rattling off a list of songs that could be used to get everyone pumped up. Thinks like Jump Around and Enter Sandman. As I agree those songs get people fired up, I was thinking there could be something much more creative and different to get people screaming.

So what would your Top 3 song ideas to get our D jumping up and down ready to ball?

I'm putting my list together and will post shortly, interested to see what others pick.

Boot skootin boogie or friends in low places

3 picks right? Already been nominated. Last one...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXz6eMCj2k[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Monster by Skillet. The last chorus where he says "I feel like a monster", except his voice says monster with a demon like sound.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjlM_RnsVE

I'm not too much for the songs (they just drag out too long). I would rather go with a loud bell gong or someone yelling a over the loudspeaker. I wouldn't mind hearing a Blue Tick baying loud over the PA. I know it drives my neighbors insane!

VN Store

Back