2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Uh oh Kapinus is following a bunch of Vandy players and Ralph now.
At this point I think we might want to look at Rhyanne Allen. She basically a more athletic Tess

There’s still quite a few on the board tho. I think Spencer and Dwyer may commit on visit. Whitehorn may have committed but is waiting to sign but who knows

At this point I think we might want to look at Rhyanne Allen. She basically a more athletic Tess

There’s still quite a few on the board tho. I think Spencer and Dwyer may commit on visit. Whitehorn may have committed but is waiting to sign but who knows
Seems like we always have to settle, we can never get the top targets.

Skim said we got a committment on April 29th which has not been verified on May 2nd. So I hope their 3rd miss isn't Tennesse again would be weird that out of three misses two were to Tennessee.
To be transparent: Skim in the discord said the gif was for Whitehorn. She said that none of her sources had said anything about Kapinus and that she had not visited. Seems like someone said her name and looked at IG follows and everyone (Donnie, 94Feet, EJay) just started parroting each other.

Also: Donovyn Hunter was gif'd back over two weeks ago and she just announced today. Sometimes maybe it just takes time.

Seems like we always have to settle, we can never get the top targets.
PG
Samera Spencer (11) UT or idk lean?
Lashae Dwyer (13) UT lean!

SG
Deja Kelly (3) UNC lean
Leilani Kapinus (7) UT or Vandy???
Tess Heal (16) Stanford lean

SF/W
Ruby Whitehorn (1) UT or Baylor???
Darione Rogers (6) No idea lean?
Riley Nelson (7) No idea lean??
Kylie Marshall (13) No idea lean??
Mir McLean (18) No idea lean??

PF
Liatu King (2) ND lean
Janiah Barker (4) Texas or OM lean
Liza Karlen (6) Uconn or ND lean
Maryam Dauda (8) Uconn, SC or Texas lean

To be transparent: Skim in the discord said the gif was for Whitehorn. She said that none of her sources had said anything about Kapinus and that she had not visited. Seems like someone said her name and looked at IG follows and everyone (Donnie, 94Feet, EJay) just started parroting each other.

Also: Donovyn Hunter was gif'd back over two weeks ago and she just announced today. Sometimes maybe it just takes time.
I’ve heard very reliably that she visited with Whitehorn. No word on commitment

Ruby's mom also stated uncommitted after the visit here, so who knows if we do have one committed yet. I don't think we will get all four targets and will end up with two of the four.

Ruby's mom also stated uncommitted after the visit here, so who knows if we do have one committed yet. I don't think we will get all four targets and will end up with two of the four.
Well ofc she said uncommitted…. It’s not her news to break

Makes me wonder where all that new NIL money White was talking about is. From what I have seen so far, very few of the top recruits even considered the Lady Vols. Since the NIL is listed as a top reason to visit, I am assuming that the Lady Vols lack the NIL funds that other schools have to offer the top recruits. If the NIL funds were available as White has said, then either we don't have them or they are being saved for high school
recruits and thus following the SC model. SC has been reported to be paying each player at least $30000 per year which equals $450,000 for the team of 15 players. We know that some on the team are paid more then the $30000 so it is safe to assume that their NIL exceeds the $450000 and is probably closer to $800000 to 1 Million. It appears UT would have more for their players if the schools could pay the players from the revenue the school generates if that was allowed, especially for the Lady Vols. That is not allowed yet, so in the meantime some NIL money MUST be generated by corporate sponsors to match programs like SC. The average fan cannot fund the $million dollar funds needed to compete with SC, LSU and even the other 13 teams in the SEC in addition to buy tickets and donate to the university. Only corporate sponsors can do that until the schools are allowed to pay the players. At that time, few schools can match UT and the SEC in the revenue generated.

I hope I am wrong and more NIL money is available and the Lady Vols are trying to spend it wisely. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks and see which direction the Lady Vols NIL goes......for high school stars or some late surprises in the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder where all that new NIL money White was talking about is. From what I have seen so far, very few of the top recruits even considered the Lady Vols. Since the NIL is listed as a top reason to visit, I am assuming that the Lady Vols lack the NIL funds that other schools have to offer the top recruits. If the NIL funds were available as White has said, then either we don't have them or they are being saved for high school
recruits and thus following the SC model. SC has been reported to be paying each player at least $30000 per year which equals $450,000 for the team of 15 players. We know that some on the team are paid more then the $30000 so it is safe to assume that their NIL exceeds the $450000 and is probably closer to $800000 to 1 Million. It appears UT would have more for their players if the schools could pay the players from the revenue the school generates if that was allowed, especially for the Lady Vols. That is not allowed yet, so in the meantime some NIL money MUST be generated by corporate sponsors to match programs like SC. The average fan cannot fund the $million dollar funds needed to compete with SC, LSU and even the other 13 teams in the SEC. Only corporate sponsors can do that until the schools are allowed to pay the players. At that time, few schools can match UT and the SEC in the revenue generated.

I hope I am wrong and more NIL money is available and the Lady Vols are trying to spend it wisely. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks and see which direction the NIL goes......for high school stars or some
late surprises in the transfer portal.
We still have the money but the only 2 I would have paid top dollar are Kiki Iriafen and Laila Phelia. Kiki went home and I guess Texas could have outbid us for Phelia. We have all the money for the top players in the 2025 class now, all these other teams have all these top players already so we should be able to outbid them, but if we lose out I don’t think money will be the issue.

recruits and thus following the SC model. SC has been reported to be paying each player at least $30000 per year which equals $450,000 for the team of 15 players. We know that some on the team are paid more then the $30000 so it is safe to assume that their NIL exceeds the $450000 and is probably closer to $800000 to 1 Million. It appears UT would have more for their players if the schools could pay the players from the revenue the school generates if that was allowed, especially for the Lady Vols. That is not allowed yet, so in the meantime some NIL money MUST be generated by corporate sponsors to match programs like SC. The average fan cannot fund the $million dollar funds needed to compete with SC, LSU and even the other 13 teams in the SEC in addition to buy tickets and donate to the university. Only corporate sponsors can do that until the schools are allowed to pay the players. At that time, few schools can match UT and the SEC in the revenue generated.

I hope I am wrong and more NIL money is available and the Lady Vols are trying to spend it wisely. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks and see which direction the Lady Vols NIL goes......for high school stars or some late surprises in the transfer portal.
We've already signed three to the Vol Club, Latham, Cooper and Spear which means at least those three have sizeable deals.

Make no mistake we routinely had top recruits here but lost out on several strictly due to NIL. Now we can at least be competitive for many of the top recruits. That will help land some.

PG
Samera Spencer (11) UT or idk lean?
Lashae Dwyer (13) UT lean!

SG
Deja Kelly (3) UNC lean
Leilani Kapinus (7) UT or Vandy???
Tess Heal (16) Stanford lean

SF/W
Ruby Whitehorn (1) UT or Baylor???
Darione Rogers (6) No idea lean?
Riley Nelson (7) No idea lean??
Kylie Marshall (13) No idea lean??
Mir McLean (18) No idea lean??

PF
Liatu King (2) ND lean
Janiah Barker (4) Texas or OM lean
Liza Karlen (6) Uconn or ND lean
Maryam Dauda (8) Uconn, SC or Texas lean
Mir McLean suddenly becomes the best scorer on the list and she had to sit out an entire year with an injury. She was really great for Virginia the year before. The best three point shooter is Darrione Rogers that is left on the board. Uconn can't get both Karlen and Dauda only one scholarship to give. Kapinus is definitely looking Vandy and King Notre Dame.

VN Store

Back