Vols' 2019 schedule released

I know every team does it but I cannot stand these cupcake games. I cannot stress this enough. It’s a waste of a Saturday. I went to UTEP last weekend and it was completely pointless. Fans are quiet and bored, teams is lethargic and sloppy. Even if the team plays well it’s still garbage. This needs to change. Go to 9 game SEC schedule and other games have to be power 5. The 2019 schedule is one of the worst I’ve seen for UT.

While BYU isn’t a team to overlook (ask Wisconsin) its for sure the easiest “power” non conference team we’ve faced in a while. Plus MSU will be having a rebuild year next most likely due to losing a lot of their key players. So favorable west team @ home for once. By year 2 you should be ahead of Mizzou, SC, Vandy and UK at the very least. And hopefully you’re ahead of UF. But haven’t won in the swamp in a long time. Bama and UGA will still be very very tough

While BYU isn’t a team to overlook (ask Wisconsin) its for sure the easiest “power” non conference team we’ve faced in a while. Plus MSU will be having a rebuild year next most likely due to losing a lot of their key players. So favorable west team @ home for once. By year 2 you should be ahead of Mizzou, SC, Vandy and UK at the very least. And hopefully you’re ahead of UF. But haven’t won in the swamp in a long time. Bama and UGA will still be very very tough
Miss St has a tailback that looks very much like Jamal Lewis. He's just a tad lighter but probably a better receiver. Dude is a stud and will be there next year. I think - too lazy to confirm.

I know every team does it but I cannot stand these cupcake games. I cannot stress this enough. It’s a waste of a Saturday. I went to UTEP last weekend and it was completely pointless. Fans are quiet and bored, teams is lethargic and sloppy. Even if the team plays well it’s still garbage. This needs to change. Go to 9 game SEC schedule and other games have to be power 5. The 2019 schedule is one of the worst I’ve seen for UT.

agree with the cupcake game piece of it. you would think that when the stands are 50% or more empty by third quarter that someone in the AD would see that it isn't a popular way to schedule games.

I don't really care for the 9 game conference schedule idea tho. Would much rather the cupcake games (except for one), be P-5 games where we do a home and home series. Those are some of the most memorable games and would give fans the opportunity to travel to new venues.

that said, I'm really glad there isn't some type of "kickoff classic" type game. Hope they abandon that idea forever.

While BYU isn’t a team to overlook (ask Wisconsin) its for sure the easiest “power” non conference team we’ve faced in a while.

I don't know what a "'power' non conference team" is, but the thing about BYU is that the teams that embarrass them have agile playmakers (thinking Florida St., TCU, even Malzahn coached Tulsa of years past). The teams that get embarrassed by BYU are those that try to get cute with schemes (BYU is usually the oldest team on average because of players going on 2-year church missions) or outpower them (Wisconsin learned, pound for pound, Tongans are tough).

I don't know what a "'power' non conference team" is, but the thing about BYU is that the teams that embarrass them have agile playmakers (thinking Florida St., TCU, even Malzahn coached Tulsa of years past). The teams that get embarrassed by BYU are those that try to get cute with schemes (BYU is usually the oldest team on average because of players going on 2-year church missions) or outpower them (Wisconsin learned, pound for pound, Tongans are tough).

A power conference game is a non conference game vs a team from another power 5 conference or Notre Dame/BYU

While BYU isn’t a team to overlook (ask Wisconsin) its for sure the easiest “power” non conference team we’ve faced in a while.

BYU is not considered a Power 5 program. The Power 5 == the 5 top conferences, plus Notre Dame.

Other independents are not included. I'd love if they were, though. Would be good for Army!

Thats a 9 win season at least!

Loses to Alabama & Florida are automatic.

Vandy's q.b. will be gone to the N.F.L. & we will be improved, so this gives us a likely win.

Ky. will be competitive but we will be better, so I see this as a win.

Missouri's offense is built around their q.b. but he is gone to the N.F.L. after this season. Advantage = us.

UGA will likely be a loss.

USC will be good but we will finally have a team that will beat a Muschamp coached team.

BYU is good, but they don't usually play S.E.C. teams. We beat them.

We beat the remaining 3 Non Conference teams.

We beat us SEC West opponent...

VN Store

Back