Vols' 2019 schedule released

You can view future schedules for the Vols other than 2019 as well. The 2020 schedule thus far doesn't look to bad. At Oklahoma will be a challenge assuming they keep progressing like they are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180918-212843.png
    Screenshot_20180918-212843.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 19
projecting 8 low 10 high....going to be a good year w/ good recruits coming in.

Bama should be ashamed of that nonconference schedule. I know Duke is ACC but they are middle of the pack at best and you know when you schedule them they wonā€™t be a threat. Itā€™s very smart really because they are Power 5 and not a bottom feeder like Rutgers but not anyone that has a realistic chance to beat you either. The Arkansas schedule is pathetic again but they are certainly a bad team. Ours is fairly weak but not quite as bad as Arkansas and we are bad as well right now. Overall though the out of conference slate looks much better next year. This year is terrible outside of a couple early games.

Bama should be ashamed of that nonconference schedule. I know Duke is ACC but they are middle of the pack at best and you know when you schedule them they wonā€™t be a threat. Itā€™s very smart really because they are Power 5 and not a bottom feeder like Rutgers but not anyone that has a realistic chance to beat you either. The Arkansas schedule is pathetic again but they are certainly a bad team. Ours is fairly weak but not quite as bad as Arkansas and we are bad as well right now. Overall though the out of conference slate looks much better next year. This year is terrible outside of a couple early games.

People usually complain about Bamas ooc schedule. And its ridiculous. Why? Because when it comes time to play the tough teams, Bama usually beats them.

If Guarantano gets it all figured out and our line play on both sides gets better, this is a for sure 8-9 win schedule easy.

Thatā€™s the best schedule weā€™ve had in a long time.

If weā€™ve got the right guy Tennessee should win between 8-10

I have to agree with you. If Bama is not playing the Packers, Steelers, and Cowboys then they are playing an underrated schedule. And they are not subject to the salary cap like those other teams.

I know every team does it but I cannot stand these cupcake games. I cannot stress this enough. Itā€™s a waste of a Saturday. I went to UTEP last weekend and it was completely pointless. Fans are quiet and bored, teams is lethargic and sloppy. Even if the team plays well itā€™s still garbage. This needs to change. Go to 9 game SEC schedule and other games have to be power 5. The 2019 schedule is one of the worst Iā€™ve seen for UT.

There's no way the SEC will ever go to a 9 game conference schedule and have an odd number of home/away games to distort the championship race. No way. Pick 10 if you're hell bent on adding conference games. UT always has a P5 out of conference opponent that's a good draw and 7 home games seems to be the break even point on making $$$ or not. Cupcakes are willing to play away games for the paycheck if you've ever wondered why 'everybody is doing it'.

I know every team does it but I cannot stand these cupcake games. I cannot stress this enough. Itā€™s a waste of a Saturday. I went to UTEP last weekend and it was completely pointless. Fans are quiet and bored, teams is lethargic and sloppy. Even if the team plays well itā€™s still garbage. This needs to change. Go to 9 game SEC schedule and other games have to be power 5. The 2019 schedule is one of the worst Iā€™ve seen for UT.
I agree 100% with you. If I lived close enough to have season tickets I would not want to waste my time and money on cupcake games.

I have to ask; what makes you think you will be better than Georgia by year 3? Seems as though you are looking through orange tinted glasses. I get hoping that, but to actually ā€œtruly believeā€ that seems somewhat odd.
Ya... and very optimistic, Iā€™m looking st this recruiting class and thinking Morris, Wright, Smith on the line, Crouch as either a stud LB or game changing RB. I also See JJ Peterson on the other side. With Bogle and a very much improved Dline in their sophomore season. An elite qb in JG throwing to Ramel Keyton. Everyone is saying our 2020 class is going to be better then the 19 class, so Iā€™m hoping we can have some instant contributions there as well. I also Would rather have Pruitt then Smart and think he will out coach him, and our talent level wonā€™t be quite on par with them yet, but I think it will be close enough to where we could sneak out of that game with a W. I guess My shades are very orange tinted, but at the same time everything I just states is possible! GBO

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
People usually complain about Bamas ooc schedule. And its ridiculous. Why? Because when it comes time to play the tough teams, Bama usually beats them.
They do but playing Duke and 3 nobodies? Now the criticism last year was unfair. FSU was supposed to be good and was when scheduled and Colorado St and Fresno St werenā€™t nobodies. One Mercer does not a bad schedule make. But next yearā€™s OOC for Bama is weak for any top 25 team.

I think if we get to a bowl this year, sign a top 10 recruiting class, and keep improving under Pruitt we will win 9-10 games next year! Call me crazy šŸ˜œ but I truly believe thatā€™s the direction weā€™re headed. Year 3 we are in the SEC championship and hopefully playoff conversation!
Iā€™m calling you crazy, but hope by some miracle youā€™re right.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
I have to ask; what makes you think you will be better than Georgia by year 3? Seems as though you are looking through orange tinted glasses. I get hoping that, but to actually ā€œtruly believeā€ that seems somewhat odd.
Fromm as a senior or Fields as a junior. We'd better be pretty darn good.

It may be the worst, but couldnā€™t come at a better time. Even if weā€™re not any better, except on the O line we could win 3 more games than this year. And with that , the fans and more importantly, recruits that are hung up on the record, and canā€™t see this years improvement, will see a team that is turned around and on the rise

VN Store

Back