3 Star Players who became great

Matt Sims has been a pretty good back up in New York. Kudos for him still being in the NFL. He must be doing something right. I doubt many people here thought he would still be in the league, let alone make it there (I'm one of them)

A pretty good back up? He has played in 3 games and is averaging 5 yards a completion.

Agree kudos for him getting there though.

Last edited:
Nick Reveiz was a big time player, who I believe was a walk on.

Last edited:
Tommy "J.J." McCleskey, the "walk-on". He progressed to team captain by his senior year. Headed off to the NFL for a little while.

Reactions: 1 person
Justin Harrell was a three star that made it to the Pros. We've had a lot of other guys. This year we may have a lot of three stars play far better than their ranking and if it happens will means Jones and staff know how to evaluate players.

I had no idea that Jerod Mayo was a 3*. That is almost laughable. He had a solid collegiate career and has been a pro bowler twice.

It's like this, some guys grow a lot after high school. A lot of pro players come from tiny colleges. You think they were 5 stars?

Justin Harrell was a three star that made it to the Pros. We've had a lot of other guys. This year we may have a lot of three stars play far better than their ranking and if it happens will means Jones and staff know how to evaluate players.

I would've never guessed Harrel was a 3* coming in.

Matt Sims- The most surprising to make it by a long shot

I'm sure it was a situation of just underdeveloped talent. Where he transferred a bunch and then started for us under Dooley's first year…For him to still be in the NFL, even in a back up role shows that there was talent there all along he just never had a situation where his talent could be developed properly. Hopefully he continues to keep a roster spot in the NFL.

Matt Sims
Marvin Mitchell
brandon Colquitt
Brad Cottam
Anthony McDaniel
Britton Colquitt
Zach Fulton
Arian Foster
Ramon Foster
Inquoris Johnson- 2star would have been in NFL but Injured
Dan Williams
Denarius Moore
Dallas Thomas

Matt Simms.......Seriously?

What was Travis Stephens coming out of H.S.? Pretty good tailback. Few small WRs that played a big roll and made it to the NFL.

VN Store

Back