2025 Recruiting

We are not a Top 25 program at this moment with the portal overhaul of RJ, Spears etc. They aren’t here for free, but you know that. Unfortunately for those like yourself who want to believe it’s because of NIL as opposed to place of blame at the leadership level. It softens to blow to the casual fan. Get the leadership right and the rest takes care of itself, which other programs have done. At this point Kellie in her coaching acumen should be able to overcome NIL obstacles on the court by her coaching. She has shown she can’t win with less.

So my agenda stands, Kellie is in over her head. Colorado,VT, Stanford and IU for example don’t seem to cry NIL, they play ball.

** It’s not trolling if it’s true. She wasn’t landing players needed before. But you knew that as well.
We don't care about your agenda..

Reactions: Majors
Tennessee was behind before NIL, so again NIL is the spin excuse. You answered your own stance by saying we need money to fix leaderships failures. Get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself.

These kids aren’t paying bills, mortgages, groceries, childcare etc. Your scenario of being a recruiter isn’t the same here.
Dude, you are wrong. That's all I can tell you. You can disagree if you wish...I don't care. I know I am stating fact.

Reactions: glv98
We are behind in NIL funds and we have lost recruits because of it. Those are the facts assertions.
Claiming something, however many times, does not make it a fact. You are certainly entitled to hold your opinions dearly and share them. Facts are supported by evidence. Show some proof and you will be persuasive.

I am not calling you a liar. Your statements may be accurate, or not. You have not yet given evidence to support the claims you've made.

Reactions: Amb3096 and olddog
Lol, sure, becuase the NCAA's enforcement of regulations was what had been holding Tennessee back.

It certainly levels the playing field for Tennessee with teams that have been breaking the rules. If we get nothing from it then this staff and that collective have to go. This is the new way to recruit. Pick out the top three players you want and go get them every year. Then get a couple out of the portal and your in business of building a great team.
Not sure how you think this changes things. We still don't have the money, no matter who we are now allowed to offer it to. If anything, IMO this makes it worse for us. If our donor's problem is they're leery of cash for high school players the legalization of the wild west and the massive amounts that are about to get thrown at 17 yr olds is not likely to make them feel any better.

I agree with the first poster, what passed for NIL regulation was not what was holding us back. We have to find a money vein.

The Williams situation brings into focus how important money is and how we don't have any. Hard to imagine a more unstable situation than Oregon where everyone transfers and the coach is on the perpetual hotseat. If she'd stayed home that would be one thing, but to go out the way out there for that? Has to be money.

TN fans, espec football fans are celebrating UT taking down the NCAA and with it any money regulations. But this very well may turn out to be careful what you wish for.

...or she may not had a commitable offer to Tennessee. 😉

Not sure how you think this changes things. We still don't have the money, no matter who we are now allowed to offer it to. If anything, IMO this makes it worse for us. If our donor's problem is they're leery of cash for high school players the legalization of the wild west and the massive amounts that are about to get thrown at 17 yr olds is not likely to make them feel any better.

I agree with the first poster, what passed for NIL regulation was not what was holding us back. We have to find a money vein.

The Williams situation brings into focus how important money is and how we don't have any. Hard to imagine a more unstable situation than Oregon where everyone transfers and the coach is on the perpetual hotseat. If she'd stayed home that would be one thing, but to go out the way out there for that? Has to be money.

TN fans, espec football fans are celebrating UT taking down the NCAA and with it any money regulations. But this very well may turn out to be careful what you wish for.

Yawn...keep feigning disbelief to keep your agendas alive. I don't really care whatever you think or 'believe'. The rest of us know what's going on in recruiting and working for better days ahead. Eat that.

Claiming something, however many times, does not make it a fact. You are certainly entitled to hold your opinions dearly and share them. Facts are supported by evidence. Show some proof and you will be persuasive.

I am not calling you a liar. Your statements may be accurate, or not. You have not yet given evidence to support the claims you've made.

How can you say I’m wrong? Show me where you’re right and we can discuss. Blanket statements don’t eat.

You have to understand that schools have no control over what recruits post in social media. They can list whoever, whether the school has offered or not. It is my understanding that she didn't even visit the other school she listed, Oklahoma State. Even then, just because a recruit has an unofficial or official visit doesn't mean that the school has offered them.

Sorry, that's all I can say...

What? Now I am confused. How do we make the finals list of someone who has no "commitable offer"? If that's the case someone needs to say so bc right now it looks like once again we got left waiting at the altar. Not a good look.

You have to understand that schools have no control over what recruits post in social media. They can list whoever, whether the school has offered or not. It is my understanding that she didn't even visit the other school she listed, Oklahoma State. Even then, just because a recruit has an unofficial or official visit doesn't mean that the school has offered them.

Sorry, that's all I can say...
So she and her family purposely embarrassed and further set back the Lady Vol program? BC right now twitter is all about yet another LV recruiting failure. That father has endlessly courted LV supporters on social media. What a weird situation. Just when you think recruiting can't get any sleazier or depressing.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Glad to see you finally admitted that.

I'm afraid you're not going to be happy when the news you've been waiting for all season for doesn't come to fruition.

Conversely, I'm happy that people like you aren't running the athletic department.

My agenda is Kellie is in over her head. Show me where that’s not accurate.

Last edited:
I don't think that was her dad's intention..don't you think he might have been trying generate some buzz for his daughter? The recruiting world has many layers to it. I'm glad that we have Coach Sam to navigate it.

Have faith! We are 3rd in the conference behind South Carolina and LSU, but closing the gap with players like Rickea Jackson. Better days are ahead...

BTW, I pretty much stay clear of the so-called 'fans' on Twitter, I would recommend that you do, too.

So she and her family purposely embarrassed and further set back the Lady Vol program? BC right now twitter is all about yet another LV recruiting failure. That father has endlessly courted LV supporters on social media. What a weird situation. Just when you think recruiting can't get any sleazier or depressing.

Dude, you are wrong. That's all I can tell you. You can disagree if you wish...I don't care. I know I am stating fact.
You’re stating an opinion, not a fact until you can prove it and not just go on hearsay or what you want believe.

What does that mean, "as if they are all equal?"

Are the kids posting their NIL offers? And comparing dollar values in their remarks? Or is this meant to imply that they're posting those typical "Blessed to receive an offer" posts? Because that's courtesy and it takes minutes. Superficial social media comments don't tell you a thing about where schools stand.
The offers…it’s not courtesy. It’s business to generate more interest. Play the game. Courtesy is appreciation on the call/visit and showing genuine gratitude when offer is made.

Yawn...keep feigning disbelief to keep your agendas alive. I don't really care whatever you think or 'believe'. The rest of us know what's going on in recruiting and working for better days ahead. Eat that.
May need for your own good, maybe start listening to what you see and not what you’re told. A few tried say how this was going to go years ago and here we are. Thankful for Rickea to help be a silver lining

Glad to see you finally admitted that.

I'm afraid you're not going to be happy when the news you've been waiting for all season for doesn't come to fruition.

Conversely, I'm happy that people like you aren't running the athletic department.
That’s been admitted for sometime. Didn’t just come to light today with another lost recruit.

I don't think that was her dad's intention..don't you think he might have been trying generate some buzz for his daughter? The recruiting world has many layers to it. I'm glad that we have Coach Sam to navigate it.

Have faith! We are 3rd in the conference behind South Carolina and LSU, but closing the gap with players like Rickea Jackson. Better days are ahead...

BTW, I pretty much stay clear of the so-called 'fans' on Twitter, I would recommend that you do, too.
Regardless of Dad's intentions, the result is Kellie is once more taking a public beating for not being able to recruit. If he used KJH to her determint for "buzz" that's sickening and I wish someone would call him out on it. He's very active on twitter; he sees what's being said. If his intention was not to further kick KJH while she's down, for God's sake clear it up. Otherwise he's sleaze to me. I was actually already a little suspicious of them, they were just courting LV fan attention like crazy. A little over over.

Speaking of twitter, me or you staying off won't matter except to our sanity. But that's where all the kids are and where many WBB media folks are. I don't think what gets said her on this forum makes a tinker's damn worth of difference to recruits but what gets said on twitter definitely does. And what's being said tonight, thanks to the Williams recruitment, is not good at all.

Also, just for the record, we're going to finish 4th or 5th in conference and there's only one Rickea Jackson and she will be gone all too soon. Unless another one turns up in the portal, we won't have another player like that for awhile. Can't really see the gap closing at all, esp with Texas and Okla coming. Sorry to be a bummer, but this is reality.

Regardless of Dad's intentions, the result is Kellie is once more taking a public beating for not being able to recruit. If he used KJH to her determint for "buzz" that's sickening and I wish someone would call him out on it. He's very active on twitter; he sees what's being said. If his intention was not to further kick KJH while she's down, for God's sake clear it up. Otherwise he's sleaze to me. I was actually already a little suspicious of them, they were just courting LV fan attention like crazy. A little over over.

Speaking of twitter, me or you staying off won't matter except to our sanity. But that's where all the kids are and where many WBB media folks are. I don't think what gets said her on this forum makes a tinker's damn worth of difference to recruits but what gets said on twitter definitely does. And what's being said tonight, thanks to the Williams recruitment, is not good at all.

Also, just for the record, we're going to finish 4th or 5th in conference and there's only one Rickea Jackson and she will be gone all too soon. Unless another one turns up in the portal, we won't have another player like that for awhile. Can't really see the gap closing at all, esp with Texas and Okla coming. Sorry to be a bummer, but this is reality.
I second the Twitter stance…all those impressions (views) are more than comments here.

Reactions: UTtoDC

VN Store

Back