at Florida
at Kentucky
at LSU
at Ole Miss
at Oklahoma
at Texas
at Texas A&M
at Vanderbilt

A little surprised that we don't get either Texas or OU here, but looks like a fun schedule, including a visit by a defector

edit:

TENNESSEE 2024-25 SEC OPPONENTS
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
at Auburn
at Florida
at Kentucky
at LSU
at Ole Miss
at Oklahoma
at Texas
at Texas A&M
at Vanderbilt
We get Bama at home again? That seems weird.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The last game against Bama was away.
Right, but we played them only once in 2023 and that was at TBA. Then we got them home and home in 2024. So 2025 should be in Tuscaloosa, it would seem. If they alternated by game, why did we play them in TBA in 2023, then again in TBA in 2024 before playing them in Tuscaloosa?

Right, but we played them only once in 2023 and that was at TBA. Then we got them home and home in 2024. So 2025 should be in Tuscaloosa, it would seem. If they alternated by game, why did we play them in TBA in 2023, then again in TBA in 2024 before playing them in Tuscaloosa?
You could be right. Here are the most recent games. None of it makes all that much sense to me anymore. lol.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.22.08 PM.png

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Probably adding Texas and Oklahoma screws it up some for next year.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Their away game last year must have been part of the normal rotation. Since they were one of our 5 home and homes, we played them at home, too. Next time we catch them as a home and home, it should be a year when the normal rotation has us at home.

SEC really needs to go to a 20 game conference schedule. Play all 15 teams plus 5 that can either rotate on an annual basis or make them “permanent home/away series”. Either way, needs to be 20 games and eliminate two lower level games from the schedule. The Big 10, ACC, and Big East have all been playing a 20 game schedule and the Big 12 will switch to a 20 game schedule this year. Get with the times Sankey…

Their away game last year must have been part of the normal rotation. Since they were one of our 5 home and homes, we played them at home, too. Next time we catch them as a home and home, it should be a year when the normal rotation has us at home.
As I said though, if it was the normal rotation, why wasn’t our home game? We played them 2x in a row at home…2023 and the fist Bama game of 24.

I think this must have something to so with the new teams changing things.

As I said though, if it was the normal rotation, why wasn’t our home game? We played them 2x in a row at home…2023 and the fist Bama game of 24.

I think this must have something to so with the new teams changing things.
Because the away game last year was the normal rotation. Home in 2023, Away in 2024 (with extra game having to be home), home in 2025. I wouldn’t get caught up in 2x in a row- it’s based on seasons. Pretty sure it’s always been done this way.

VN Store

Back