2025 Recruiting

I know everything seems really heightened right now, especially with the reactionary posts by Nyla's family, but I haven't ruled out Nyla coming here at all. Someone posted here the other day that she still has a visit scheduled here this fall (no idea if this person was legit, but again for my mental health, I'm choosing to believe it!).

Anything is possible but somethings are very unlikely...Never say never though ...

Reactions: mlindsay
I know everything seems really heightened right now, especially with the reactionary posts by Nyla's family, but I haven't ruled out Nyla coming here at all. Someone posted here the other day that she still has a visit scheduled here this fall (no idea if this person was legit, but again for my mental health, I'm choosing to believe it!).
That would be great. But I'm not sure how much I would trust Unc in the future. He needs to back away. I get they're hurting, but everyone needs to cool a bit. Or alot. We'll see what happens.

That would be great. But I'm not sure how much I would trust Unc in the future. He needs to back away. I get they're hurting, but everyone needs to cool a bit. Or alot. We'll see what happens.

The Unc and the dad posted it wasn't just her uncle...

But Nyla has moved into the top 15 so if she did give us a shot we'd be very lucky to have her and i'd be extra excited since she is from VA

Well it looks like the Nyla card got discarded today with the firing of Sam made public (while Sam was in the air to represent the university at Rickea's draft day - WTF is that?) and her uncle's reaction. Don't see any going back fm that.

We certainly don't want a butt hurt kid and family, but I don't think the importance of Nyla slipping away can be diminished. Or more so, what getting her would have meant. We need an elite player/recruit to invest in CKC, period. Nyla, with her boundless enthusiasm and zealous love for recruiting other players to come with her, would have been the perfect first domino. Someone that will make other good players sit up and take notice needs to break that ice.

This all feels like one more very unfortunate blow. And really hard on Nyla who had so much invested. I really wish her best and hope she stays far away from the SEC.
Too yappy on Twitter.. good riddance to her and her family… sns

I agree w half of that. The Twitter yaps are likely a breaking point. Hope not.

But I totally disagree that it's good riddance. Nyla is 100% the 25 elite recruit CKC needed, and had in hand, to break the ice for her with other elite recruits. Now she has to start from scratch, with no contacts, to find another.

Naw she is a good one ... that young lady hasn't said a negative thing about this program or its new coach. She'd be a good get here at TN and would elevate Caldwells roster on both ends of the floor.

Last edited:
I agree w half of that. The Twitter yaps are likely a breaking point. Hope not.

But I totally disagree that it's good riddance. Nyla is 100% the 25 elite recruit CKC needed, and had in hand, to break the ice for her with other elite recruits. Now she has to start from scratch, with no contacts, to find another.

Bingo

Some players aren’t worth it if their parents are like that… Hayes anyone?
Oh God don't remind me the freakwadding Hayes are hanging over our heads again. I use to think Kellie Harper was cursed but now I think it may be me. For this year of absolute misery to end with Hayes redux would definitely drive me to a new hobby,

there's a lot of disrespect happening to CKC right now and she's only a week into it. i want nyla to be a lv and i don't blame her for the decisions of adults in her life. but, we have a new coach. it is her job to make the best decisions for the program at this point. not the uncle or father of a recruit. CKC does not strike me as someone who will be bossed around either.

CKC does not strike me as someone who will be bossed around either.
Good for her. Will come in handy. But doesn't change how important getting the elite already in hand would have been. It would have been such an advantage to a new coach going in cold. It's very unfortunate to lose that opportunity.

Some players aren’t worth it if their parents are like that… Hayes anyone?

You mean the two sisters that played for her at Marshall ? 😊

But it is what it is and we will see what kind of signees we will get from the portal and what kind of 25 class we will have.I know she will need time to form relationships with recruits so hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later.

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander not in top 3
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#48 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#49 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai

# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#14 Leah Macy
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#27 Keeley Parks
#16 Deniya Prawl
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai
Just curious. Do these women still have offers even though they are not recruits for the new coaching staff?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back