25 Baseball Drops Series Finale At FIU, 3-0

I guess most of y'all don't follow sports otherwise you wouldn't be calling for a new coach after each lost. Serrano has taken 2 different teams to the CWS. Unfortunately, it's taken longer that expected to get SEC talent to Knoxville. The 2015 and 2016 class is loaded. I'm pretty sure UT was the only SEC team to open on the road. FIU is picked to make the regional. This was a great measuring stick. It does us no good to play sub par teams to pad our record. Once we get to SEC play, we will face starting pitchers that most likely are top 15 round picks.

Reactions: 1 person
My thoughts as a supporter: NCAA regional or look for a new coach. Not too much to expect.

I think you're looking for the football or recruiting forum. That's where the crazy lives.

Baseball is not like football or basketball. A baseball program cannot be re-built in 3 years.

A few examples of significant differences:

*scholarships
*pro draft
*baseball is losing ground to football and basketball in popularity

Last edited:
I guess most of y'all don't follow sports otherwise you wouldn't be calling for a new coach after each lost. Serrano has taken 2 different teams to the CWS. Unfortunately, it's taken longer that expected to get SEC talent to Knoxville. The 2015 and 2016 class is loaded. I'm pretty sure UT was the only SEC team to open on the road. FIU is picked to make the regional. This was a great measuring stick. It does us no good to play sub par teams to pad our record. Once we get to SEC play, we will face starting pitchers that most likely are top 15 round picks.
Most?

Serrano is trying to overcome a bigger mess than the one Butch inherited from Dooley. Of all of the bad moves made by Hamilton (and there were many) the hiring of Raleigh over Serrano was his worst move. And yes, Serrano really wanted the job when Raleigh was hired but Hamilton wouldn't wait until Serrano was finished playing in the CWS.

VN Store

Back