2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Hey look Georgia is alive! This is legit the first Georgia recruiting thing I’ve seen. I know she hates the portal but dam 🦫

If I responded back in the same way to the quote it would be considered bickering so I’m just going to say “thanks for the heads up.”
I have noted your attempt to move toward center, and have tried to drop an upvote when I’ve deemed earned.

Notice: my opinion is worth squat.

I do appreciate the eternally optimistic and there can rarely be much honey applied to a recipe, but you’ve managed to do so. In my book anyway.

I’ll go ahead and drop this. There was one of Maria’s peeps, full blown paid members, that you strike me as having a similar posting history. It amazes me that you keep changing your username. Just own your online persona.

TRANSFERS

Seniors/5th
Georgia Amoore
(DNC-KENTUCKY)
Liatu King
Laila Phelia
Deja Kelly (“Testing Waters”)
Hailey Van Lith (DNC-MsSt)
Charlisse Leger-Walker (DNC)
Lucy Olsen (IOWA)
Ajae Petty
(OHIO STATE)
Temira Poindexter
Kaitlyn Chen (Uconn)
Talia Von Oelhoffen (DNC)
Maddie Scherr (Iowa, ND, Indiana)
Leilani Kapinus
Deedee Hageman (OLE MISS)
Eniya Russell
(MISSISSIPPI STATE)
Kaylene Smikle (MARYLAND)

Liza Karlen (ND)
Emma Ronsiek (COLORADO STATE)

Jersey Wolfenbarger (LSU)
Zaay Green (ALABAMA)

Kiki Iriafen (DNC- Uconn)
Latasha Lattimore
Nyamer Diew (COLORADO)
Temeria Poindexter
De’Yona Gaston
Leilani Kapinus
Hannah Gusters (UCF)
Aaronette Vonleh
Darione Rogers
Loyal McQueen
Nyah Wilson (Mizzou)*
Starr Jacobs (OLE MISS)*
Caitlin Weimar (NC State)*
Lashae Dwyer (Tennessee)*
Tessa Miller (CLEMSON)

Aaliyah Nye (DNC)

Juniors
Grace VanSlooten (MICHIGAN STATE)

Janiah Barker (DNC- LSU)
Timea Gardiner (DNC)
Kailyn Gilbert
Saylor Poffenbarger (Alabama)
Chance Gray (OHIO STATE)
KK Bransford
Reagan Beers (DNC- Uconn)
Ruby Whitehorn (FSU, LSU,Baylor)
Teonni Key (KENTUCKY)*

Kennedy Basham
Shay Cziki
Denae Fritz
Emma Shumate (Clemson)
Lazaria Spearman (Tennessee)
Mir McLean **ACL waiver

Sophomores
Taliah Scott (AUBURN)

Carter McCray
Clara Strack (DNC-KENTUCKY)
Mjracle Sheppard
Alyssa Latham (Tennessee)
Donovyn Hunter
Gracie Merkle
Jalynn Bristow (Texas Tech)*

Freshman
Saniah Jah (ARIZONA)

Italics=Visits
COMMITS
DNC = Do Not Contact
* no consensus rank but SEC/P5

Gonna make a list of all the big targets and track visits and commitments

NEW!!!
Consensus Player Position Ranks

PG
Georgia Amoore
(DNC-KENTUCKY)
Lucy Olsen (IOWA)

Leila Phelia
Charlisse Leger-Walker (DNC)
Kaitlyn Chen (Uconn)
Maddie Scherr (Iowa, ND, Indiana)
Chance Gray (OHIO STATE)
Deedee Hageman
(OLE MISS)
Loyal McQueen
Lashae Dwyer*

SG

Talia Von Oelhoffen (DNC)
Hailey Van Lith (DNC-MsSt)
Deja Kelly (“Testing Waters”)
Taliah Scott (AUBURN)
Kailyn Gilbert
Donovyn Hunter
Aaliyah Nye
Leilani Kapinus
Kaylene Smikle (MARYLAND)
KK Bransford
Shay Cziki
Nyah Wilson (Mizzou)*

SF/W

Ruby Whitehorn (FSU, LSU,Baylor)
Emma Ronsiek (COLORADO STATE)

Zaay Green (ALABAMA)
Temeria Poindexter
Saylor Poffenbarger (Alabama)
Darione Rogers
Nyamer Diew (COLORADO)
Eniya Russell
(MISSISSIPPI STATE)
Denae Fritz
Mjracle Sheppard
Emma Shumate
Saniah Jah (ARIZONA)
Mir McLean

PF
Kiki Iriafen (DNC- Uconn)
Liatu King
Grace VanSlooten (MICHIGAN STATE)
Janiah Barker (DNC- LSU)
Timea Gardiner (DNC)
De’Yona Gaston
Liza Karlen (ND)
Alyssa Latham (Tennessee)
Lazaria Spearman (Tennessee)
Tessa Miller (Clemson)

Carter McCray
Latasha Lattimore
Starr Jacobs (OLE MISS)*
Teonni Key (KENTUCKY)*
Jalynn Bristow (Texas Tech)*

P/C
Reagan Beers (DNC- Uconn)
Aaronette Vonleh
Hannah Gusters (UCF)
Caitlin Weimar (NC State)
Clara Strack (DNC-KENTUCKY)
Gracie Merkle
Jersey Wolfenbarger (LSU)
Kennedy Basham
Rating on Nye wise I think she fits nicely between Hunter and Kapinus

Hunter mostly is on potential and years and Kapinus was also a 41% from 3 with 3 less average points but 3 more rebounds per game.

Can someone remind me what 3 visits we have lined up? Also, do we have a legit shot at Liatu King?

Can someone remind me what 3 visits we have lined up? Also, do we have a legit shot at Liatu King?
Latham and Spearman for sure. Dwyer is up in the air at this point, working out the details. Word on the street is King should be coming to visit, but no official word. I would love for Nye to come. She can light it up from downtown.

Latham and Spearman for sure. Dwyer is up in the air at this point, working out the details. Word on the street is King should be coming to visit, but no official word. I would love for Nye to come. She can light it up from downtown.
Thanks! That's very encouraging. I asked about King bc I just saw a portal ranking of remaining players that had her 3rd behind KiKi and Beers. Another had her 10th with those who have already committed including. That's impressive.

Thanks! That's very encouraging. I asked about King bc I just saw a portal ranking of remaining players that had her 3rd behind KiKi and Beers. Another had her 10th with those who have already committed including. That's impressive.
I would love to add King to this roster, She is super athletic and would also fit right into the mold of what Coach Kim is trying to build here.

I would really question why we would take Dwyer a lot of better point guards in the portal. Latham, Spearman, King, and Nye would certainly take all four. Only leaves one scholarship so need to make it a great choice and I don't think Dwyer fits that description.

I would really question why we would take Dwyer a lot of better point guards in the portal. Latham, Spearman, King, and Nye would certainly take all four. Only leaves one scholarship so need to make it a great choice and I don't think Dwyer fits that description.
Hold the final scholarship in case someone enters the portal at the last minute that wasn't expected and I would choose between Latham or King and not both, and I would learn toward Latham because she has 3 years of eligibility left and more size at 6'2" than King at 5'11/6'0"

King is a nice player but she’s not an absolute must imo. She’s pretty undersized for the way she plays. Only 6’ and does not have any outside shot at all. Never attempted a 3 in her career.

She did improve massively last season under the new coach and with significantly more minutes.

Would not put her in the top 5 transfers available right now though. She was on a team that only won 8 games and only 2 in the ACC so that makes me pretty hesitant. Being the best player on a very bad team doesn’t always mean they are that great of a player.

Mostly I’d be a little wary due to the lack of an outside shot and her height. Super athletic, but at 6’ you’re giving up a lot at the PF spot in the SEC.

Hold the final scholarship in case someone enters the portal at the last minute that wasn't expected and I would choose between Latham or King and not both, and I would learn toward Latham because she has 3 years of eligibility left and more size at 6'2" than King at 5'11/6'0"
I am hoping all four are committed by Monday or Tuesday of next week so if any of the girls on the team are rethinking their situation they will have time to explore their options in the portal.

Same I much prefer Latham due to her age and potential.

I am hoping all four are committed by Monday or Tuesday of next week so if any of the girls on the team are rethinking their situation they will have time to explore their options in the portal.

I think we may have 1 player leave. I’ve really been wondering about Wells.

Wells is hard to track because she doesn’t do socials at all. She also just doesn’t seem as connected with the team.

Reactions: vols90
I think we may have 1 player leave. I’ve really been wondering about Wells.

Wells is hard to track because she doesn’t do socials at all. She also just doesn’t seem as connected with the team.
I can think of about four that should explore their options, but I hope they stay if they don't mind minimal playing time.

Reactions: spojo13
I can think of about four that should explore their options, but I hope they stay if they don't mind minimal playing time.

Yes, I can agree with that statement. I’m not going there though lol.

I’ve only pointed out one I think needs to move on.

I think a couple of the others have a lot of potential if they get in shape and buy in to what KC is selling.

I maintain Strickland is a bit of a wasted scholarship. Great kid, but she just isn’t ever going to be athletic enough to compete in this league. Not sure we need her taking a roster spot for another couple seasons unless she improves dramatically.

At the time she was brought to UT Kellie said it “had to make sense for us and make sense for her and at this time it does.” To me she was basically saying they needed some warm bodies on the bench, because she really wanted to be a Lady Vol before committing to WV and then Pitt and we blew her off. Tells me the previous staff didn’t think she had the stuff but relented when they were desperate for a player.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Some will be in for a rude awakening if they stay because they likely won't play at all, but to some, starting and finishing as a lady vol and being able to sign the graduation wall (if that even remains a thing) might be more important than going elsewhere.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back