2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

The one thing to know about KIM CALDWELL is that she is a truly GREAT COACH. And if the players on this LADY VOLS basketball team play anything close to their POTENTIAL, the SEC is in deep, deep trouble. And you can just forget about how many minutes the players on her team will play. I bet some of you are going to be surprised at who gets HOW MANY MINUTES. And I am not talking about the players she got from the portal. I am talking about the players she has inherited from Coach HARPER. I have seen many of them play and KIM has a lot to work with. JEWEL and DARBY are special and will get their minutes.

The one thing to know about KIM CALDWELL is that she is a truly GREAT COACH. And if the players on this LADY VOLS basketball team play anything close to their POTENTIAL, the SEC is in deep, deep trouble. And you can just forget about how many minutes the players on her team will play. I bet some of you are going to be surprised at who gets HOW MANY MINUTES. And I am not talking about the players she got from the portal. I am talking about the players she has inherited from Coach HARPER. I have seen many of them play and KIM has a lot to work with. JEWEL and DARBY are special and will get their minutes.
I think she will make many here have a heart attack

I put Whitehorn over Cooper and have Puckett coming off the bench due to her lack of speed.

What’s your projected starting 5?
Well, I guess it depends on whether you think CKC starts five or six guards!
I think starters may not matter much but I would think possibly Cooper, Spear, Hollingshed, Puckett and ???? ( another guard). I know Puckett doesn’t fit the mold, as we understand it to be, but she has length and is the best three point shooter we have (?). I’m still leaning towards you have to have some height in the game.

Let’s not forget Wells!!! That kid is special. She’s going to get minutes if she is healthy

A new offense won’t help Wynn learn to dribble, shoot or make layups, she shouldn’t get much time at all.
If Wynn adds a jumper, works on her three and learns to finish a proper layup,,,she will truly thrive in this system and could explode this year
There's a good chance that the other All-American, Cooper maybe in one of those starting spots before Spencer or Spear. Also, Kaiya Wynns ability to get to the rim and her defensive presence gives her an opportunity to be in that lineup as well. 4 years of SEC basketball experience and her athleticism will help Wynn tremendously.
Coop will start,,,as far as I believe, as she is a Jordan H in the ready
look for the coaching staff to be out this weekend snagging big time 2025 players
Now you're thinking,,,Nyke ;o)

If Wynn adds a jumper, works on her three and learns to finish a proper layup,,,she will truly thrive in this system and could explode this year

I just burst out laughing because you post it so casually but that’s asking A LOT of a player in only one summer.

Think Little Giants, Cool Runnings or any other miracle sports film because that’s what would have to happen. I believe in miracles so we shall see.

I just burst out laughing because you post it so casually but that’s asking A LOT of a player in only one summer.

Think Little Giants, Cool Runnings or any other miracle sports film because that’s what would have to happen. I believe in miracles so we shall see.
If I can do this with HS players, surely it can be done in one summer with an elite collegiate athlete.
I am a skills and mechanics coach and I have NO DOUBT in my ability to get this out of a player in one summer.
If any coach has doubts they can do these things,,,they should find a new coaching focus and hire someone who can

All coaches have strengths and weaknesses...Holly and Kellie did as you do and considered "it couldn't be done" and look at where they are now!

Pat Summit said ... "Surround yourself with people who are better than you are. Seek out quality people, acknowledge their talents, and let them do their jobs. You win with people. Value those colleagues who tell you the truth, not just what you want to hear."...she hired coaches who had Beta qualities and stayed with her strengths,,,this is why she succeeded

If you are a coach NBB, please take my advice

Reactions: Ratvol
Who are the remaining targets?
I don't think we know, and I admire the way Caldwell holds her cards close to her vest. I think she will take one, for sure. My guess is a nimble big, ideally, based on something she said in one of the Big Orange Caravan interviews.

"I think when you’re on the court, basketball is basketball. I think this part [touring with the Big Orange Caravan, meeting fans, and promoting the Tennessee and LV brands] is definitely an adjustment. I think going to the SEC Meetings is going to be an adjustment. I think there’s going to be a lot of adjustments off the floor that are new.

"But I think that basketball is basketball, and that when you’re between the lines, and you have equal talent, I think it will be okay."

As far as what on-court adjustments there are, she said height is "absolutely" one.

"The height is a tremendous adjustment, so you need someone who can get in there, who can rebound, that can run, and that can play the post position -- a little bit differently -- but still have the size to where we’re not just getting pounded on the inside."

Maybe a second player also, IDK. Prolly depends on the opportunity.

Last edited:
Looking at our updated roster we definitely need 1 or 2 more post defenders. It's been said before but bears repeating that the current roster makeup is one injury away from Tess Darby defending in the post. At 6-4 and very strong, Barker would be a perfect fit.

Looking at our updated roster we definitely need 1 or 2 more post defenders. It's been said before but bears repeating that the current roster makeup is one injury away from Tess Darby defending in the post. At 6-4 and very strong, Barker would be a perfect fit.

Yeah we need one more post for sure imo. Spearman, Hollingshed and Puckett will all get time at the 5 imo but Puckett is going to have to out her big girl pants on. With this roster she won’t be guarding on the perimeter anymore though. Which should really be a relief to her because she was not cut out for that life.

Dauda or Barker would be excellent. Both would be unreal.

Dauda and Spencer seem to have a really close connection from Arkansas. They are always love bombing each others posts. Wouldn’t be shocked to see her in Knoxville with her friend.

Barker is a mystery but she’s shared several Bible verse posts lately. So she’s really mulling something over. In the short time we’ve know Kim Caldwell she has done one thing consistently and that is give Glory to God. So that could be a really good match.

As far as what on-court adjustments there are, she said height is "absolutely" one.

"The height is a tremendous adjustment, so you need someone who can get in there, who can rebound, that can run, and that can play the post position -- a little bit differently -- but still have the size to where we’re not just getting pounded on the inside."
Glory Hallalujah!! First I've seen this. Very comforting. Posters who say "she'll play 5 point guards" are new to the SEC.
Dauda and Spencer seem to have a really close connection from Arkansas. They are always love bombing each others posts. Wouldn’t be shocked to see her in Knoxville with her friend.
I wondered about this, which side of the Arky divide Dauda landed on. Good to know.
Barker is a mystery but she’s shared several Bible verse posts lately. So she’s really mulling something over. In the short time we’ve know Kim Caldwell she has done one thing consistently and that is give Glory to God. So that could be a really good match.
Maybe JB will just take the season off for mental reset. Anyone remember Rennia at the end of the last Holly year? Barker reminds me of her, just as lost but also angrier.

I would rate Kamiya Boyd as a strong chance to play at point guard. This is a short high school video of double 0 playing the point.

Love it. It looks like a successful audition video for Kim Cadwell ball. Kim must have been so pleased to find out that she already had Boyd and Coop waiting to play when she got here. It speaks well when all the opposing player in the video can do because of your superior athleticism is tackle leg as you make a steal :D,

VN Store

Back