3rd and 4th

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
Those are the rushing rankings of Bama and UT respectively. Assuming Hurd recovers well from his stomach bug we have the horses to run against anyone in the SEC. Add in Dobbs mobility and it should help open up what is otherwise a strong defense. Losing Tuttle hurts but we have the chance to stop their run as well or at least slow it down. Luckily for us Coker is not as consistent as Bama QB's of recent memory which aids our secondary. We've not seen 119 get dominated yet and while it might happen we have imposed our will rushing the ball even against excellent fronts like UF.

I have faith 119 can make this a fun game and leave us proud.

Last edited:
Say what u want about the game but we all know that this game will come down to our inability to stop anyone on 3rd and 4th down......

If the Vols come out and play the way they did against FL then this game will be competitive. If the team comes out flat it will be a long day.

This is a huge rivalry game, I trust the coaches to make sure the players are ready to play. This game will be closer than the spread says it should be.

Reactions: 1 person
Say what u want about the game but we all know that this game will come down to our inability to stop anyone on 3rd and 4th down......

Actually, our defense has been very good on 3rd downs. It's that 4th down that has been the D's Achilles Heel though.

I hope they let Dobbs run so it'll keep bama off balance.

Reactions: 1 person
We will have to tackle better than we have in any game so far this year. I have seen so many plays that we have had the rb,qb in backfield only to get away and make a play downfield or run for a positive play.

We just need the same spark we had against GA all day long for the rest of the program's foreseeable future and we will continue to have success. We have to go out there and ball out.

We just need the same spark we had against GA all day long for the rest of the program's foreseeable future and we will continue to have success. We have to go out there and ball out.

Won't disagree although Hurd and Dobbs have created their share of broken tackles as well.

Reactions: Weezer
DD4ME, does your initial reference to "3rd and 4th" as the "rushing rankings of Bama and UT, respectively" pertain to SEC or NCAA rankings?

If we go by NCAA rankings, Tennessee leads in rushing (222.0 vs. 198.7 ypg), which places UT and Alabama 18th and 33rd, respectively, in that category nationally (Rushing Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com). Our average yards per carry is 4.59, compared to 4.78 for the Tide. We are 23rd in scoring (37.2 ppg), 'bama is 32nd (35.6) (Scoring Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com). Tennessee is 43rd in total offense (434.7 ypg) and Alabama is 47th (430.1) (Total Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com). The Tide has been more effective in passing offense, where they rank 68th (231.4 ypg), whereas we rank 80th (212.7 ypg) (Passing Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com).

VN Store

Back