3 Football players arrested

Danny O'Brien is a beast in his mugshot. I would not like to be the guy on the other end of the fight.

I love those young men so agree and remember in most college towns the University has a working relationship with the police department but not Knoxville. Seems the police are too big for their britches and have been for years, basically inept. Maybe they should visit Tallahassee.
The police should turn their heads because they play a stupid game for the local college.

Reactions: 2 people
I love those young men so agree and remember in most college towns the University has a working relationship with the police department but not Knoxville. Seems the police are too big for their britches and have been for years, basically inept. Maybe they should visit Tallahassee.

Working relationship = Turn the other cheek

That is why some players don't act right. They have been treated with kid gloves their whole lives because they are athletes.

They should be treated no different than ordinary citizens

Reactions: 5 people
Its not like these guys murdered nuns

They got into a fight. Men fight

It happens. Suspend them for the first game and make them do some Community Service

Fess up count. Which one of them did you hook up?

:)

I'm glad it's nothing more than little ruckus. Boys will be boys. In my experience all it takes is some pos to start something and every one else catches the heat.

Fess up count. Which one of them did you hook up?

:)

I'm glad it's nothing more than little ruckus. Boys will be boys. In my experience all it takes is some pos to start something and every one else catches the heat.

I was asleep in my bed

Plus, I would have given them a warning first and the " If I have to come back, everyone is going to jail" speech

If the altercation is due to a guy kicking a female, then I wouldn't suspend them at all. I'd have "internal punishments" for them. The charges may even be dropped. Who knows.

Statement from Butch Jones: "We are aware of the situation and are still in the preliminary stages of gathering all facts and information. We have very high standards and expectations within our football program at the University of Tennessee, and appropriate action will be taken."

Volquest: 3 UT football players arrested

Its not like these guys murdered nuns

They got into a fight. Men fight

It happens. Suspend them for the first game and make them do some Community Service

Really, suspend them and community service because of a fight. That is one of the dumbest things I have heard. They got in a fight, no one appears to be hurt. It is not like they did anything so bad that they should be punished six months later. Deal with it now and move on.

Reactions: 3 people
Back in the good old days, before social media, we wouldn't even be made aware of this kind of thing. When I was at UT some 3 decades ago, this happened all the time and didn't even hit the newspaper. Slap these guys on the wrist and make them run stadium steps.

Also, anyone that thinks college students under the age of 21 don't drink has their head in the sand

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back